Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

So how’s this ball still doing for you guys that are playing it now that it’s hot and kinda dry-ish out? Any more comparisons to other brands out there?

So how’s this ball still doing for you guys that are playing it now that it’s hot and kinda dry-ish out? Any more comparisons to other brands out there?

Its pretty much my go to right now. Low spin off the tee and plenty fast.

It's still been my go-to the last handful of rounds and I have been playing some solid golf with it. I don't really have many specific comparisons since my golf ball game is all over the map, but my usuals are Snell MTB-X and Z-Star XV.

Reminds me that I need to reload since I think I only have a sleeve or so left.

I tried it again for the first time in a while the other day and left my thoughts in the 'what ball did you play last' thread. Mostly unchanged from my early thoughts except for it feeling especially not great to me off the X Forged UT. Didn't like that at all, and made me wonder about people playing if with hollow bodies and how they like that.

Continues to impress more each time I bring it out! Especially the short game with pitch and chip shots. I've alternated with the X on some practice rounds and don't see any tangible difference in spin so it's doing its job very well.

It's also an absolute rocket off the tee of course and just goes with the irons!

I tried it again for the first time in a while the other day and left my thoughts in the 'what ball did you play last' thread. Mostly unchanged from my early thoughts except for it feeling especially not great to me off the X Forged UT. Didn't like that at all, and made me wonder about people playing if with hollow bodies and how they like that.
hmm, like too hard?

was thinking about giving these a go when current supply runs out.

Edit: found the post in the other thread. That's interesting cause I couldn't play the prior year CS due to feeling like a marshmallow. maybe will just try a sleeve before a big order then. :unsure:

hmm, like too hard?

Edit: found the post in the other thread. That's interesting cause I couldn't play the prior year CS due to feeling like a marshmallow. maybe will just try a sleeve before a big order then. :unsure:
All personal preference and desired performance but just surprised me obviously. CS and CSX LS are pretty far apart on the spectrum, so it definitely won't feel like a marshmallow. It's a really good ball for the people it fits. A lot of people here play it. It's always nice to try a sleeve first instead of a bunch for me. I hate having a ton on hand, so I end up giving them away if they're not for me when I do.

ball of choice, and it’s not close for me. Fits me well, and does everything I need it to.

Its pretty much my go to right now. Low spin off the tee and plenty fast.
How are you liking the green side spin?

Found a CS x LS and decided to give it a try on the last hole in league last night. Par 5. Long off driver. Hit a 3w to the left side of green. Nice ball flight. Hit little chippy pitch that surprised me with the spin. Feel putting was good, and I even used the TT to line up the putt. I might buy a 3-pack and explore more. Interesting ball. Surprised me.

All personal preference and desired performance but just surprised me obviously. CS and CSX LS are pretty far apart on the spectrum, so it definitely won't feel like a marshmallow. It's a really good ball for the people it fits. A lot of people here play it. It's always nice to try a sleeve first instead of a bunch for me. I hate having a ton on hand, so I end up giving them away if they're not for me when I do.
I'm always willing to take them off your hands...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One sleeve of CSX left and switching to these as I have a few dozen. I am looking forward to putting these in play. The CSX is a fantastic ball, but the little bit of reduced spin on the longer clubs (especially off the tee) is what I am excited about.

Played 9 this morning with the LS. Very interesting ball. Wedge spin is crazy good for a lower spin ball off the tee. Pic: Gap wedge to a 120 pin that backed up quite a bit. I typically back up wedge shots, but this beyond my norm.

View attachment 9020422
Very Tigeresq of you with this shot! haha All joking aside, I have done this before, not intentional, but it has happened a few times.

hmm, like too hard?

I play the D7 Forged and the LS are noticeably more clicky than the CS and a bit more than the CSX but they're not to the level of a 2019 TP5x or a Left Dash. I'd say that they're definitely playable and are mitigated by forged clubs especially. The balls are absolutely heroic in the wind and in warmer weather I'd have no problem playing them. Generally though, I prefer the CSX for every-day play.

I play the D7 Forged and the LS are noticeably more clicky than the CS and a bit more than the CSX but they're not to the level of a 2019 TP5x or a Left Dash. I'd say that they're definitely playable and are mitigated by forged clubs especially. The balls are absolutely heroic in the wind and in warmer weather I'd have no problem playing them. Generally though, I prefer the CSX for every-day play.
I have also noticed that the CSX-LS balls seem to get through the wind much better. Previously the TP5x was my go to on windy days but the LS ball has taken that space for me.

I have also noticed that the CSX-LS balls seem to get through the wind much better. Previously the TP5x was my go to on windy days but the LS ball has taken that space for me.
I play the TP5 as a gamer. The LS definitely cuts wind better and is downright pleasant compared to the 2019 tp5x. That thing feels like a rock.

When it's blowing I tend not to worry as much about distance, but rather just keeping the ball on the fairway or in reasonable play. I can't remember a time where I had a wild slice or hook with the LS that wasn't blatant user error.

First time with the X LS yesterday. Didn't mind feel at all which is good. Need a little more work with wedges and short game to see how much additional spin there might be for me.

Driver seemed good and lower spin.

I've been playing the Chrome Soft X LS since they came out and love them. It's a firm ball, nothing soft about them. I've lost less golf balls since I made the switch. It was 50 outside this afternoon and the CS X LS still outperformed the CS. Just kept a couple in my pocket to keep them warm. Definitely worth a try for sure!

I've been playing the Chrome Soft X LS since they came out and love them. It's a firm ball, nothing soft about them. I've lost less golf balls since I made the switch. It was 50 outside this afternoon and the CS X LS still outperformed the CS. Just kept a couple in my pocket to keep them warm. Definitely worth a try for sure!
I just returned two dozen of the CSX for the LS. After my last round, I'm completely sold.

We have a new shop that is offering a $40 ball fitting and they waive the fee if you by a dozen balls they fit you into. I am going to take my current ball (e12 contact/BRX) and compare to Prov1 that I fitted in at a titleist demo and the CSXLS. I need to know if it was my imagination that the CSXLS was long for me off the tee but a little wayward off irons. I hope it was just some off days with the irons because I remember these fondly and am almost through enough balls to buy some more.

golf balls are hard for me to know if what I am feeling is real or just that day, but I remember absolutely loving this ball off the tee.

this shop mostly apecializes in apparel and custom carts; the only balls I saw available were titleist and Callaway, so worst case I pay the $40 for some sim time and stick with my current balls. I will also take some others I have in the garage: snell mtbx black, prior gen srixon xv, vice pro. They had every chrome soft there and all titleist if I want to look at ERC/AVX.

@oumagic I was custom fit into the CS X LS. We tried about 8 different golf balls. The fitter used a GC Quad for the fitting & their putting green. It was a great experience. I hope yours turns out to be a great experience too!

Back