Red Rooster Golf Glove Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It’s hard to be different in the golf industry. If there is even a glimmer of a decent idea, most times someone has tried it. In recent years though, the D2C (direct-to-consumer) concept has turned a lot of what we thought we knew within the industry on its ear. The ability to cut out the middleman, and thus cut down on the price, has become a booming segment mostly inhabited by golf ball and club companies. Well, now one company is going to try to get into the fun with golf gloves.

That brand is Red Rooster Golf, and they are taking an interesting path, to say the least, by going not just D2C, but with a subscription option. That said, THP got a couple of the gloves in hand for a closer look, read on for more.

Continue reading...

• Staff
I’m super curious to see how their full model really unfolds when she Kickstarter ends and the Shopify store opens up.

The gloves ARE solid, they’re as well made as anything else out there. Are they game changers? Not really, but again I want to see the subscription program details in full.

Good article. Despite my not loving the logo, the gloves look pretty darn well made. Its also the name of a local diner here, so when I hear Red Rooster that is what I think of :ROFLMAO:

I struggle with the subscription model in golf, yet understand why some smaller companies want to get involved in it.

• Staff
Good article. Despite my not loving the logo, the gloves look pretty darn well made. Its also the name of a local diner here, so when I hear Red Rooster that is what I think of :ROFLMAO:

I struggle with the subscription model in golf, yet understand why some smaller companies want to get involved in it.
Yeah, got me I think that gloves might be the one place it could work decently, then again, how much golf are people actually playing ti NEED to change out on a set schedule? Lots of moving parts.

And I still don’t understand the secondary logo/tag on the glove.

Nice review, @Jman!! I received one of these to test (got it really late and the testing link had expired) and the quality is really good. I have only used it a few times, but it seems to be holding up nicely.

Not sure why its red rooster - not a clue how that relates to golf but i digress - not a fan...

Also the double tag is a popular trend it seems in the DTC model. here are two others that are using it.

1623069344716.png1623069350395.png

• Staff
  • Staff
I mean i see no point - it does nothing for me.
Definitely no cameras watching my golf game to advertise more for them! :LOL:

I know a glove bought is a glove donated, but I don't think that price point is going to get a lot of people willing to switch from well established brands.

Great article. Glove looks like a high quality option but likely not something for me. When I first read the line about branding I thought to myself the logo doesn't bother like other gloves we've seen but then I continued reading about the tags and would agree that its a bit much. Lose the tag on the side in my opinion.

I know a glove bought is a glove donated, but I don't think that price point is going to get a lot of people willing to switch from well established brands.
There’s no sign that the price for the Kickstarter is going to be the same for the subscription packages, that’s still up in the air to my knowledge.

There’s no sign thhat the price for the Kickstarter is going to be the same for the subscription packages, that’s still up in the air to my knowledge.
I hope they don't price themselves out of competition. They look like good quality and I'm not against their styling. I've been enjoying a glove that's a THP favorite, but there's something about a high quality leather glove that's hard to beat. If they release at a lower price I'll give them a shot - I'd sport the red on OU game days...

That's a good read!

That's potentially a lot of gloves going to 2 first tee foundation sites. Good on them for donating.

I'm not sure whether I like the Red Rooster logo or branding in 3 spots on the glove... but then again, I'm not looking for a glove at all. I really like my Caddy Daddy Claw... and will buy more when my current one wears out.

I like the idea of helping 1st Tee but I don't feel like I want to change my glove brand. Plus, why do they need two name tags and that logo on a tiny glove. Not my jam.

I like the idea of helping 1st Tee but I don't feel like I want to change my glove brand. Plus, why do they need two name tags and that logo on a tiny glove. Not my jam.
Wouldn’t even be interested if they were as good of quality but at a theoretically similar or lower price?

It’s funny your wrote this article @Jman I stumbled on to red roster not long ago. Maybe a month or two.. They seem decent. But I don’t understand the brand or logo.. i also am not sold on subscriptions as I like to try a bunch of different stuff. so I passed. But good write up and info.

I'm interested, but gloves are like windshield wipers - its all about the price.

I just got a wad of Callaway Tour Authentic gloves for $20 CAD each...so I certainly wouldn't pay more than that to have a red cock on my hand.

It’s funny your wrote this article @Jman I stumbled on to red roster not long ago. Maybe a month or two.. They seem decent. But I don’t understand the brand or logo.. i also am not sold on subscriptions as I like to try a bunch of different stuff. so I passed. But good write up and info.
Appreciate you reading my man!

Look nice but don’t think I will change from my Master Grip gloves. Have been using them for decades and see no reason to change. I do go thru 3+ gloves a year in 100+ rounds. Good gloves at a great price.

I have been using one for about 15 rounds and agree that they are well made of high quality materials. As I mentioned in the other thread a few times, the fit is a little loose for my liking. I wear a size Small and the Red Rooster in that size is a good bit looser than both FootJoy and the Caddy Daddy Claw (even though they state that their gloves run a little big). The Red Rooster is proving to be durable and the moisture management of the glove is quite solid. Definitely a very good glove just wish the fit was a little better for me.

I just received my gloves in the mail yesterday, and I am initially very impressed with these. The leather is soft and supple, but also feels sturdy. I’m a big fan of the logo since it’s something different. Velcro closure is a good size and held fast. Stitching is tight and no loose threads anywhere.

I can’t report on sizing completely yet, since I received XL gloves but ordered L. That said, I emailed their sales contact and the founder, Kerry replied to me directly. They’ll ship out the right size straight away. So far, so good!

I did play one round with a glove since I only realized the sizing when I was on the tee and put the glove on. After 9 holes the white glove still looked and felt the same as when I first put it on.

I emailed back and forth a little with Kerry and he dropped a tidbit that I found very interesting - 12% of their overall Kickstarter sales in USA were right handed gloves while a whopping 35% of sales in Canada were to lefty golfers! Related to the prevalence of hockey in Canada?

I’ll be interested to see what their subscription models look like since I really like their 1:1 donation plan to youth golf, and so far my impression is that this glove is worth the money I paid.

Red Rooster makes me think about this guy…89B6AC94-804F-4078-A230-D253A1EEBD8C.jpeg

@Jman did you try just their traditional gloves or did you get a shot at the breathe? I don't need another glove right now but anything that is breathable would have my interest as I can be a sweaty man.

Back