The Mizuno Experience Contest and Live Update Thread

There was a lot for Team Crawford to overcome... Vosh is a low key, smiling golf monster ... But we all had plenty of fun... and sweated profusely, not because of the competition, but because it was THP Survival - 110 heat index and it seemed like 80% humidity.o_O

There was a lot for Team Crawford to overcome... Vosh is a low key, smiling golf monster ... But we all had plenty of fun... and sweated profusely, not because of the competition, but because it was THP Survival - 110 heat index and it seemed like 80% humidity.o_O

I am almost 100% positive humidity was over 200%..

I needed to get away and talk golf with the "boys." I've worked from home for 8 years and as a social being, I crave being around people. And I can't believe people are more obsessed than I am about golf. That's good in a way. What was my ex-wife complaining about? Have no idea. lol.

I'd never golfed in SC and True Blue and Caledonia are great courses. As Dan said, and James chimed in, True Blue gives you more options. With Caledonia's tight fairways, less options as in you've got to keep it left ... or right. The heat and 200% humidity were a challenge. But lots of towels, gloves, and Powerade/Water made it bearable.

@Stryker Brad, it was great to meet you. And I award you the Valiant Golfer Award. You used intelligence in saving your body for the right swings. Loved your enthusiasm for golf. You can talk golf like no one I've met.

@Jman James, we know how you feel out there and you were always upbeat on the course. You laughed at yourself and I love the dueling sarcasm. it was good to see you again after 5 yrs, and I appreciate your total chillness. Another golfer where ball go far. And you had us laughing with you on the course. Bethpage? Bandon? Give me another year to get my game together and sign me up.

@Jaw2000 Jeff or should I call you Captain Pop? You always have an interesting take and are a great conversationalist. Drive like it's an Indy Course everywhere but then I drive just slightly less madly. You are generous and gracious. A great guy with sarcasm. "Putting for Bird" when I'm only 90 feet away. lol. Let's keep on going. You played well and came through

@templeton80 Cody, we did not get to play together and that's good news for you. I watched your speed and I thought my body would start breaking at the thought of me doing the same. In fact, I felt leg cramps coming on as you must be close to 120 speed. Great guy and sense of humor. Very thoughtful. Enjoyed you. Ball ... go... farrrrrrrrr.

@Candan Dan, so chill. I'd played with you anytime, especially when I get my game back. And I don't say that to everyone. You made the round enjoyable and relaxed. Felt like we could sit back in the cart and drown a few drinks and stay chill. But we need to play on the Finns. My drive down the long fairway on the Finn was great. Made you forget about golf for a few minutes. Loved the quiet sarcasm, the great and friendly attitude, the quiet confidence. And you can hit the ball far.

@Vosh68 and @jcraw311 What can I say. Vosh is like a smiling assassin on the golf course. He will birdie and par and give you that Vosh smile and a fist bump. So consistent and enthusiastic with a great love for the game. I started driving better after watching his setup. And loved his tech talk on the new equipment. And he blew our minds by getting the first Finn, and then wiping out on the first hole, which we did not see, except on video. But it was great seeing how you can have so much fun playing golf. So positive. And Jeff, so chill and even-tempered. Never really got on himself, drove the ball straight and far. Great guy, enjoyed the round with you. Hope we can do it again before I die (and my confidence improves).

@JB It's always fun to see JB. Even more fun to play with him but that did not happen this time. JB is the MC and he lights up when talking about THP, Experiences, the past, the future, and of course, Mizuno. Love the dry sarcasm. Keep it, Bro.

Had a great time.

Last edited:
Okay, took my break. Off to the range for the first time since returning. Play tomorrow at Texas Star. In the Fall, when it cools off, I do have 30% off rack rate coupons if some of us on THP want to get together on a weekend. I will check my source this week.

Okay, took my break. Off to the range for the first time since returning. Play tomorrow at Texas Star. In the Fall, when it cools off, I do have 30% off rack rate coupons if some of us on THP want to get together on a weekend. I will check my source this week.
Texas Star is so much fun and sneaky hard.

I don't want to make this "True Confessions" but throughout my life, I've been an overachiever, at least academically. And I played almost every sport and any intramural sport in college - even played soccer (lol) and was a slow safety (Does that even exist?). Ran half marathons, B-Ball, tennis, baseball, golf ( a little). Was a CPA, 2 law degrees, an MBA and 40 yrs of experience - But effin' golf - took it up again at 40, and once again took it too seriously. I am pretty darn demanding of myself.

What I had last weekend was a refresher course to give myself a break. Golf, as we know, is hard. You can tell yourself to have fun, but you have expectations when putting this much time into the game. Watching @Jman, @Canadanm Brad, Jeff, and Mr. Templeton80, laugh, smile, sweat and have fun, made me recognize again - to laugh, forget the bad, relish the good, chill and just enjoy (and to rent a Finn when possible).

Thanks to all for the reminder - have fun, chill, it's all good.

(PS - and remember, I am on prescriptive pain reduction drugs as I am writing this after a surgery :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Good luck, I’m heading out tomorrow myself.

I don't want to make this "True Confessions" but throughout my life, I've been an overachiever, at least academically. And I played almost every sport and any intramural sport in college - even played soccer (lol) and was a slow safety (Does that even exist?). Ran half marathons, B-Ball, tennis, baseball, golf ( a little). Was a CPA, 2 law degrees, an MBA and 40 yrs of experience - But effin' golf - took it up again at 40, and once again took it too seriously. I am pretty darn demanding of myself.

What I had last weekend was a refresher course to give myself a break. Golf, as we know, is hard. You can tell yourself to have fun, but you have expectations when putting this much time into the game. Watching @Jman, @Canadanm Brad, Jeff, and Mr. Templeton80, laugh, smile, sweat and have fun, made me recognize again - to laugh, forget the bad, relish the good, chill and just enjoy (and to rent a Finn when possible).

(PS - and remember, I am on prescriptive pain reduction drugs as I am writing this after a surgery :ROFLMAO:)

here’s hoping for lots of birdie opportunities!!:)

well said...get well soon

The Fli hi….is like…

Yeah we are going to do this again next year

My guy.

Golf is SO much more fun when you don't take it seriously. let the good shots get in the way of an already great time.

Back