2021 PING Glide Forged Pro Wedges

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Fall 2021 is turning into Forged season for PING, and though we have seen them drop forged designs before, this time around feels a little bit different in terms of potential commitment to it for the future. Of course, time will tell. 

For the present? PING is officially introducing their new Glide Forged Pro wedges. Read along to find out just what is going on under the hood. 

2021-PING-Glide-Forged-Pro-Wedges-1.png

2021 PING Glide Forged Pro Wedges

This wedge release is very much a culmination of a lot of feedback from PING’s impressive and deep Tour staff as to just what they wanted in a wedge for the more discerning and precise golfer. The new Glide Forged Pro’s are, yes...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
I’m impressed with how clean these look, and a truly smaller more compact wedge from PING is an interesting direction.

I think these are one of the better looking wedges PING has come out with in recent years. I didn't expect them to go more compact, but it makes sense based on the size of their other line.

• Staff
I think these are one of the better looking wedges PING has come out with in recent years. I didn't expect them to go more compact, but it makes sense based on the size of their other line.
I’ll be curious to see if this compact nature gets them into the bags of more of their Tour staff.

very clean look that I love. I think the original Ping Glide Forged were very underrated. Played them for a whole season with 0 complaints

These have a better look to them and the smaller head looks great

Ping always made a solid wedge, interested to see which tour players put these in the bags immediately!!

@Jman good write up and thanks for remembering lefties!

Nice looking wedges but they're not designed for the high cappers like me.

Nice, they look good too, that said, the way the top line is beveled, it makes them seem quite thick on the upper half. I am very pleased with the T-22s, if not for those, I would certainly give these (and some others) a look. Thanks - as always for another well written article/review and the subsequent discussion. Have you considered teaching English or Writing, or Communications or maybe Journalism?

Nice.
I've always been curious about the glide, but for whatever reason never tried one.

Next time. But that's what I always say.

Those look REALLY good. I am a sucker for forged wedges and these just look and sound amazing.

they definitely look good. beyond that i’m not seeing a ton else to get excited about here.

I have the glide 3.0 eye wedge and will be interested in the eye option for this forged version. I like Ping wedges to look like Ping wedges not a forged wedge like all the other manufacturers but that is just me.

"Forged"
"Pro"

They are certainly hitting the sound bytes for more compact player stud wedges.

This is a butterface wedge. Everything is fine..

But her face. So!!!! Round!!! The bottom groove makes it look strange to me..

F8CABD1C-3B1E-4BE8-B9EA-254D8C606FBF.png!!

I hit these last week

IMO reminds me of Tom Watson Ram wedges circa '88 - Hogan EQ etc

They are old school looking wedges imo & should make a ton of bags upcoming

That's one of Ping's better looking wedges. From the back, it kind of looks similar to a cleveland wedge.

I sold about 12 wedges this week so far getting ready for these among others. Theirs felt long overdue for some updates to go with their clubs better.

Now I will need to wait until I have these in hand. Maybe more than once. And maybe a 90-day trial. There are a lot of seriously good looking wedges out there, and coming, and... hmm. Definitely a wait and see for me.

Great article, I have been waiting on these to come out and I am not disappointed. I love the look and can’t wait to check out the feel. The S in 56 should partner up with my Glide Forged 60 perfectly. The countdown begins today.

I don’t think Ping gets enough credit for their wedges. They are a solid choice.

I know this is not exactly on topic, but does anyone know when PING Glide 4.0 wedges are coming out?? Or are they abandoning the "normal folks" wedge market??

My 3.0's are going to be worn in a couple of months so am beginning to contemplate new wedges. Would love to stay with PING but it's already been more than 2 years without a refresh!

I don’t think I have ever tried a Ping wedge?!

Back