Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Anyone else feel the clip on the remote is flimsy? Just me? I was putting the remote on my belt yesterday and the clip snapped right off! Looks like another email to customer service is in order.
Ouch. I think it’s pretty pliable, but it does have a breaking point. If I don’t have it in my hand I keep it on the cart in it’s holder or on a pocket. For me, that’s what works best.
I should add that I do have it on me when I putt. I’ll lock the remote and stick it in my pocket.

Anyone else feel the clip on the remote is flimsy? Just me? I was putting the remote on my belt yesterday and the clip snapped right off! Looks like another email to customer service is in order.

I haven't had any issues with it and I clip it on my belt nearly every time.

I haven’t had any problems with it. The remote is either in my hand, hanging from the M7, or in my pocket. Is this the same remote that was lost and found in the parking lot?

I haven’t had any problems with it. The remote is either in my hand, hanging from the M7, or in my pocket. Is this the same remote that was lost and found in the parking lot?
It was actually found on course.

The clip snapped right at the top of it. Motocaddy is sending me a new one!

Testers, Question for you.

How has the M7 kept your energy levels during the round? As a person that was mostly a non walker previously due to my previous golf course, the MotoCaddy seems to really let me enjoy the rounds of just walking the fairways. Granted my course has changed dramatically to more walker friendly, but there are also some significant hills.

How has the M7 kept your energy levels during the round? As a person that was mostly a non walker previously due to my previous golf course, the MotoCaddy seems to really let me enjoy the rounds of just walking the fairways. Granted my course has changed dramatically to more walker friendly, but there are also some significant hills.

There is still fatigue, but definitely less fatigue than when I used a manual push cart. I don’t feel it in my lower back as much, and I definitely don’t feel it in my shoulders and arms.

I would say that compared to pushing, there is a difference, with a bit less fatigue on the legs. Compared to carrying, it is night and day. No fatigue in my shoulders and back.

I walked 18 on back to back days last week, after a workout the first morning and early after a boozy dinner and poor sleep the next day. That second round probably isn't one off my personal best for the year without the electric cart.

We have no hills but the humidity will suck the life out of you. Last year I only wanted to walk/push 9 and get a cart for the back in the dead of summer because if I walked/pushed all 18 I wasn't worth anything the rest of the day. With that, the remote allows you to walk normally. I don't know how the M5 would be, but you still have to hold on to the cart, so I can see how it would affect your shoulders and such. But even now in the dead of summer after playing a round of 18 I still am able to play with my kids, and be productive after a round.

I don't know how much it correlates with the M7, but my three best rounds have been when I've been using it instead of a regular push cart, and even driving a cart. I think walking keeps my body limber and doesn't allow it to get tight sitting in a regular cart. With the remote, I can add that I'm not spending energy pushing a cart, so yes, I guess the long answer is I do have more energy on the closing stretch.

Whew, missed a couple days on THP due to illness. So sick (non-covid related) I had to see a doctor. Luckily she prescribed something (as the pharmacist said "ah the good stuff") and it seems to be working so now I have a lot to catch up on. I'll start here...

The M7 does help with energy levels. I'm not to the point where I'm shouting "let's do another 18" but I'm also not totally spent like I was sometimes when pushing/carrying. Being able to walk without having to push (or carry for that matter) makes things more relaxing and keeps my arms loose. Lately my newest routine is hit shot, put club in bag, grab the remote (I store it on the holder during shots not around the green) and my bottle of water. One hand on remote and one hand holding water bottle sipping away while walking down fairway.

So I don't like to keep alignment sticks in my bag, and I was trying to figure out how to hold onto headcovers while they are in use so they don't fall to the bottom of my bag or fall off the cart when I send it down the fairway before I put my driver/fairway/putter back.

Then it dawned on me:

Umbrella holder!

I keep the umbrella holder, water bottle holder, and scorecard holder attached all the time, so when it isn't raining, I stick the umbrella holder straight up, and slide headcovers over it when they are in use.

Quick question for those with the M7 - I just bought one this week and my first round was amazing - so great. For my second round I forgot the battery so used it in manual “push cart” mode, which worked fine. However when getting back to the car, one of the wheels just will not come off the axle - I can move it slightly and I think it’s re-engaged in the motorized inner ring now, and I can push the black button but it just will not fully come off the axle now. The other wheel works just fine. I will call/email Motocaddy on Monday but wondering if anyone has quick ideas? I hope I can still use it as is, and do not want to make it worse. Thanks for any advice!

Quick question for those with the M7 - I just bought one this week and my first round was amazing - so great. For my second round I forgot the battery so used it in manual “push cart” mode, which worked fine. However when getting back to the car, one of the wheels just will not come off the axle - I can move it slightly and I think it’s re-engaged in the motorized inner ring now, and I can push the black button but it just will not fully come off the axle now. The other wheel works just fine. I will call/email Motocaddy on Monday but wondering if anyone has quick ideas? I hope I can still use it as is, and do not want to make it worse. Thanks for any advice!
OK - answering my own thread :). I did get it off at home after a few tries. It goes on and off now but not as smoothly as the other side. Should I apply some more grease to the axle or to inside the wheel? I can’t see anything that would be causing it to block the on and off procedure on the axle or inside the wheel attachment. Thanks!

OK - answering my own thread :). I did get it off at home after a few tries. It goes on and off now but not as smoothly as the other side. Should I apply some more grease to the axle or to inside the wheel? I can’t see anything that would be causing it to block the on and off procedure on the axle or inside the wheel attachment. Thanks!

Paging @Motocaddy for that one. Gotta be something simple right?

I have had 2 remote carts over the last 8-9 years (not MC) but had some mechanical issues and my latest eventually died about a month ago. So I would guess I have used my old pushcart 70 of my last 100 rounds when walking my home course. The remaining 30% were with the RCC.

I have been a member at this course for almost 20 years so in terms of comparison it’s a good barometer. I would say definitely my effort to push my Clicgear is dramatically higher than when I was using my remote control cart. Especially during the summer (high humidity) here I find out around hole 15 that I have to be super hydrated or else my energy level drops significantly. I would say definitely my effort to push my clicker is dramatically higher than using my remote control card. Especially during the summer here I find out around 415 I have to be super hydrated or else my energy level drops significantly.

I wish I could replace my remote control cart at the moment but unfortunately financially it’s not in the cards right now so will wait a couple years and give myself one for my retirement. At least that’s the plan.

It will be the mechanism that locks the wheel fo the axle, just spray some spray lubricant into the wheel and press the button that releases the wheel a few times so it loosens up.

It will be the mechanism that locks the wheel fo the axle, just spray some spray lubricant into the wheel and press the button that releases the wheel a few times so it loosens up.
I had the same issue earlier this week. The lubricant trick worked well for me too.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hi PT, sorry to hear this! Please call us at 800-668-2162. Also want to make sure you reached us in the USA and not our UK team, we are at sales@motocaddy.us. We will get you taken care of ASAP!
Well it is August 31st and still no Motocaddy to use. I did contact and finally receive a call from you and followed your instructions. I waited a week for the box to return the item and shipped it back to you the following day. I waited another week for an update and received nothing. I emailed you again for a status on Friday and received a message this past Sunday saying it will be fixed early next week. I am at the point where I would either like a refund or a substitute (like the MGI Navigator I bought for my wife) for this caddy. I purchased this on June 5th and still do not have a working unit. The seller said they would do nothing for me since it has been more than 30 days since I bought it, so I am asking you to resolve by the end of this week. Otherwise, I will contact my credit card company and report it for a refund.

I'm still amazed at how much more enjoyable walking is with this thing. It's too much fun to use.

there's a way to get rid of that jealousy. Just click the magic button....

there's a way to get rid of that jealousy. Just click the magic button....

Heh ... it's been sitting in my "shopping cart" for months. 🤔

I'll have one of these at some point... Just don't know when yet. Loving the feedback in here. This has been one of my favorite review threads this year.

I'm still amazed at how much more enjoyable walking is with this thing. It's too much fun to use.
Sounds like vlogging time to me. It’s really cool reassign the feedback from so many who are actually able to enjoy rounds a bit more because of this. For me at least, that’s added value against that price.

Sounds like vlogging time to me. It’s really cool reassign the feedback from so many who are actually able to enjoy rounds a bit more because of this. For me at least, that’s added value against that price.
I've stated it before in this thread that I would have a hard time swallowing that initial price and most likely wouldn't buy it. Now that I have one, I don't ever want to walk without it. I try to walk once a week, and over the summer I can get out 2-3 times a week, so it's really a no brainer. I honestly can't tell you how many rounds I have on it, but I can honestly say this is a game changer for people that want to walk and just don't have the body (back) to do it.

I've stated it before in this thread that I would have a hard time swallowing that initial price and most likely wouldn't buy it. Now that I have one, I don't ever want to walk without it. I try to walk once a week, and over the summer I can get out 2-3 times a week, so it's really a no brainer. I honestly can't tell you how many rounds I have on it, but I can honestly say this is a game changer for people that want to walk and just don't have the body (back) to do it.
That’s kind of what I’ve taken from the feedback thus far. It’s a “novelty/niche” item until it’s not. Lol. The ability to walk down the fairways like the pros and experience the course and game without the encumbrance of a carry (especially in the summer heat) is a huge plus.
The only issue I could see is the glares from my playing partners as they struggle carrying their bags up the hills on the back nine. 😂

Back