Sacks Parente Series 66 Putter Review

Nice write up @Jman. I love the tech in these would love to try one out sometime

Looking forward to your feedback
Just on the carpet with a chrome soft and 10 putts I’m impressed. The grip is... I don’t even know how to describe it other than it complements the feel and weight REALLY nice. The putter feels heavier than it actually is and I like it. We’ll see if it knocks the mallet out.

I have a few nice putters in the stable now and I’ve always felt more comfortable with heavier mallets and gravitate back to them. I reviewed the Indi Ramone for THP last year and loved how large the sweet spot was, and for my game at the time it was a big plus, but always felt a little lighter that I wanted.
In comes the Series 66 with this swagger and just absolutely stunning and slightly over the top looks. I rolled some putts in the house with it, and to be honest, it feels heavy and at 360 grams it should. But it feels right. The insert feels surprisingly similar to and old White Hot but with a touch more crispness to it... and I love it.
I took it out Friday for a round and after using a Two Thumbs grip almost exclusively for the better part of a year, it did take a bit to get used to the slim grip and no longer using a prayer style grip. I can’t say it helped me, but it sure didn't hurt a bit. The grip complements the head and shaft perfectly and while soft, you can really feel the putter both through the stroke and as you make contact with the ball.
I’ve come to learn that I like the aesthetics of a milled putter but the feel of a soft insert, and this putter really gives me the best of both worlds plus all that flash with its unique styling. I just wish my putting game looked as good as this instrument does. @Canadan I think I found my mallet alternative!

Took this putter to Disney with me over the weekend and had a GREAT putting round. I didn't keep track of any stats this round, but I do know it was the least amount of 3 putts and most comfortable I've felt on the greens this year. The shaft feels really weird and has a good amount of flex in it when you're flopping it around. While putting I didn't notice the added flex at all. Center hits feel great and pure. It's not as forgiving as my Indi Ramone, but it is heavier in the same shape. I got some really good compliments on it. Only thing I would change is the grip size. My hands were starting to cramp up at the end of the round from being a little dehydrated and lack of potassium. I usually play a big grip and the stock skinny grip will be something I have to get used to.

Reactions: JB
Used this all week long at Lost Dunes and while the greens were tough, I think this is going to stay in the bag for a while.

Consistent roll, great look and it just feels right.

Used this all week long at Lost Dunes and while the greens were tough, I think this is going to stay in the bag for a while.

Consistent roll, great look and it just feels right.
It’s heading into the bag full time after todays practice session.

Had the 66 out today for a long overdue round (shoulder, back, other shoulder, getting old pains) today for 18. Greens were terrible from one to the next and no two rolled the same so it was rough. I dis manage to pull off 22’ and 30’ putts.

This putter is not forgiving on the few off center hits I had with it. But when you putt like your supposed to, man if feels absolutely astonishing! Right now, the words cold dead hands are how I feel about it.

It’s heading into the bag full time after todays practice session.
That was the super light putter, right? That didn't make any strikes feel odd at all?

That was the super light putter, right? That didn't make any strikes feel odd at all?
It weighs 360 grams so it’s pretty heavy for a blade. The shaft is light at about 38 grams for a 35” shaft compared to 120 grams for a steel shaft. It’s a composite shaft and flexes like a stiff driver shaft, but I haven’t noticed it while putting.

I continue to really like this putter. For now it is staying my gamer.

It is also quite the conversation piece on the course as so many ask about it.

You guys are making it difficult to not just pull the trigger. The only thing that holds me back is the price tag without being able to try it first.

Which grip are you guys using on your Series 66?

Im using the standard on mine that came with it. Its very light weight and I am a believer in the ULBP tech.

Im using the standard on mine that came with it. Its very light weight and I am a believer in the ULBP tech.
I'm listening to the Off Course course episode with Sacks Parente and the ULBP makes perfect sense and seems legit.

The weight allows you to fully feel the head throughout the path and know exactly that you have a good putt going. its crazy how good it feels rolling putts.

made me get out the 66 and do some conference call putting.

IMG_20211013_152835.jpg

Same as JB. It’s softer and smaller than what I normally use but it flat out works.

I remember reading the first article about these here and scoffed at the whole “putting instrument” thing and still get a little chuckle out of it, but I do understand why they call it that. Either way, the entire setup looks almost off and gimmicky, but it all works.

Reactions: KEV
You guys are making it difficult to not just pull the trigger. The only thing that holds me back is the price tag without being able to try it first.
Soooo you have one yet...

Soooo you have one yet...
Not yet but it's a really hard ponder. It's such a unique looking putter and I'm really interested in the tech. I just need to get over the price.

Not yet but it's a really hard ponder. It's such a unique looking putter and I'm really interested in the tech. I just need to get over the price.
I’m with you there. I really wish I would have jumped in last year when they had their sale

AA65DA5A-7138-4FF5-B5E2-533B0DF1C13B.jpeg78EC9BEC-6268-40C8-8202-5782344DEACC.jpegB0E1BABA-390C-4D44-BE75-7430021928DC.jpegF25C03FD-C773-419A-98A7-37742F3235C4.jpegA2BDAECB-5183-430E-BB53-CC95E133AF20.jpegE6947C8D-59F4-495A-8094-930E5CC30D26.jpeg7DE22816-1397-43AE-A076-5CF10232CAD3.jpeg

I tried @billyh Series 66 putter on Sunday! This thing will confuse you, but in a good way. The blade length and size is very substantial. And, when you pick the putter up, it feels extremely heavy headed. The ULBP shaft is so soft! But, when you put the putter behind the ball, it feels almost weightless. It will mess with your mind the first time you use it. There is some definite merit to the tech in this putter.

Back