The Cobalt Q6 Laser + Surprise

This one has my attention, Cobalt makes world class test instruments.

The video is in the first post.
Yeah my work computer locks everything down and wont load it. I will have to check it out after work.

Reactions: JB
Having used or using Leica, Bushnells, Nikon and Leupold, this would be interesting.

I went back and reread the original review. I really like the looks of this one and I would really like a slope option on my laser.
I still think they missed the boat with not putting in the magnet, but I could get used to not having it.
Bring on the testing !!

I noticed that this laser is highlighted as waterproof has THP tested this? Not that any laser would be fully submerged in water, but I've had laser get wet in my bag with a water bottle spilling and lens was obscured afterwards.

I noticed that this laser is highlighted as waterproof has THP tested this? Not that any laser would be fully submerged in water, but I've had laser get wet in my bag with a water bottle spilling and lens was obscured afterwards.
The only test it has encountered as such is a downpour we were caught in walking the course and GG and I had to make it back from the further spot on the course to the club house. Everything was drenched including rangefinder, and it worked. It has not however been submerged in water or anything.

The only test it has encountered as such is a downpour we were caught in walking the course and GG and I had to make it back from the further spot on the course to the club house. Everything was drenched including rangefinder, and it worked. It has not however been submerged in water or anything.
I don’t see any scenario where a laser would be completely underwater but I can tell you the laser in the water bottle incident is toast… was a bargain laser so I don’t feel too bad. Having one that is waterproof would certainly have its advantages…. And I noticed most of the premium lasers are also not waterproof 🤔

I don’t see any scenario where a laser would be completely underwater but I can tell you the laser in the water bottle incident is toast… was a bargain laser so I don’t feel too bad. Having one that is waterproof would certainly have its advantages…. And I noticed most of the premium lasers are also not waterproof 🤔

Yeah I just did some checking and noticed that too.

This could be the one that forces me to retire my garmin approach?? We will see!

Yeah I just did some checking and noticed that too.
Interesting that several manufactures have a 'version' that is waterproof or water resistant, but not necessarily the higher highest end units... :unsure: as one would think... Now I can't find my way out of this rabbit hole....

65 years old, would like to see or get one where I could hold it to see how steady I could hold it. I shake a little and hard to get a quick reading.

Bold statement.
Pretty exciting stuff!

Side note @JB Any plans on selling those hats?
I've wanted one since you first teased them on the forum...

The on/off knob for the slope is one of those things you see and wonder why no one else has done it yet.

Impressive that it has set the bar at THP HQ! Makes me really want to try it! I don't love the dial protruding off the side, but I love the simplicity that it creates for menu options.

This is a great opportunity to test what seems to be one of the top of the line rangefinders. Will be eagerly waiting for the signup thread. THP is on fire!!

Really been looking in to range finders lately. Having just started using a cheaper one I really like it more than I thought I would. Good chance I upgrade for next season and this one will definitely be on the list

I recall reading/listening to the original review and was really enthralled with the background story and history of the company as a branched out into rangefinders. I came away from that review convinced this was a high-quality and desirable rangefinder. Looking forward to the sign ups, this will be a thrill for three lucky THP’er‘s.

Either tomorrow or Friday

Yeah, this has my interested. My range finder just crapped the bed after some rain got it on the side of the cart. Everything seemed to work fine but wouldn’t give me a reading. A waterproof range finder (and I play in rain) definitely has me interested. That and the build quality. My current gamer is plastic and this one being metals sounds great. I also noticed the case. No ones case is like this. I kinda like how small it look and the angle that it sits compared to the rest of them.

Back