TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedges

It's a surprisingly classic look. I remember the days of xFT thinking they couldn't and wouldn't ever get better haha

These though? They look great.

It's a surprisingly classic look. I remember the days of xFT thinking they couldn't and wouldn't ever get better haha

These though? They look great.

I still think they should bring those wedges back. These look better, but man I loved those xFT wedges.

I still think they should bring those wedges back. These look better, but man I loved those xFT wedges.
Same - The shape and contact sound seemed to do a lot of things well for me. Loved them until the soles got eaten by pesticides etc haha

Fun fact....I've never tried a TM wedge. I think these actually look pretty great. The Raw face must have some legitimacy to it since more companies are doing it. I'm trying to like it but it just looks dirty haha

Fun fact....I've never tried a TM wedge. I think these actually look pretty great. The Raw face must have some legitimacy to it since more companies are doing it. I'm trying to like it but it just looks dirty haha

come to the dark side and embrace the rust

come to the dark side and embrace the rust
I have some rusting wedges now. I keep trying to clean them and it doesn't work haha

They FINALLY managed a really clean and simple look. I dig it.

nice looking offering and solid options

This is a good day. Need to avoid some trouble with this one, but these look gooood. Going to be a fun week leading into the holiday. I might just take Monday off work and play all day.

Last edited:
Are there non-media like pictures of these out? Are those cool to share yet?

And the reviews are out so they've been seen plenty I think.

Last edited:
20210829_144604.jpg20210829_144734.jpg20210829_144922.jpg20210829_145038.jpg20210829_145234.jpg20210829_145345.jpg20210829_145449.jpg

I associate blue with Mizuno, so I will never understand why others put it on their wedges (especially the JAWS), but other than that.

I'm getting pretty itchy to bring them out tomorrow now. Going to aim for some bunkers and greenside holes to have a little fun with them.

I honestly think the chrome/satin ones look a little better, but I had the last ones in black and really liked how they wore compared to others.

Pretty awesome first time out with these. Really liked the crispness of them compared to the MG2's. And the front edge and overall look are much better imo. Here are some shots from today with some thoughts as I was playing them for anyone who's interested.

Greenside was really good too. I enjoyed it. And scored my ass off with them, so that always helps.

20210829_151039.jpg20210829_151003.jpg20210829_151551.jpg

And some obligatory comparison pics. Like I said in the video, the 54 SB 11 is within a gram total weight of my Vokey SM8 54/10S.

20210829_214538.jpg20210829_215835.jpg20210829_220121.jpg20210829_220317.jpg

they sure do look nice. makes me want to try them.

these look amazing. I'm torn between these and the Mizuno t22's......but thats what having 2 bags are for right?!

20210903_002230.jpg

Was putting a bag together for tomorrow and realized I hadn't actually compared the differences in the faces. The 'waffle maker' look is definitely gone. The longer lines don't look near as weird over the ball.

I think these are out now. I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about them in hand and in play. They have a pretty unique sound to me.

Order placed after demoing the MG3s today, just as with the MG2s I loved the interaction with the ground. Went with the Satin finish, was very settled on the black finish after seen all the badass photos online. However in person the black finish to me had sort of a visual effect which made the face look offset. Satin had way more fluid transistion between hosel and clubhead - once again showing the importance to actually see stuff out.

The flight window was very consistent and while I've with my current wedges tend, during misses, to produce a weak pushy flight the MG3s were still consistent and penetrating.
Same flight window with 58 as with current 56.

Had no issues with the stock shaft, that said I'm X100 AMT in irons so should be minimal feel difference. Half inch longer and midsize grips with Standard bounce on both 52 and 58. Worst thing is wait of delivery until mid October - just when season starts to close in Sweden.

Order placed after demoing the MG3s today, just as with the MG2s I loved the interaction with the ground. Went with the Satin finish, was very settled on the black finish after seen all the badass photos online. However in person the black finish to me had sort of a visual effect which made the face look offset. Satin had way more fluid transistion between hosel and clubhead - once again showing the importance to actually see stuff out.

The flight window was very consistent and while I've with my current wedges tend, during misses, to produce a weak pushy flight the MG3s were still consistent and penetrating.
Same flight window with 58 as with current 56.

Had no issues with the stock shaft, that said I'm X100 AMT in irons so should be minimal feel difference. Half inch longer and midsize grips with Standard bounce on both 52 and 58. Worst thing is wait of delivery until mid October - just when season starts to close in Sweden.
Yeah the satin is really sharp overall and the front edge looks real square with it. With the shape and front edge I'd be tempted to play them with my ZX7 since I don't like Zipcore.

Last edited:
Hit these today at a GG and was amazed. I had t considered a TM wedge in years! I really enjoyed it today.

So many good wedge options on the market right now. Hard to decide.

Back