The History of SeeMore Putters

Glad you all have enjoyed this one! Hoped to bring a little insight some might not have known about the brand!

This is awesome! Ive been using the same Seemore for probably over 10 years now. Most of my junior golf and college gold career!

Fun article. I had no idea the ties to Odyssey.. That is cool..

I need to give seemore another shake.. Maybe the Nashville, seems to be the one that I gravitate to the most.

I need to give seemore another shake.. Maybe the Nashville, seems to be the one that I gravitate to the most.
Which shape of the Nashville line sticks out the most?

I have always thought some areas around the city would make great names for their putters. The company is one of the few with original designs and it would be fun.

I have always thought some areas around the city would make great names for their putters. The company is one of the few with original designs and it would be fun.
You know, that would be pretty cool.

You know, that would be pretty cool.
I have lots of fun ideas haha. This one could be fun though as Nashville in and around is a great city.

I have lots of fun ideas haha. This one could be fun though as Nashville in and around is a great city.
Absolutely, and there are some GREAT names.

FGP could totally be the Franklin.

My favorite!

CCD8AF77-0AD6-4337-86B5-59D0A015D77A.jpeg1E0C3876-BD5A-470D-96EA-B8786B79EB84.jpegE7E5B6C0-72F5-4E08-885B-117F410CAE88.jpeg

I had never heard of SeeMore until THP. I picked up a Si4 RST2 on eBay and have never seen another SeeMore putter outside of the one I own. I'm not sure of the finish I own (SS 303?) but it's really nice.

It's beautiful blade putter that I roll on my practice mat but recently have only resorted to it when the mallet isn't working. It's got a SuperStroke Ultra Thin which I think is a bit small for my hands, may give it another chance for the bag if I ever get around to re-gripping it.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I remember the FGP Boom. Started playing an FGP around '98, I think, and then Payne won with it. Excellent putters!

Memory Lane: I've owned several - mFGP, mFGP2 around 2007-08, and then another FGP as a training putter in 2010. Still have it, and before Covid, bought an mFGP2 - I like a half mallet with the SeeMore RST. Great feeling putter.

My gamer for the last several years has been the MFGP Nashville studio Series. Great putter.

I hope their business cards say "SeeMore Putts, esq."

I have an mFGP and an mFGP2. A few of the putters that ha e stayed with me all this time. Most of my other putters I end up giving away to family, friends, or selling. They are great training aids for me.

Great story. I didn’t know another company at had tried to copy that patent though.

Great read. Here in NZ very few people use them. I’ve had them on and off since around 2005 and always pick one up and have a go if I see one in a shop. I love my Custom SC but if I saw a SeeMore that I fell in love with I’d pull the trigger straight away. Love that my middle name is Seymour as well. Ok so not the same spelling but it sounds the same.

Just great great products. Please can you get more stockists in NZ….

Great write up!! I love my SeeMore and have eyed getting another at some point. I had never looked into the history. I knew the Payne Stewart connection, but didn't realize what had happened since. Very interesting.

Great article James.

From attending the SeeMore event I vaguely remembered that Jim had been in the golf industry before SeeMore but I didn't recall that it was with Odyssey.

I've been a SeeMore fanboi since I purchased my first Seemore after seeing an ad for the M1 in late 2006 or possibly early 2007. For the record, I blame my putter ho'ing on SeeMore since my addiction started with their putters and approximately 1/3 of my hoard are SeeMores.. ;)

Part of the hoard.
Spoiler
Besides multiple M1's (including 2 PR's, limited's and proto's), I have all of the M series (M1-M9) except the M6, several mFGP's (including a PR, a Limited with aluminum insert, and other versions in both carbon and stainless. Additionally, I have several rare putters including the Solana and a torched Diving Board.

Nice article @Jman that was a fun read and makes me realize how much I miss a Seemore

Great write-up James. Always luv these feel good success stories of passionate club (putter) makers. Have heard their story in print and on podcast and their history is always interesting. I really think the RST technology is the real thing and can help immensely a lot of golfers (my wife).

Personally I have never owned one, not for lack of trying but I use a 33” and the used market up here in Canada is not strong. Rarely, if ever see a good condition used one and the closest golf chain never carries putters in 33” so impossible to test something.

More so I have been looking for a used mallet for my wife as I cringe when she squares up the face as she is definitely in need of RSM. But she is left handed, her options in the used market as well are absolutely scarce. One day I know I will buckle down and buy one for my wife as she really needs to try a mallet as her head is so off line and her shaking on back swing just doesn’t work well with a blade. The quest continues.

James I'm a day late but I really enjoyed reading on the history and evolution of SeeMore. Nicely done sir.

Nice write up @Jman!!! I have had several SeeMore putter through the years and currently I am playing a copper FGP mallet. It is a fantastic putter as were the previous SeeMores I have played. They make incredible putters and I would encourage anyone that hasn't tried them out to give them a go.

Ol reliable…the most neutrally balanced putter I own.

43E4A805-E281-48A7-B291-87C083C10969.jpegE79B2D4D-1BD7-4D4D-9F4F-23702ACA5A18.jpeg7C659782-898F-4177-BFDB-EB1619A0AB9C.jpeg

Back