ACCRA Tour Z RPG and Tour Z RPG Tour Shafts Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The ACCRA name is one synonymous with not just quality, but immense fitting versatility. With their RPG, Tour Z, and FX lineups (not to mention all of the iron shaft options) they have a breadth that high end fitters love with seemingly endless fine tuning possible.

While the TZ5 and TZ6 shafts are still very much continuing their trend of popularity for golfers across the spectrum, 2021 marks the introduction of two new shafts into their arsenal. Both the ACCRA Tour Z RPG and Tour Z RPG Tour look to take things to a new level in quality, materials, and of course performance. We wanted to take a little dive into what ACCRA is up to, with a specific focus on the Tour Gold. Read on for more.

Continue reading...

RPG Gold looks stunning!!!! Admittedly tho seems like it might be a touch too stout for me

Both options are #1 on my pondering list......

Great write up as always @Jman! One of these days I'm going to go for a full fitting somewhere with loads of shaft options to see if I can start to figure out the feel of load, kickpoint, etc. I'm so intrigued by it and envy those who can describe them :LOL:

Great write up @Jman as always. I play the Acura TZ6 in my driver and really love his performance. Is it going away and being replaced by the Tour Z RPG? I’d be curious of the differences between the Accra TZ5/6 and the new Tour Z RPG in the new lineup.

I agree that gold looks awesome in the tour but you have to be a behemoth to hit that thing and still have some energy left for back nine. Thanks again.

• Staff
Great write up @Jman as always. I play the Acura TZ6 in my driver and really love his performance. Is it going away and being replaced by the Tour Z RPG? I’d be curious of the differences between the Accra TZ5/6 and the new Tour Z RPG in the new lineup.

I agree that gold looks awesome in the tour but you have to be a behemoth to hit that thing and still have some energy left for back nine. Thanks again.
It’s not being replaced, this is yet another option in their fitting arsenal.

Great write up. I have some Accra shafts in PXG irons and love them and will surely consider their products in other clubs especially driver or fairway woods. At least with the iron shafts ( I am a senior and use a pretty soft flex these days) they got similar distance as other top shafts tested but gave by far the most consistent ball flight and dispersion.

I’m going to give one of them a try my next round out.

• Staff
I’m going to give one of them a try my next round out.
I really look forward to what you think!

• Staff
Great write up. I have some Accra shafts in PXG irons and love them and will surely consider their products in other clubs especially driver or fairway woods. At least with the iron shafts ( I am a senior and use a pretty soft flex these days) they got similar distance as other top shafts tested but gave by far the most consistent ball flight and dispersion.
Thank you! Nice think about ACCRA is they’ve got a weight and flex for everyone, and then some.

Great write up @jman ! Tour Z RPG Tour shaft does sound a touch redundant.

It’s not being replaced, this is yet another option in their fitting arsenal.

I like when companies do this. It can make their catalog big but a good shaft is a good shaft forever.

graphite design takes this approach. They don’t seem to really retire product. Just build off it and keep going.

Thank you!

How so?

Not redundant in not needed...redundant in name only. Like ATM machine is actually automatic teller machine machine. I'm just referencing the fact it has the word "Tour" twice in the name.

Reactions: JB
I saw on TXG's story the other day that the Tour Gold is one of the most stout shafts they've ever tested. love the looks of it but if TXG is saying that, then it scares me to try one blindly

Might go for the standard Tour Z RPG LBP

I saw on TXG's story the other day that the Tour Gold is one of the most stout shafts they've ever tested. love the looks of it but if TXG is saying that, then it scares me to try one blindly

Might go for the standard Tour Z RPG LBP
I mean….I said that too…….before them…..

@Jman I know you've been busy with the awesome Mizuno experience but do you have any more experience with the shafts? My extra golf bags are currently empty and lonely.... after a recent clear out Im looking to add more shafts to the bin!

@Jman I know you've been busy with the awesome Mizuno experience but do you have any more experience with the shafts? My extra golf bags are currently empty and lonely.... after a recent clear out Im looking to add more shafts to the bin!
Beyond the review you mean?

Beyond the review you mean?
yes beyond review... review was great and very informative

just curious if you've hit it at all beyond the initial review

Tour Z RPG 362 LBP M5 ordered!! Hopefully have it by the weekend

I still really want the RPG Tour Gold but it sounds like too much of a shaft to gamble on without hitting it first

took a couple extra days but the Tour Z RPG low balance is waiting for me at home! heading straight to range to test against Tensei Pro Orange, KBS TD, and Ventus Black

Reactions: MH
I have one of these with a Cobra tip curing right now. Going to get out on Friday.

I have one of these with a Cobra tip curing right now. Going to get out on Friday.
what model did you go with? Hitting my new low balance one later today

what model did you go with? Hitting my new low balance one later today

We have each, but I went with non tour for this one with lower balance point but put tips on both non tours.

We have each, but I went with non tour for this one with lower balance point but put tips on both non tours.
Tour looks awesome but probably too much for me

I'm very curious on the higher balance non tour but I know the lower balance is typically a better fit

Ok way too early review after one session but I don’t think this will be a fit for me.

I have 2 different PXG heads that I’ll mess around with and extra weights to dial in hopefully. Right now both drivers have the heavy weight forward

Tour Z RPG 362 m5 LBP. Feels super smooth but also extremely light. I played the previous tour z rpg (blue) and tz5. Both of those shafts felt much more stable, stiffer, and heavier in the 60g range

compared to KBS TD, Ventus Black, and Tensei Pro Orange, my launch monitor showed all four shafts launching in the same window. However the Accra had the highest peak height and landing angle leading me to believe it was a bit spinny

I was in a hurry to pick up my son so data was minimal and rushed. I’m definitely gaming it Saturday to see how it works with real balls at my home course

2938D556-FCF1-4328-8D75-F82955AE3CF4.jpeg

Back