Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

This is where I'm at.

I don't understand what is in it for ping despite a money grab. 🤷‍♂️
Data, maybe? I went through the steps all the way to the payment screen, so I’m assuming they’ve collected my information for whatever it is they’re doing.

Even if I paid the $39, I'd still have to go buy the recommended balls to test against the ones (Pro V1x) that I game, which I already do.

So, not sure what I'd gain by spending another $39.

This is where I'm at.

I don't understand what is in it for ping despite a money grab. 🤷‍♂️
Certainly the financials are important, but I would say if I was on the other side the argument or gist of it would be, here we have Ping buyers. If we put them in a ball that works, and they play better golf than ever because of it, those buyers are loyal. Now the flip side is you are inserting other brands now, but time will tell on that.

8641AE31-D228-4C64-A059-381F1472D956.png76552284-C15B-4C72-A84C-2FA7A42AD376.png1E8BF849-B547-47C9-BE64-B41252DACE3D.png

Some will like it and some will not.
I for one will not pay for someone to tell me what ball is best for me.

Okay, but... What's in it for Ping?

I get TaylorMade and Callaway out of it, who are competitors, and the first thing I wonder is how their equipment would fit me as well.

I get TaylorMade and Callaway out of it, who are competitors, and the first thing I wonder is how their equipment would fit me as well.
Bingo.

Certainly the financials are important, but I would say if I was on the other side the argument or gist of it would be, here we have Ping buyers. If we put them in a ball that works, and they play better golf than ever because of it, those buyers are loyal. Now the flip side is you are inserting other brands now, but time will tell on that.

I believe (at least my brain tells me this) the above is the general idea.
Now if everybody was getting fit to Volvik for some reason, you might question whether or not they are skewing against competitors, but I genuinely do not believe that will be the case.

I believe (at least my brain tells me this) the above is the general idea.
Now if everybody was getting fit to Volvik for some reason, you might question whether or not they are skewing against competitors, but I genuinely do not believe that will be the case.
I'd run through it to see what sort of crazy configuration they gave me, but there is no chance in hell I am paying 40 dollars for an online fitting. Happy that @Jman did it for us.. you know, for science.

I'd run through it to see what sort of crazy configuration they gave me, but there is no chance in hell I am paying 40 dollars for an online fitting. Happy that @Jman did it for us.. you know, for science.

I genuinely believe the dynamic will change once it rolls out as it will be online, but more about an "add on" to an in person fitting where the input data is done by the fitter themselves straight from the launch monitor results.

I genuinely believe the dynamic will change once it rolls out as it will be online, but more about an "add on" to an in person fitting where the input data is done by the fitter themselves straight from the launch monitor results.
So, some kind of Ping based fitting, for a fee or free?

There seems to be an awful lot of free fitting experiences out there. Obviously brand specific, but still worthy of dialing in numbers and understanding the swing. I'm sort of curious what kind of behind the scenes discussions are going on at some of the higher end fitting studios about ballopoly here.

So, some kind of Ping based fitting, for a fee or free?

There seems to be an awful lot of free fitting experiences out there. Obviously brand specific, but still worthy of dialing in numbers and understanding the swing. I'm sort of curious what kind of behind the scenes discussions are going on at some of the higher end fitting studios about ballopoly here.

My assumption is that like many demo/fittings they will be free of charge and this will be an offer at the end to the golfer that for a small fee, they will get to be fit for a golf ball.

I think this is awesome and to me it's more attractive that they are a neutral party in it as far as the ball is concerned. Haven't you ever wondered what ball is best for you out of all of the brands in the market? This seems like a good chance to find out.

Now it definitely makes more sense if you are doing an actual in person fitting. I'm always a little skeptical of online fittings but at least it's a guide for buyers.

On the flip side there's zero chance I pay $39 for an online fitting. Maybe if I was doing a fitting at Ping but not a chance online.

I think this is awesome and to me it's more attractive that they are a neutral party in it as far as the ball is concerned. Haven't you ever wondered what ball is best for you out of all of the brands in the market? This seems like a good chance to find out.

Now it definitely makes more sense if you are doing an actual in person fitting. I'm always a little skeptical of online fittings but at least it's a guide for buyers.

On the flip side there's zero chance I pay $39 for an online fitting. Maybe if I was doing a fitting at Ping but not a chance online.
If it were like.. 5-10 dollars and comprehensive (which it appears to be), I'd probably take a chance on it.

Could they be collecting data for a possible re-entry into the ball market at some point? I’m sure they could just go off sales numbers but I bet most people including myself have never done a ball fitting and I’m not sure I’m playing the ball that I should be? I don’t see how this works without a proper fitting and numbers to back up the recommendation

Am I the only one that wants it to be in person and actually hitting balls when spending $39?

Am I the only one that wants it to be in person and actually hitting balls when spending $39?

Nope, I'm right there with ya!

When I was stationed in Korea, they'd give us penicillin for this :confused2:

8EB0807F-5902-426E-88B9-647595D04DA8.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not sure I would pay 40 for an in person ball fitting much less an online version. I would rather do the bstone virtual fitting. I know it does not included other companies but whatevs. Or I will just pay 40 dollars for a dozen golf balls and test them out myself.

Could they be collecting data for a possible re-entry into the ball market at some point? I’m sure they could just go off sales numbers but I bet most people including myself have never done a ball fitting and I’m not sure I’m playing the ball that I should be? I don’t see how this works without a proper fitting and numbers to back up the recommendation
They would lose their ass entering the ball market, so, being the choices they’ve made the past year and a half, maybe.

It was interesting to say the least since I entered all my launch monitor data rather than just using the broad choice selector.

I will say, it told me what I already knew as my top 4 were TP5, CSX, BXS, MTB…then there was a Maxfli…..

This. Wtf does that mean and maybe I’m just naive, but is that something golf ball OEMs can actually market/try to make more consistent?
"flier prevention score" ??????

This. Wtf does that mean and maybe I’m just naive, but is that something golf ball OEMs can actually market/try to make more consistent?
According to what I saw going through it, it’s based on how the ball reacts when wet.

Back