Shaft Up #3 Contest and Live Update Thread with UST Mamiya

Awesome job to everyone involved. The Shaft Up Experiences during 2021 were all amazing. The courses, the fittings with @DannyLe , the swag!

Great stuff THP!

Way to go @BuckNasty and @mancest! Sounds like an incredible experience. Don't know how he does it, but @BuckNasty can win anytime, anywhere...unbelievable!

WITB
Mizuno ST-X 12 lofted down to 10
Helium “next gen” 4F4 at 47”
TaylorMade 300 mini driver w/ LINQ blue 6F4
TaylorMade sim max 3 hybrid LINQ 85 F4 hybrid
Srixon ZX Utility 4-23 Recoil “?”
Mizuno JPX 921 HMP 5-PW Recoil “?”
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw 52
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw Full Face 58
Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Line Armlock “proto putter shaft”

WITB
Mizuno ST-X 12 lofted down to 10
Helium “next gen” 4F4 at 47”
TaylorMade 300 mini driver w/ LINQ blue 6F4
TaylorMade sim max 3 hybrid LINQ 85 F4 hybrid
Srixon ZX Utility 4-23 Recoil “?”
Mizuno JPX 921 HMP 5-PW Recoil “?”
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw 52
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw Full Face 58
Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Line Armlock “proto putter shaft”

Recoil "?" Where do we get those???? --- Internet golfers :ROFLMAO:

For those curious, my WITB was the same as my Signature (which not sure how visible that is anymore) except for driver obviously:

D: Mizuno STZ 10.5 (+2) w/ UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F4
4/7W: Taylormade Sim MaxD 16/22* w/ TruSpec 65S
5H: Callaway Apex 24* w/EvenFlow Black 85S
5-AW: Taylormade P770 w/NS-Pro 950S
SW: Cleveland CBX Full face 56* w/ Dynamic gold 115
LW: Cleveland Zip Core 60* w/DG Spinner
Putter: Swag Savage Too
Ball: Srixon Z-Star

kind of an interesting setup at the top, but gapping wise it has worked out well, although I don't think I pulled the 4W out of the bag once the entire weekend. Honestly think I need to find a UST Shaft that might help me out there, but I could say that about a few clubs in the bag.

WITB Signature has been updated with the new driver combo dialed in by @DannyLe

While we grabbed some drinks between fitting and playing the straits on Monday we were told that this would be the home base for the US Team during the Ryder cup.

So I think this is the locker room they will be using:

73C10C0D-B145-4C19-8773-BD33722E328B.jpeg

A8C134EA-E714-4BFA-A93F-25F74F2826DA.jpeg
Very cool place and I can imagine some discussions happening in the locker room and in the bar it is next too.

So first two rounds in with the new Mizuno/Helium Black combo. First round was, well not good, but not because of the club. My back was stiff as heck and I was missing everything right, Driver to wedges, no turn = poopy golf.

Sunday.... different story. Back wasn't perfect and my distances were down a few yards throughout the bag but: Did not miss one driver left, no penalty strokes off the tee and despite blading a wedge into a hazard from 100 yards and making a double I shot my course index.

Get the back at least decent, look out. This thing is going to be a weapon for me.

So first two rounds in with the new Mizuno/Helium Black combo. First round was, well not good, but not because of the club. My back was stiff as heck and I was missing everything right, Driver to wedges, no turn = poopy golf.

Sunday.... different story. Back wasn't perfect and my distances were down a few yards throughout the bag but: Did not miss one driver left, no penalty strokes off the tee and despite blading a wedge into a hazard from 100 yards and making a double I shot my course index.

Get the back at least decent, look out. This thing is going to be a weapon for me.
That’s awesome. I know that is the miss you fight and we saw you darn dialed in off the tee

That’s awesome. I know that is the miss you fight and we saw you darn dialed in off the tee

Yeah, it was similar to how I hit it at Whistling. When I was swinging well (like most of the day at the straits) it went long and pretty straight with a slight cut, when I missed I flared it out to the right. Much more playable than a low hook that starts left and just keeps going left.

While we grabbed some drinks between fitting and playing the straits on Monday we were told that this would be the home base for the US Team during the Ryder cup.

So I think this is the locker room they will be using:

View attachment 9021908

View attachment 9021909
Very cool place and I can imagine some discussions happening in the locker room and in the bar it is next too.
Not quite the bathroom pics I was hoping for, but this will do.

Not quite the bathroom pics I was hoping for, but this will do.

Like Mick Jagger said, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.....

I need to start up a new thread reviewing the Helium Black. What this shaft does in this weight class is crazy. It weighs 7g more than the Autoflex I was previously using, but is so much more stable yet is giving me great launch numbers.

Plus it looks cool as hell.

Had my first round of golf today since Shaft up #3 and I hit 8 of 14 fairways, and of the 6 that missed I had 4 that were 1-3 yards into the rough. To put that in perspective, I have been averaging about 3/14 fairways for the past 2 years or so (driver play has been rough for me). I still have some work to do on my swing and gaining some of the yardage back I had 2-3 years ago, but its incredibly satisfying to know I’m able to keep the ball mostly in play now and give myself the ability to reach more GIR.

Who won this contest? 😀

Back