Neck Options: Edel EAS Putters

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When it comes to finding the right putter, the choices are abundant. Sometimes overwhelmingly so. An area that is commonly overlooked are neck options and hosel design. This can be extremely helpful in both a look that is desired, as well as matching a better fitting option to your stroke, be it more arc or less.

We sat down with Chris Koske from Edel Golf in the THP Tech Studio and walked through the three different neck options available for their EAS putters. How do you know which is right for you? Chris breaks it down while we roll each model in slow motion.

After watching our short video above, which neck option do you think is right for you? Is it due to aesthetics or because it fits your stroke?

Continue reading...

Forward set, mainly due to the look I think.

Forward Set: because of aesthetics and because I believe it fits my stroke as I tend to close the head through impact, missing just left a lot. However, I wouldn't just choose one, I'd definitely get fit for the correct one.

I am going to spend a good part of the day rotating between them. Its definitely a unique thing at setup.

I think the back set would be preferred but I would be willing to try the forward set as well.

Have an Edel E-1 that I just re-gripped with an ... Edel grip, and considering playing it more this summer. I aim it well.

My grip on the putter is where the front hand is cupped a bit - see Zach Johnson. No forward lean.

I use the back set shaft. My instructor told me I am the only student he's ever fit with that shaft, probably because their forward hand is not cupped but rather, is down the shaft, so that player wants some offset (see Spieth). I don't aim an offset putter as well acc. to Edel. I do not have a forward press. I do have a slight arc and set up in a Pat O'Brien neutral setup with everything square.

The back set shaft is a visual trip.. and more specifically, is crazy easy to put a good roll on the ball.

I wonder how many Edel fittings come down to "you fit into it but don't want it" for that shaft haha - I know I felt that way a bit.

I'm honestly not sure. Don't think this is something I'd dive into without a fitting.

Interesting to be sure. With just about anything Edel I'd want a proper fitting with all those options.

With Edel Golf coming to the THP Tech Studio next week, I wanted to bump this thread up as it is something I am messing with quite a bit. How did you choose this part of the putter for yourself?

With Edel Golf coming to the THP Tech Studio next week, I wanted to bump this thread up as it is something I am messing with quite a bit. How did you choose this part of the putter for yourself?

I was fit into a double bend full shaft offset setup at CC. We didn't go through the Edel stuff though. It would be awesome to go through one of their fittings with someone from Edel.

I videoed myself putting down a line. saw that I was a SBST putter thus needing a face balance. When I look at a stroke lab putter, double bend was the way to go. I haven't altered from that. someday I'd like to do a formal putter fitting.

I videoed myself putting down a line. saw that I was a SBST putter thus needing a face balance. When I look at a stroke lab putter, double bend was the way to go. I haven't altered from that. someday I'd like to do a formal putter fitting.

Its always great finding something that works.
We have a pretty good feature coming up from @Jman on putter fitting, that I think you will enjoy.

I posted up-thread that I prefer the Forward Set because of aesthetics and because I believe it fits my stroke as I tend to close the head through impact, missing just left a lot. I'm still a believer of this being the reason I would go with this style, without having been fit.

I'm looking forward to Edel being in the THP Tech Studio soon!

So, my 1 bag went through a full Edel fitting this weekend and it blew his mind….and they ordered.

The thing that got him the most? He was fit to forward offset!

Back set shaft for me, being more of a straight back straight through stroker. Would love that in the EAS 5.0 :love:Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 7.40.55 PM.png

Setting up a fitting for an EAS putter soon, I’m excited!

Fitting set for 12/27

When it comes to finding the right putter, the choices are abundant. Sometimes overwhelmingly so. An area that is commonly overlooked are neck options and hosel design. This can be extremely helpful in both a look that is desired, as well as matching a better fitting option to your stroke, be it more arc or less.

We sat down with Chris Koske from Edel Golf in the THP Tech Studio and walked through the three different neck options available for their EAS putters. How do you know which is right for you? Chris breaks it down while we roll each model in slow motion.

After watching our short video above, which neck option do you think is right for you? Is it due to aesthetics or because it fits your stroke?

Continue reading...

Wanted to bump this because it’s great info. I was just fit into the onset (no offset) variation last week and the difference it made in alignment and aim for me was about 5” (moved aim from right of target to on target) at 10-12’. :oops:

The back set shaft is a visual trip.. and more specifically, is crazy easy to put a good roll on the ball.

I wonder how many Edel fittings come down to "you fit into it but don't want it" for that shaft haha - I know I felt that way a bit.

I was just going to say this same thing. Watching the vid I was thinking "that backset setup is wild".. I have no idea what set up would work best. But I really want to try one of these... Almost to the point I want to drive the 130 miles to Sacramento to the nearest CC just to try one..

I may have placed a call to a fitter near me to check availability for a fitting...

I may have placed a call to a fitter near me to check availability for a fitting...
Laser will break your mind.

It’s aweosme.

Laser will break your mind.

It’s aweosme.
Is it fair to say the knowledge gained is not limited to only edel putters?

Is it fair to say the knowledge gained is not limited to only edel putters?
Yeah. Definitely. It’ll educate on the effects of shape and alignment aids on actual alignment. Also on pace. It’s the best fitting I’ve ever had, and I’ve had several since being here on THP.

I’ll say, I’d have never predicted what I got fit to. But we went though about 40 combinations so I know what I was seeing, was very very real.

Back