Review Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor Review

Android version they said should be ready before the years end. Looks interesting!

Great review and at $500
I see myself posting on the pondering thread..

I really would consider but as a club maker who has evaluated these readings it lost me on the key variable spin. Got to figure I can go to a professional fitter pay 50 bucks 10 times to get clubs honed in with that or less often. If competitors come out this will also drop in price and then might consider more.,

My interest is peaked with this device after the excellent review by @ddec. I do not have the space for an indoor hitting setup, but after some recent (and soon to be completed) backyard renovations, I do have a large concrete pad that I can set up one heck of a hitting area and net in. This may be at the top of my Christmas wish list, because it sounds perfect for that type of setup when I am just looking to get some work in at the house and want some numbers to track results.

Great info Dean. This is at the top of my ponder list

IOS only is a dealbreaker for me. Dumb that any tech limits themselves to only one platform. Seems good enough for practice. Anyone using it for fitting would need spin numbers. The shot tracer look is pretty cool.

@ddec I know you said you didn't hit it in a net, but do you have any plans on it in the future? That's the big part that I'm interested in. Thanks!

Great review @ddec. I’ve wanted to go in on a GC2 for a while, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon. This looks to be the ticket to hold me over a couple years to save up and have the space in the house for the GC2.

I went ahead and ordered this on Budget golf, as the coupon code worked and made this even more enticing!

@ddec great review.
It appears that, even if we relocate, we'll still have year around golf so I won't need a home sim setup after all.
That said, this system seems to provide quite a bit of value. With Mrs Duffer spending even more time at the range than I do maybe I can convince Santa to put one under the tree.

This is available as a prime day deal for $399.99.

The Prime day deal had me investigating this. I just not sure personal launch monitors are there yet, for me. I think I'd want to get reliable spin numbers for my own testing purposes like shaft changes etc. I think a few more years will have that option.

Thread revival - any new thoughts on the Rapsodo?

Finally picked one up today and only got in about 10 swings. Only charged it for 10 minutes on my way to the range but appeared to have enough juice to work right out of the box

I don’t have initial thoughts yet but one potential problem I’m seeing after today is my iPhone was overheating from the screen facing directly in the sun. After my 7th ball I saw the message on my phone about IPhone getting too hot

Finally picked one up today and only got in about 10 swings. Only charged it for 10 minutes on my way to the range but appeared to have enough juice to work right out of the box

I don’t have initial thoughts yet but one potential problem I’m seeing after today is my iPhone was overheating from the screen facing directly in the sun. After my 7th ball I saw the message on my phone about IPhone getting too hot
Even up here in New England, my iPad usually overheats and the Rapsodo turns off the live video to conserve energy due to the heat. Anything over 80 I don't take it out to the range. I have used an umbrella to counter this. I find it's accuracy goes down in the heat. Normally it misses about 2-3 per 100 shots. When it is warm (lately this summer) it misses about 10 shots per 100.

My biggest complaint is that the company advertised that they would have Android support by last December. After that date came and went the only thing their customer support will say is that they were delayed by Covid and are working on it. There are some angry posts out there from people who got these as Christmas presents planning to use them with their Android phones who still can't use them 8 months later and can't get an update from the company as to planned timing. Those who have tried to ask on social media have gotten blocked on those platforms. That is terrible customer service.

Even up here in New England, my iPad usually overheats and the Rapsodo turns off the live video to conserve energy due to the heat. Anything over 80 I don't take it out to the range. I have used an umbrella to counter this. I find it's accuracy goes down in the heat. Normally it misses about 2-3 per 100 shots. When it is warm (lately this summer) it misses about 10 shots per 100.
Great feedback, thank you!

I thought I did enough research and the majority of reviews on the Rapsodo say it is the best personal launch monitor for the money. I'll definitely give it another try but if this device is unusable during the summer bc of heat then I'll be returning it. Hopefully thats not the case bc I used my $100 rewards credit at Dicks / Golf Galaxy which would now be forfeited

Great feedback, thank you!

I thought I did enough research and the majority of reviews on the Rapsodo say it is the best personal launch monitor for the money. I'll definitely give it another try but if this device is unusable during the summer bc of heat then I'll be returning it. Hopefully thats not the case bc I used my $100 rewards credit at Dicks / Golf Galaxy which would now be forfeited
I think the new Voice Caddie SC300i is a better device having used them side by side.

I think the new Voice Caddie SC300i is a better device having used them side by side.
What in particular did you like more about the SC300i?

Just re read the initial review and whole thread. Pretty convinced already ill be returning the Rapsodo. What initially turned me off the past year about Rapsodo was needing to use my phone for it but ultimately I valued the ease of filming my swing. I totally forgot the 300i has the feature of swing recording

What in particular did you like more about the SC300i?

Just re read the initial review and whole thread. Pretty convinced already ill be returning the Rapsodo. What initially turned me off the past year about Rapsodo was needing to use my phone for it but ultimately I valued the ease of filming my swing. I totally forgot the 300i has the feature of swing recording
Its simple to use and pretty darn accurate.

Really enjoyed this always love seeing a device meet claims.
Exactly, well put. A device that delivers on its promises, at a price that is more affordable and can be in many more players hands. I’d love to do some testing of this. I’d likely put a net return on the basement and get to work. Oh no, that’s lead to buying a bunch of shaft related equipment, shafts, pullers, etc. I’ve already been through that, the self building equipment and the basement/garage range. At least I’d know what I’m up against!

now I’ll need to look at the Sc300i

Last edited:
I am one of the disgruntled Android owners who just wants an honest answer as to when Android devices will be supported. I have both the Skytrak and the MLM from them. I'm happy with the Skytrak in my virtual range in my garage but the MLM was going to be for the nights when I went to the local range to work on ball flights. The fact that it is sitting unused is frustrating. The SC300i is starting to sound much more appealing or maybe I sell both devices and get the Foresight / Bushnell device that's supposed to release at some point.

Back