JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a million golf training aids out there on the market, most with a catchy advertisement that explains how using it will turn you into an amazing golfer. Do you use any of them? If so, which ones?

do-you-training-aid-2-1024x692.png

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently not, I’ve tried in the past but find them usually too much a hassle to keep using.

I have used the Super Speed system. I still keep the sticks in my bag to warm up if I don’t have time or the course doesn’t have a range.

While I am not sure they qualify as a training aid, I have started using align sticks at the range.

I have an Orange Whip and the Visio putting mirror and gate pack. I’ve been thinking about adding a putter laser.

ETA: Max Swingspeed trainer, but I haven’t used it in a while.

I dabble with a few, but not consistently stick to one.

The Watson hanger.
I also bought an elbow brace from amazon to see if it could help me to keep my lead arm from bending on the downswing.

I use alignment sticks on the range. I have an orange whip but haven’t used it in awhile.

I've got a putting mat and a synthetic turf hitting mat. Don't know if they count. Other than that I don't see myself using anything else for the moment.

Just an Orange Whip to loosen up and to feel a proper rhythm and release.

I have two.

Old school speed stik.

And a velcro arm strap thing for connection.

Yes if count alignment sticks. Otherwise no.

My golf coach has one of those pressure mats where you can see your weight shift in real time and sync it up with video. If I were wealthy I would own one of those and probably use it a good bit. It has been very informative in some of my lessons the past few years. But they are like thousands of dollars, professional teaching tools not consumer gadgets.

I do. I use an orange whip and I also have started using an LC-1 compressor.

I’ve got an orange whip, putt out, and Tour Striker ball.

The orange whip is really used to just help stretch out and loosen up.

My superstar at the moment is definitely the Tour Striker ball primarily because it is really doing a good job correcting some of my current swing flaws.

Self-Proclaimed King of Training Aids.

These Help Me ...

Impact ball
alignment sticks
Towel or glove under lead arm
Pelz Putting Tutor
Putt Out Putting Mirror and Indoor Mat and Gate
VC SC200

Video - setting up LiveStream

Haven't decided

Orange Whip - although I use it for stretching and warming up.
Down Under Board - this is more questionable for me.
Tour Stryker - been in the garage for 5+ years.

And the one that helps me most for my issue? Towel or glove under the arm.o_O

Last edited:
I’ve got alignment sticks I use to help warm up. And I’ve had stuff I’ve used in the past, but I have recently gotten into filming my swing to share with my coach when I need it

I do. I use an orange whip and I also have started using an LC-1 compressor.

Tell me more about the LC-1… I’ve seen the bands and debated on whether there’s another tool to help with preventing arm separation on the downswing. That’s primarily what we’re using the tour striker ball for…

Tell me more about the LC-1… I’ve seen the bands and debated on whether there’s another tool to help with preventing arm separation on the downswing. That’s primarily what we’re using the tour striker ball for…
This addresses that same thing, but since it’s got a spring in it, it gives me more feedback to if I’m staying connected. I have to hear the spring compress and that’s a great feedback, plus, being a spring if you start to separate it will accelerate the rate it happens with the force from the spring uncompressing and give even more feedback to where and when the breakdown is.

I have bought a few but don’t use them very often.

Forgot one, the MISIG.

I use an orange whip regularly. I have an Impact Snap I rarely use. I have a mirror and gate I sometimes use for putting practice. I just got rid of a large indoor putting mat. I don't think that translated well for me. I might go back to something like a puttout that has clearer training uses.

Putting mirror and pendulum rod are really the only two I use. Pretty much just use those when my putting goes awry and I need a reset.

Also use a Gold Flex (generic Orange Whip) sometimes. Need to get back into the routine of using it more.

Putting mirror and pendulum rod are really the only two I use. Pretty much just use those when my putting goes awry and I need a reset.
Oh, I forgot about that because I haven't had it out lately.

I do have a putting mirror. It's not often my putting gets messed up but when it does the mirror gets me back to my good setup.

No so much. I do use a Kallassy Swing Club to help with warm ups, flexibility.

I also use acouple of metal yard sticks for alignment, and spacing purposes.

I did build a couple of my own aids. One for hitting off synthetic turf to simulate shallow divots. The other involving bungie cords, and pvc pipe for body alignments. Hips, knees, and shoulders.

Im just to skeptical to be interested some of products that show up.

I have:

Orange Whip
Putting Mirror
Putting Mat
Impact Ball
Two elastic connection training aids - one goes around both arms, the other around the chest with a loop for one arm.

I don’t really use any of them. Sometimes I’ll work with the orange whip to work on tempo.

I have a power package(worst name in golf) and the Watson hangar.

Back