Off Course Tackles Single Riding Carts

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes a forum member to the show for the first time fresh off their first THP Experience Event.

Untitled-9-1024x692.jpg

Episode 68 is here and Dan and Cody discuss the following topics.

The Mizuno Experience
Single Riding Carts like Finn Scooters
Travel Golfing and Dan’s Hatred of Bermuda Grass
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Continue reading...

Good show @Canadan and @templeton80

Glad you enjoyed your first THP Experience.

THANKS! The event was super fun and exciting. Thanks to @Canadan for inviting me on. That was a little nerve racking especially as my phone was getting low but we made it.

Show?

;)

Excellent show, Riders on the Storm.

cosign on those weak costal soils not holding up to a seasoned hard-pan wedge game.

Fun listen guys! I need to read through the live thread because it sounds like a blast! I also need to get to those courses on my next trip to OIB. As for turf interaction, I have hands of stone and have no idea what you’re talking about. But those scooters sound freaking awesome. There aren’t many places in PA that have them, but I feel a golf trip coming on!

Good show guys!

That Southern marsh humidity though....woof its the worst haha.

It's definitely a "special" experience hahaha
I don't think I've experienced that level that you guys did, but even what I have experienced is so brutal. Rain gloves for me.

Great listen @Canadan and @templeton80. I especially liked the conversation about the scooters.

I'd love for my course to get them but it wouldn't spend the money. A course could start small and have them paid off in a fairly short period. I imagine insurance on them would be high as a giraffe's butt.

Bermuda is easy. If you grew up on it. And no amount of dri-fit material can withstand swamp butt.

The question now is... When??

1628266809269.png1628266829404.png1628266846797.png1628266880832.png

Great listen @Canadan and @templeton80. I especially liked the conversation about the scooters.

I'd love for my course to get them but it wouldn't spend the money. A course could start small and have them paid off in a fairly short period. I imagine insurance on them would be high as a giraffe's butt.

Bermuda is easy. If you grew up on it. And no amount of dri-fit material can withstand swamp butt.

When you rent them. If you do it how it was set up at true blue. There is a very lengthy waiver you sign..

I feel like a celebrity gave me a shout out. Thanks @Canadan 🤣

No doubt. What was the cost for a round?

30 bucks. Not something discussed but, I am not sure I am willing to pay an additional 30/round on top of other course fees every time. I think that needs in form to be encompassed in the standard green and cart fee. I would be willing to pay something extra to ride. I am not sure what that number is. But $30 each time is kinda steep.

is the Finn street legal, like for a golf cart friendly community?

30 bucks. Not something discussed but, I am not sure I am willing to pay an additional 30/round on top of other course fees every time. I think that needs in form to be encompassed in the standard green and cart fee. I would be willing to pay something extra to ride. I am not sure what that number is. But $30 each time is kinda steep.
If that is on top of a green fee that includes the cart, other than a time or two for the novelty, that's a lot to pay.

If that is on top of a green fee that includes the cart, other than a time or two for the novelty, that's a lot to pay.

agreed.

Not technically street legal. But, I seriously doubt with all the ebikes etc out there these days you would ever run into a problem.

To answer the question no. Like a golf cart, turning signals, etc must be in place for them to be street legal. The Finn doesnt currently offer that. As mentioned above, E-Bikes fall into a gray area in that regard, and typical government fashion, they do not have anything in place in this regards as of yet.

I have to say, getting to know @templeton80 at the Mizuno event was awesome, and bringing him on the show to talk about our different golf experiences and takes on the types of grass that are across the country.

Also, it was a thrill to have a THPer on there to hear their story a bit - maybe this is something I should try to do more of.

Back