Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Mentioned in another thread that I couldn't rind these in any colors yesterday at my local golf center. Three weeks ago they had at least twelve dozen of colors. Now it's white only

yes & it was the shortest of all the balls in the testing group & shorter than the B-RX. The Tour BRX ball is a great ball, I like it a lot.

Wow, you might want to check that. I played the Tour B RX for a year or more and finally left it for the Maxfli Tour, which I played all of last year, and the Maxfli Tour was longer on all the clubs than the RX; however, I tried the e12 Contact on a whim and found it to be longer than the Maxfli Tour. I have been playing the e12 Contact for the last 8 rounds and really like it. Definitely the longest ball that I've played. Just a little concerned about the spin on approach shots, but I've adjusted to it pretty well.

Putting is reliable and I've adapted to the distance control with it so I can manage that pretty well.

Wow, you might want to check that. I played the Tour B RX for a year or more and finally left it for the Maxfli Tour, which I played all of last year, and the Maxfli Tour was longer on all the clubs than the RX; however, I tried the e12 Contact on a whim and found it to be longer than the Maxfli Tour. I have been playing the e12 Contact for the last 8 rounds and really like it. Definitely the longest ball that I've played. Just a little concerned about the spin on approach shots, but I've adjusted to it pretty well.

Putting is reliable and I've adapted to the distance control with it so I can manage that pretty well.
Everyone's different ;) You like it, great, keep playing it. I didn't

Has anyone played with the Taylormade soft response enough to give an accurate comparison with this ball, especially spin? The e12 contact has got my attention but I'm not sure if there is enough performance gained to pay $5 more.

I've played the last 8 rounds with the e12 Contact and played my round yesterday with the TM Tour Response. I wanted to see specifically if the Tour Response could equal the distance of the e12 Contact and also provide more spin on approach shots.

Had a decent round and was pleased with the performance of the Tour Response. Distance wise it was probably a little shorter than the e12 Contact. Since I was used to the higher spin of the Tour Response, I came up short on a couple of shots where it didn't give me the rollout I was expecting.

Hit one shot into a green from about 120 and the Tour Response hit and stopped just a foot or two from the ball mark, but that left me with a longer than expected putt.

The one bright spot with the Tour Response was putting. I really liked the way it responded off the putter. Felt very responsive and distance control was very natural.

I think I'm going to play the e12 contact for another couple rounds because I don't really see any benefit from playing the Tour Response... not without more experience with the Tour Response.

Hello - I have read these wish to go straight, which is a plus. But what about the distance. I read they spin too much and are short.
Anyone have additional insight? Stay safe!

Today was my 68th round with the e12 Contact. Still liking this ball a lot, it's as long or longer than any other ball I've played and a lot straighter than many. Doesn't mean I can't still hit them into bad places, but that's me, not the ball - it's good but it's not magical! :LOL: Approach/greenside performance is plenty good enough for my game, and the feel is good from driver to putter.

Played nine by myself today. Things were slow, so for about four holes, I hit two balls - an e12 Contact and a Supersoft, which I've considered to be the best all-around value for my game. Both are good balls. I found the Contact to be straighter overall, whether with an iron or driver. There was not a lot of difference in distance with the irons, but the Contact was between 7 and 30 yards longer with driver. What was most interesting was on the hole with the 30 yard difference, I felt I'd crushed the Supersoft drive, and it in fact was at the very top end of my typical driver range. I felt I had a good swing with the Contact, but was shocked when the rangefinder put me at 260 for my drive. I had nothing like that for the rest of the day - 260 or 230 - but it felt good knowing I did it. This was on a wet course without much roll.

For me, the Contact is much better in the short game and on the green, and it's not close. Feel and responsiveness are much better with the Contact.

I could play the Supersoft, and the AVX works very well in my game, but the Contact is best overall and a great value.

Played nine by myself today. Things were slow, so for about four holes, I hit two balls - an e12 Contact and a Supersoft, which I've considered to be the best all-around value for my game. Both are good balls. I found the Contact to be straighter overall, whether with an iron or driver. There was not a lot of difference in distance with the irons, but the Contact was between 7 and 30 yards longer with driver. What was most interesting was on the hole with the 30 yard difference, I felt I'd crushed the Supersoft drive, and it in fact was at the very top end of my typical driver range. I felt I had a good swing with the Contact, but was shocked when the rangefinder put me at 260 for my drive. I had nothing like that for the rest of the day - 260 or 230 - but it felt good knowing I did it. This was on a wet course without much roll.

For me, the Contact is much better in the short game and on the green, and it's not close. Feel and responsiveness are much better with the Contact.

I could play the Supersoft, and the AVX works very well in my game, but the Contact is best overall and a great value.
That very closely mirrors my experience with the e12 Contact, with the exception of the driver distance. I'm so inconsistent with my driver that it's hard to tell what difference a ball makes, my erratic swing makes a lot more difference than the ball does! Other than that, same - definitely straighter, better in the short game, and better feel (albeit the difference in feel is small to me).

I like both the Supersoft and the Contact, could easily play either one, but have stuck with the contact since I started playing it. Supersoft wins for price, but overall the Contact is a better ball for me.

Out of a Whim, I picked up a dozen of the e12 Contacts in White on Friday (No Matte's were available) and put them in to play on Sat/Sun
TBH I was quite pleased with them, not the longest off the tee but straighter, Got some nice iron distances and the greenside spin while not ProV spin, was not bad and were "Playable" once I adjusted - and I did get a couple to land and turn to the side, so there is some spin to them.
When you hit them flush, they feel great off the club face. The ball has some forgiveness to them.
The also seemed quite durable - I don't think I really scuffed one.

Probably won't buy more because I have standing inventory of other balls however if I didn't, I'd have no issues putting them in play long term.

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to try the e12 Contact. I use them for the first nine holes of my round today and then used the Srixon Z Star XV for the second nine holes. It is a decent feeling ball off the driver and putter, and had decent distance, it didn't overly impress me that much, probably a 7 out of 10 rating. While it seemed good in most categories, it didn't really excel in any. I probably would not purchase anymore to put into play, but it is worth the $30, I suppose, instead of spending $45 for premium balls if you can't really afford that. Now the Srixon Z star XV is of one of my favorite golf balls to play. It feels great off of every club, is long, and has good green bite. I have always liked the z-star line of golf balls.

I bought a dozen to try because of all the reviews. Typically use a TP5x. After 18 holes these are my observations based on MY game.

Feel - Soft (which I look for). Great feeling on all clubs, especially the putter.

Distance - Not short by any means. I swing driver about 95 and the E12 matched my TP5x distance off driver. Iron distance was longer off the irons.

Spin - Plenty of spin. I have a higher ball flight so my descent angle helps but the ball would typically hit and stop and roll out a foot or 2.

Color - I went with the matte green. Easy to see, easy to find.

At the $30 price point it's probably near the top for value to quality. I will be using it as my gamer and save myself $15 a box compared to my old TP5x.

I bought a dozen to try because of all the reviews. Typically use a TP5x. After 18 holes these are my observations based on MY game.

Feel - Soft (which I look for). Great feeling on all clubs, especially the putter.

Distance - Not short by any means. I swing driver about 95 and the E12 matched my TP5x distance off driver. Iron distance was longer off the irons.

Spin - Plenty of spin. I have a higher ball flight so my descent angle helps but the ball would typically hit and stop and roll out a foot or 2.

Color - I went with the matte green. Easy to see, easy to find.

At the $30 price point it's probably near the top for value to quality. I will be using it as my gamer and save myself $15 a box compared to my old TP5x.
Good choice!

I finally got a chance to try the e12 Contact. I use them for the first nine holes of my round today and then used the Srixon Z Star XV for the second nine holes. It is a decent feeling ball off the driver and putter, and had decent distance, it didn't overly impress me that much, probably a 7 out of 10 rating. While it seemed good in most categories, it didn't really excel in any. I probably would not purchase anymore to put into play, but it is worth the $30, I suppose, instead of spending $45 for premium balls if you can't really afford that. Now the Srixon Z star XV is of one of my favorite golf balls to play. It feels great off of every club, is long, and has good green bite. I have always liked the z-star line of golf balls.
I totally agree with your assessment of the e12 contact - Not a bad ball however not one I would choose over a TourB RX or RXS.
I'd pay the extra $$$ for a Urethane cover.

Set the ego aside and bought a couple dozen of these bad boys. I fully understand I might leave some distance and greenside spin on the table, but after watching the THP Live with Bridgestone a couple weeks ago I decided to give these another try. The price point is palatable for someone who can at times get wild, and if they even save me one penalty off the tee that's well worth the distance and spin trade off. I admit there's not much I enjoy more than a hit and sit pitch shot that I can get with the premium balls, but I'm just not precise enough to be worried about that right now. I went with the yellow and look forward to getting on course with them.

Set the ego aside and bought a couple dozen of these bad boys. I fully understand I might leave some distance and greenside spin on the table, but after watching the THP Live with Bridgestone a couple weeks ago I decided to give these another try. The price point is palatable for someone who can at times get wild, and if they even save me one penalty off the tee that's well worth the distance and spin trade off. I admit there's not much I enjoy more than a hit and sit pitch shot that I can get with the premium balls, but I'm just not precise enough to be worried about that right now. I went with the yellow and look forward to getting on course with them.

I have the same big ponder with these - am I giving up distance? But the alternatives for me appear to be the AVX at $50 or the always very serviceable Supersoft. FWIW, I found the green to be the most visible solution for me, with yellow OK, and red too difficult to pick up, even for young eyes.

This seems pertinent today 😆

I have the same big ponder with these - am I giving up distance? But the alternatives for me appear to be the AVX at $50 or the always very serviceable Supersoft. FWIW, I found the green to be the most visible solution for me, with yellow OK, and red too difficult to pick up, even for young eyes.
Hmm, wouldn't have guessed the green to be most visible. I played the red last year and found once on the ground they were very easy to find but I (and playing partners) had trouble tracking them in the air.

If $ was no issue I'd be playing the CSX LS, but when I get wild I have a hard time swallowing almost $5 per bad shot 🤣

I have a friend who swears by these Balls

I can understand having to adjust a bit for spin, if you are close. But from the fairway is you are a big ball hitter, my buddy seems to drop it in pretty well

I'm still playing the e12 Contact, over a year later. During that time, I've played it against Chrome Soft, ZStar, TP5X, Q Star Tour, Supersoft, Tour Response and Superhot. For me and my game (being the current dumpster fire that it is), no other ball has kicked the e12 Contact out of my bag - especially when considering price to performance.

Hmm, wouldn't have guessed the green to be most visible. I played the red last year and found once on the ground they were very easy to find but I (and playing partners) had trouble tracking them in the air.

If $ was no issue I'd be playing the CSX LS, but when I get wild I have a hard time swallowing almost $5 per bad shot 🤣
so these are my "winter balls." I have trouble compressing the X LS and Bridgestone Tour BX when it's under 50 degrees up here. I so so wish the contacts were urethane. I do feel like I give up a bit of distance, but it could also be due to the cold Temps. played them in 55 degrees last week and hit drives of 223 (up hill), 266, 248, 244, 258. Shot Scope says I averaged 272 normally, averaged 282 in Hawaii with the X LS but that's also Temps in the 80s. that being said, I am super straight with the e12 contacts.

I adjust pretty well to the roll put on the greens. not that big of a difference from last year's tour bx or X ls but a slight difference from the 2022 balls.

I'm still playing the e12 Contact, over a year later. During that time, I've played it against Chrome Soft, ZStar, TP5X, Q Star Tour, Supersoft, Tour Response and Superhot. For me and my game (being the current dumpster fire that it is), no other ball has kicked the e12 Contact out of my bag - especially when considering price to performance.
Same here they work for me.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I like these balls as they are nice and straight, if a bit low spinning into the greens.

Only thing I don't like is how matte and dull they look. And the dimple pattern is a bit angular. I guess if it works though.....

Back