Review Super Stroke WristLock Grip Review

Another area that I haven't mentioned is that I am a big fan of the shape of the grip.

The grip is flat on the side with my right hand. I really like the flat side, as you can see in the above close-up picture of post 102, I extend both of my index fingers. I feel like this setup gives me a ton of stability and less head movement.

For me, I would say I am using more as a mid-arm lock or as you stated a short-arm lock. My full arm lock putter goes up to just below my elbow bend and this grip closer to my lower forearm.

I wear a watch at my wrist and just didn't feel comfortable unless the knob section of the grip was above the strap. I think this grip has a couple of different ways to use. As some have suggested, you could place the knob in the wrist and in essence not "lock" the putter. This will still keep your wrists more in play, but the knob would be a "muscle reminder" of it you got too much play in your wrists as the knob would separate and you would feel that. The other option is to really lock the grip in the arm with the knob pushing against your arm, but as you can see the putter head and possibly length would need some adjustments to get the best setup.
Yea and I'm all for people crafting different ways to utilize something, but to me based of of the SS picture and seeing bbutler, it just seems like it's kind of "sub-optimal" marketing. I don't really see the intended use based off of their picture as being a "lock" in the sense of how an "arm-lock" works with a ton of forward press. I'm gonna wait to fully hold my opinion until I get mine, but I just don't see how you can forward press into your wrist. Like...your wrist is a hinge? It's pretty difficult to lock something into a hinge...it's kind of the exact opposite of what a "hinge" is trying to do haha. I can grip down and mimic that with my current putter and just feels impossible.

Yea and see I think your wrist in that picture looks exactly like the picture on the SS site, so I think this is the intended use. Remind me again on your putter? You didnt' extend it at all right?

So because the grip goes further up your arm, it is in theory shortening the putter right? or is the grip installed in such a way that it compensates for that additional length, where there's like some sort of internal spacer so you can't put the grip all the way down to the shaft? I'm struggling to explain what I mean, but hopefully that made some sort of sense.
35” spider x. No mods other than switching grips

Another area that I haven't mentioned is that I am a big fan of the shape of the grip.

The grip is flat on the side with my right hand. I really like the flat side, as you can see in the above close-up picture of post 102, I extend both of my index fingers. I feel like this setup gives me a ton of stability and less head movement.
Agree with liking shape of grip. Very happy with this set up.

1st full round 30 putts. Not great but not bad on freshly aerated greens. Only 1 3 putt most 2nd putts were all inside 2ft most inside a foot.

Man, not only is the weather outside hot, but the Wrist Lock was hot yesterday. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I have to say the more a player gets comfortable with this type of grip and putter stroke, the more I believe their putting will improve.

I had a very nice putting day with no 3 putts and SIX one-putts. A total of 30 putts which I will take every round.

This weekend I am taking my son, who is a really high handicap and beginning player to test how the grip can help his putting. Should be fun to hear his thoughts.

Man, not only is the weather outside hot, but the Wrist Lock was hot yesterday. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I have to say the more a player gets comfortable with this type of grip and putter stroke, the more I believe their putting will improve.

I had a very nice putting day with no 3 putts and SIX one-putts. A total of 30 putts which I will take every round.

This weekend I am taking my son, who is a really high handicap and beginning player to test how the grip can help his putting. Should be fun to hear his thoughts.

Between your reviews and @DannyLe using one at Whistling, I think I am going to dive in and put one together.

@JB I know you can't test in the Tech Studio, but you should look into a little extension and the degrees for the putter head if using as like a mid-arm lock.

I don't think any of us testing did that and I bet the numbers would be even better if done.

@JB I know you can't test in the Tech Studio, but you should look into a little extension and the degrees for the putter head if using as like a mid-arm lock.

I don't think any of us testing did that and I bet the numbers would be even better if done.

I can test in the tech studio. GCQuad measures putting and we have a loft and lie putter machine here as well.

Last round I put my armlock back into play to see how I would feel about it after using this one as the mini armlock for the last 5 rounds or so. I do think overall I prefer the full armlock. It gives me a bit more stability and confidence. Having said that, I think if I got a slightly longer putter and put this one on it, it would be very similar. Still maintain what I said a few weeks ago, if someone wants the feeling of the arm lock but doesn't want to go all the way, having a putter that is an inch or 2 longer than normal, and putting this one on it and using it as a mini would be awesome I think. I may do it over the winter as an experiment.

The feedback on this thread has me interested in trying it.

I received mine today! Pumped to get it on and try it. I do have one observation already though almost immediately, and this was a question I've continued to ponder.

I see no possible way you can use this and not effect your normal putting stroke unless you already had choked down on the grip previously as part of your normal putting stroke.

I thought there might be a stopper inside that effectively makes it sit 1"-1 1/2" above the end of the putting shaft, so you don't lose any shaft length, but that is not the case. And I'd say this is even more specific if you've actually been fit for a putter, it's impossible to even attempt to use the wristlock feature without gripping down an inch to an 1 1/2" which is effectively changing not only your stance because of the shaft length but really the swing weight a snidge as well.

I bought a putter 1 1/2" longer because I thought this was going to be the case. So I'll be putting this on a cheap ol' Pinemeadow Site 4 mallet style putter.

I received mine today! Pumped to get it on and try it. I do have one observation already though almost immediately, and this was a question I've continued to ponder.

I see no possible way you can use this and not effect your normal putting stroke unless you already had choked down on the grip previously as part of your normal putting stroke.

I thought there might be a stopper inside that effectively makes it sit 1"-1 1/2" above the end of the putting shaft, so you don't lose any shaft length, but that is not the case. And I'd say this is even more specific if you've actually been fit for a putter, it's impossible to even attempt to use the wristlock feature without gripping down an inch to an 1 1/2" which is effectively changing not only your stance because of the shaft length but really the swing weight a snidge as well.

I bought a putter 1 1/2" longer because I thought this was going to be the case. So I'll be putting this on a cheap ol' Pinemeadow Site 4 mallet style putter.

It's actually pretty easy to extend your existing putter shaft by 1.5". All you need is shaft extender of the right diameter (0.58" or 0.60"), a Sharpie to mark the spot, and a tubing cutter. I wouldn't add that much on a full swing club, but it wouldn't matter on a putter, other than some change to swingweight, which might not be noticeable.

It's how I added an inch to my current putter.

It's actually pretty easy to extend your existing putter shaft by 1.5". All you need is shaft extender of the right diameter (0.58" or 0.60"), a Sharpie to mark the spot, and a tubing cutter. I wouldn't add that much on a full swing club, but it wouldn't matter on a putter, other than some change to swingweight, which might not be noticeable.

It's how I added an inch to my current putter.
Yea you can absolutely use a shaft adapter. I wasn't suggesting you had to buy a new putter. But I am suggesting that the claim from SS that you don't need to increase your shaft length is sort of misleading.

But I do think your shaft should be extended by about an 1 1/2" if you want to keep your same exact setup to the ball you have today if you plan to use it like bbutler up above.

If you plan to use it as a mid-armlock I think you'd need to extend your shaft by a whole lot more.

I got mine installed, put my 50g superstroke weight in that I already had, arccos sensor installed and she's good to go. Putting around on the carpet it feels great. It's definitely not a dramatic lock by any means, but I plan to use it similar to how bbutler uses it up above where it's more of a very subtle lock, putting on my watch band eliminate a snidge of my rotational movement which is good, but it definitely is so far more of a clean way to get feedback on you are gripping your club consistently and cleanly in the same spot. Like a feedback wrist bump.

I plan to mess with a little forward press at some point to, in order to lock in it a bit more, but as of right now I'm gonna try the bbutler method.

Is this video super stroke now has new? https://superstrokeusa.com/shop/wristlock-putter-grip/ I was just blabbing about their intended purpose the other day, and now they have a video absolutely showing it. They actually show it as a mid arm lock and as "wrist lock". The way in which he is getting wrist lock though...I don't get it. I'd have to play the ball off the front of my foot in order to get that kind of lock, or REALLY press into it which I think is disasterous for loft and such. I can play the ball at the front of my foot and get the lock they show in their video, but no way I can do that same thing middle of the stance. Very interesting video though.

FWIW I have a pretty heavy shaft lean AND a cross grip and I love how the wrist-lock feels. Like an arm lock where you don’t necessarily have to be on top of the ball (although I do like that).

Cool to see a bunch of new faces in here interested in trying this! I still can't figure out a comfortable way to use this fully tucked into my wrist, but I'm still all in on using it as an oversized grip with an extra reminder feature to keep the wrists out.

Will be playing Sunday and sharing more feedback after that.

So, played yesterday and I asked my son to use the Wrist Lock for the round. See his thoughts.

He is brand new to golf this year and barely breaks 100 on most rounds. But, oh to be young, he can still hit that drive like close to 300 the one out of 10 he connects.

He felt the putter was too short for him. He felt he had to chock up too much and bend over too far to get comfortable. He liked how the grip helped him stabilize the putter head, but he continuously had issues lining up correctly. He thought the grip itself felt comfortable and he did putt well for the round, but in the end he didn’t feel he could get comfortable using on a permanent basis.

Now, he is 5’10” to my 5’6”, so my 33” putter was never going to fit him properly. That was a given going in. However, I wanted to get a fair review from someone just starting out to see if one that wasn’t used to the different putter grips could just use the wrist lock and adjust quickly.

I played yesterday and got another round in with the Wrist Lock grip. I don't think I'd really change any of my feedback so far with it, I just like it. I made a couple mid length putts that I'm not sure I would have kept on line as well with a conventional grip. My tendency on long putts is to be short with this, but I'm getting better. As others have said, the position of the knob really helps me take a consistent grip as far a location on the grip itself, which is helping from a consistency of contact and roll standpoint. I can't rationalize the significant forward press of a full wrist lock, but used this way I'm a big fan.

Played a round this weekend really enjoy this grip. Putts easy to keep online not sure which I like best the knob anchored just above the pads of my left hand or square shape of grip.

Between your reviews and @DannyLe using one at Whistling, I think I am going to dive in and put one together.
What putter are you thinking of using? Will you stay same length or go longer?

@bbutler - You're using just kind of regular baseball style grip correct? I looked at the one picture you got, and I think I got that right, but I'm struggling to find a comfortable grip with this.

@bbutler - You're using just kind of regular baseball style grip correct? I looked at the one picture you got, and I think I got that right, but I'm struggling to find a comfortable grip with this.
Grip runs through the palm of my left hand.
then right hand comes down on other square side of grip little finger of right hand over laps index finger of left hand. Fairly similar to a reg grip other than grip is in palm of left hand not the fingers. 3B20A991-5ED3-4616-BA98-2DB3CFF3D489.jpeg

What putter are you thinking of using? Will you stay same length or go longer?

Go longer. Got a prototype shaft in to put into either my Sacks Parente or Odyssey #7

Back