What are your golf shoe style preferences?

Frank559

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know fit, comfort, all-weather ability, and grip are paramount for golf shoes. But let’s pretend those are all taken care of and the shoe is your blank canvas…

What are your style preferences for a golf shoe?
- Traditional or sneaker?
- Do you aim for neutral color or minimalism? Or seek flashy / statement designs?
- Do you try to pick something that goes with majority of your other golf apparel style/colors?
- Or maybe no style preference at all (as long as fit/quality/grip conditions are met)?

More sneaker-ish/casual than traditional.
Wide toe box, zero drop, soles on the thinner side.
Neutral-ish colors that go with most of my apparel. (White, gray, navy blue)

This is me, to a tee.

Lately, I’ve really enjoyed Puma shoes for this reason.

Yes, these traits are what I search, and lightweight: using True Lux Pro and Lux Knit as my present choice.

Testing out Sqairz, which do not share all these traits.:oops:

I have 4 pair of shoes , all extra wide or 2ew

1x brown leather traditional footjoys
1x white leather traditional soft joys
1x black Ecco bioms 3
1x white Ecco bioms 3

Would happily wear , more casual styles but play early morning so wet grass etc is a nuisance
I did hunt for red shoes once could not find my size 😕, always polish shoes at end of round too so are clean for next round, so don’t mind a flashy shoe, and try to fit my existing range which is growing 🤩of golf apparel .
Always room for something more

I’m very used to how Nike Air Max 90 sneakers fit as I own multiple pairs of them. So I feel very comfortable using that style of golf shoe. Currently I’m wearing a pair of gray Air Max 90 golf shoes. I do have an old pair of FJ in the more classic style but I haven’t used them in a long while.

I’ve got my eye on the Torrey Pines edition Air Max but I haven’t been able to find a pair at a price I’m willing to pay.

My favorites are Ecco Bioms one white/grey pair and one black pair. They're 5 and 4 years old, but i love them

My priorities are fit, comfort and stability (stability of my feet not moving inside the shoe, not talking about spikes).

It's so hard to find golf shoes meeting those three priorities that I settle for what I can get in other features. But if possible my preferences would be no spikes, easy to clean, lightweight and if I'm really dreaming the color would be brown.

Lately, I’ve been purchasing traditional style golf shoes: GFore Gallivanter and FootJoy wingtips. I like more modern styles too though. I’ll take em all!

I have ultra wide feet so fit is important. I like a flatter profile too. Some shoes seem to lean you forward a bit which is ok, but not my favorite feeling. I always get some waterproofing. I hate wet feet.

Sketchers - Grey mesh for hot days and black leather for others. Neutral in color, comfortable, good grip and stable.

I have ultra wide feet so fit is important. I like a flatter profile too. Some shoes seem to lean you forward a bit which is ok, but not my favorite feeling. I always get some waterproofing. I hate wet feet.
I don't remember if you've tried them already or not, but True Linkswear OGs check all your boxes.

normally, something wide'ish with less sole but i've been wearing the 270Gs for a little bit now and find them to be comfortable and i've gotten used to "all that sole"...that being said, if i'm walking, my adidas adicross PPF's are my go to

I don't remember if you've tried them already or not, but True Linkswear OGs check all your boxes.
I have looked at those but never tried them because I really hate buying shoes without trying them on and I have never seen them in person.

I prefer a more traditional shoe with a leather upper & spikes. I have several pairs of the FJ Shield Tips & am enjoying the new Premiere Series as well. Comfortable, classic styling & look nice with shorts or pants.

I have 4 pair and like to have a white, a gray, a black, and a crazy pair. I like the sneaker look with shorts but traditional with pants. A wider toe box is more comfortable, and the ability to flex feels better while swinging.

What are your style preferences for a golf shoe?

- Traditional or sneaker?
* I like traditional golf shoes. especially the Fooyjoy Dryjoys
1629726151950.png or 1629726197349.png

- Do you aim for neutral color or minimalism? Or seek flashy / statement designs?
* I like neutral colors like black, white, or both black and white together.

- Do you try to pick something that goes with majority of your other golf apparel style/colors?
* not really, I try to look nice at the course but I am not there to impress anyone. I do try my best to combine my clothes with my shoes.

- Or maybe no style preference at all (as long as fit/quality/grip conditions are met)?
* I have worn my adidas 360tours 2.0 with Nike polos :p - again, as long as I look nice, I'm o.k. with it.

My favorites are Ecco Bioms one white/grey pair and one black pair. They're 5 and 4 years old, but i love them

Ecco Bioms are great but I am between 44 and 45 - I can't get the Goldilocks fit.

1629727399422.png

These are my current favorite pair of shoes.

Sneaker style for me, looking for longevity and fairly neutral colors that will work with everything. In the pursuit of longevity, I prefer shoes with replaceable spikes. I have had my current 2 pairs of spiked shoes for in the realm of 5 years and while they will probably need replacement soon, I feel like they lasted nicely.

I like a neutral color sneaker style. I love the whites and lighter colors but usually
Go dark since they get so dirty. Wide toe and comfortable is always number 1 though. Cuater is my gold shoe of choice, great style and amazing comfort. I am trying to build more of a variety of styles so branching out a bit to add a couple other looks.

Sneaker style and more neutral/basic colors. Which is pretty much the opposite of what most brands are doing lately. I tend to gravitate towards Footjoy or UA.

I have these and have been happy with them and they check the boxes as far as aesthetics go for me:

1629728326651.png

Adidas shoes tend to fit my foot best and I would put all of them more in the sneaker style but I like the ones with more support like the Tour 360.

Sneaker style. Boring colors. You know. Dad shoes.:ROFLMAO:

I need them to be more athletic/sneaker looking. I don't know why but I can not stand the look of more traditional golf shoes.

Also white or black but a splash of color as well. I don't mind more flashy designs either and wouldn't have much issue wearing them. But my preference would be relatively simple with bits of flash

Back