Off Course: Putting and Putter Fitting, Travel Golfing and More

140 rounds of golf…wow.

I’m at 14 and I thought that was a pretty good amount. I really need to play more.

Never played night golf. I need to add that to my golf bucket list.
Fortunately it’s kind of my job on all fronts now, makes it easy.

Was just thinking today I needed a new golf
Podcast for when I mow — found it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dig into his previous episodes, they’re all excellent!

Roll. That. 7.
Thanks - i have a matte black one step on the way, will try the machine with it this sunday - if all goes well. comparing the use freq filtered to the stroke lab - wow I would not have believed it. The stroke lab felt quieter, if possible smoother, and firmer - the difference between them was truly dramatic and made it hard using both during our practice rounds - so I committed to the 7 - and I really like the 7 as well, it's changed my game - but part of that was/is changes in my set up and where I put my eyes when putting. Long neck ansers have always been my first love in golf equipment!

Every long neck blade is a celebration!! Use it!!
Ready to go. 358 gm head 70 gm clevis pin for the back weight. When the shaft arrives Thursday or Friday,15 minutes to measure twice cut once, mix epoxy install. Next morning blow the gripmaster on. Test drive and maybe use during Sunday's round. 25C9F727-C0FA-45BC-B34F-84F37A8CAAD8.jpeg37041ADC-6C94-4D7B-AD57-1B4C02E5AB9B.jpeg
The clevis pin is 3”x1/2” almost perfect fit in a shaft, with one or two wraps of masking tape.

Last edited:
Loved the conversation, guys. Golf travel talk always gets my interest and spurs many daydreams and planning of trips I want to take with my buds.

140 rounds so far this year is amazing. James has played roughly 2 out of every 3 days. Next year, I'm shooting for a 1/4 of the rounds he plays. Heck, that may be too ambitious.

Great talk about getting the young ones involved. I'm hoping my grandsons want to play when they get older. I've convinced their dad to come out and play, and he loves the game. He's taken the oldest grandson out to ride in the cart and that seems to be piquing some interest.

Loved the conversation, guys. Golf travel talk always gets my interest and spurs many daydreams and planning of trips I want to take with my buds.

140 rounds so far this year is amazing. James has played roughly 2 out of every 3 days. Next year, I'm shooting for a 1/4 of the rounds he plays. Heck, that may be too ambitious.

Great talk about getting the young ones involved. I'm hoping my grandsons want to play when they get older. I've convinced their dad to come out and play, and he loves the game. He's taken the oldest grandson out to ride in the cart and that seems to be piquing some interest.
The crazy part? He's probably missed more than half of those days - It's his double and triple round efforts that should impress.

Triple round? What kind of temps are we talking here?

The crazy part? He's probably missed more than half of those days - It's his double and triple round efforts that should impress.

That’s a fella with good (and young) back. I would barely be able to get out of bed the day after 36, let alone 54. And that’s riding.

Good listen guys.

I agree on some cap system changes.
I agree on proud dad moments on the course. Its amazing haha.

Will the matte finish shaft require the same tip prep that a chrome or gloss finish shaft requires?

Back