Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Could a company that doesn’t produce golf balls enter the ball fitting world? The answer is yes and it will begin shortly. PING is set to launch something they are calling Ballnamic and golfers will have the ability to be fit at their fittings (as well as online) and for a fee get information.

The website is setup and you can find it at www.ballfitting.com and while not a ton exists on their parameters, it appears on the surface to be quite in depth. We are told from someone that has gone through Ballnamic already, that it is well done.

Do you trust a company to offer “better” information if they do not have skin in the game with their own product? With recommending other companies will some loyalists decide to possibly try that other brand’s equipment as well, perhaps finding more technology or a better fit in a driver for instance? Only time will tell on the latter of course, but it is an interesting idea and at THP we are all for more information to the golfer.

We expect the roll out of this service to be coming very soon and we will be following up here as golfers get a chance to go through it!

Untitled-1-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Just went through it and it is quite comprehensive. But I guess you get no information unless you pay the fee. I do not even see the fee amount stated so am not entering any more information.

• Admin
Just went through it and it is quite comprehensive. But I guess you get no information unless you pay the fee. I do not even see the fee amount stated so am not entering any more information.
The service is not out officially yet, but when it rolls out, there will definitely be all of the information on costs listed.

Says $39? Nah, if I want to pay I will go somewhere and have a professional not use a web tool.

For 39 bucks, I’ll pass. I need more info whether it is worth the cash. I’m not the huckleberry for this one.

So, for the price of almost a box of balls seems fair. I would have to see how in-depth the process was since it’s going to be online, but I think the price is fair. I don’t think I would be in the majority though since most golfers I know don’t care about fitting for a golf ball.

Doesn't $39 seem a bit excessive? :unsure:

With all of the resources available already, I’m not sold on the concept for $39.

Fee is $39. I will probably pay it. Less than the cost of a dozen high end golf balls it doesn't seem that excessive. I have certainly spent more than $40 on sillier things.

I just went through it and it looks like it might be $39 for one set of results. For that it seems a bit steep. If it is $39 for full access to run some different scenarios for a year then I might go for it.

Last edited:
The concept of a ball fitting is great, but I don't know if online is the answer I would want and absolutely not for 40 bucks. You can get brand ball fitting for free at most of the sites, you would then need to compare those balls you were fit into against each other to see which one plays the best for you.

Love the idea, but needs to be in person. Once out will be really interested to kick the tires but doubt I’d be first in line.

Love the idea, but needs to be in person. Once out will be really interested to kick the tires but doubt I’d be first in line.

I have a feeling that is where this is banking on. That while a person is at an in person PING fitting, they will get an "add on" to take that data and input it into the system since the accuracy will be there.

Just curious if this will really be beneficial w/o having a golf ball of their own? You're basically fitting someone for a competitor aren't you?

Just curious if this will really be beneficial w/o having a golf ball of their own? You're basically fitting someone for a competitor aren't you?
In my opinion that is what they are banking on for the time being. That there is a level of trust in the data because they have no vested interest. It does beg the question if let's say a person gets fit to a Mizuno ball, one that maybe they never considered, would that also make them ask themselves, "well maybe I should try their equipment too".

Only time will tell.

Love this idea, it’s going to be or should be completely unbiased since they don’t make a ball.

I cannot believe I just paid for that.

Just went there. This appears to be skewed more towards premium balls. If you play an e12 Contact, Supersoft, or Staff Duo, you won't find that as an option for your current ball. Perhaps they'll be coming later as the site matures.

1) I think this is a dumb idea in that a company who doesn’t make balls is now getting into ball selection, and more than likely going to drive people to try that companies clubs as well IF the fitting tool is as good as they think.

2) I was put in TP5 or Chrome Soft X TT.

3) Cannot believe I paid for that.

did the ball fitting.... and then got to the "You have to pay portion".... Bit irritated about it but I guess I should have expected it. Zero chance I'd pay $40 for it.

In my opinion that is what they are banking on for the time being. That there is a level of trust in the data because they have no vested interest. It does beg the question if let's say a person gets fit to a Mizuno ball, one that maybe they never considered, would that also make them ask themselves, "well maybe I should try their equipment too".

Only time will tell.

Very good point. You should be able to trust the data if they're not pushing a certain company.

Back