New England Members

Welp, finished my golf tour of New England today. Had a blast playing with rlefig and PatsFan, and our new best buddy Betsy. Great course, great people, great time. A big thank you to turtlerancher, rlefig, and PatsFan for spotting me clubs and balls, I appreciate it. I shall be back.
It was great to meet you and it is always a great time with @rlefig!
That course is a beast but I would like to play it when it's dry!

I think the waitress waited till everyone's eyes were closed!

20210730_150046.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
c75cccafb336f460de315f331e9f3a85.jpg

Last edited:
A1233692-3CFF-4626-A493-BE50F8AC7108.jpeg5BBFACF1-FEF3-4C0B-B266-659AF8E76FB1.jpeg
Greathorse out in Western (ish) MA… a real fun redesign by Silva. The grounds are incredibly impressive with a real distinct look, they dropped 60 million into the joint and it shows. Quaint isn’t how I would describe the place. Bunkers EVERYWHERE.

91B4F4AF-63AD-4440-B438-BA18857E24F9.jpeg
Such a great range!

Was in CT a few days last week and ran over to RI and played Meadow Brook. Was in great shape and very nice lay out

Yep, really like that course. Haven't played it in a couple of years as it's a bit of a haul for me. Parking situation and first tee being so far from the pro shop is a little strange but a nice track.

Yep, really like that course. Haven't played it in a couple of years as it's a bit of a haul for me. Parking situation and first tee being so far from the pro shop is a little strange but a nice track.
As I walked and carried...Yea that 1st tee is a b*tch...and a couple other walks are pretty big green to tee. First time there. Conditions are super. Greens were rolling pure. Great lunch after. Met up with 12 buds.

I was fortune to play in the Men's Invitational at the Quechee Club in Quechee VT this week. A great facility if you ever have the chance to play there. 36 holes and not a stinker among them. Fantastic condition with speedy greens. Both courses are in outstanding shape. Mountain views with rivers and streams running throughout the layout.

Attachments

• 0805211303_HDR.jpg
    0805211303_HDR.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 13
  • 0804211836_HDR.jpg
    0804211836_HDR.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 13
I was fortune to play in the Men's Invitational at the Quechee Club in Quechee VT this week. A great facility if you ever have the chance to play there. 36 holes and not a stinker among them. Fantastic condition with speedy greens. Both courses are in outstanding shape. Mountain views with rivers and streams running throughout the layout.
Great courses, I lived in the same "borough" as Quechee and now live just across the border in NH. Only ever played Lakeland and found it to be stunning.

Any plans for a NH NE outing this fall like last year? I won a NH condo for a week in a charity auction in Freedom NH, we can book anytime in next year or so just wondering.

521AC905-09D6-4391-B093-1E134A9CEEBB.jpeg
Hooper, a hidden gem in Walpole NH.

Great courses, I lived in the same "borough" as Quechee and now live just across the border in NH. Only ever played Lakeland and found it to be stunning.
I ended up playing Highland 3 times. Lakelnad once,. I liked both. Highlands it is tough to get a level lie on any hole. But the holes are so appealing to the eye it didn't matter. A highly recommended spot.

I ended up playing Highland 3 times. Lakelnad once,. I liked both. Highlands it is tough to get a level lie on any hole. But the holes are so appealing to the eye it didn't matter. A highly recommended spot.
That's what I've heard about it. Very much target golf and uneven lies galore. I hope to get on there someday.

Talk about prime weather here these last few days… unfortunately, I haven’t been able to play.

Anyone getting out on any interesting tracks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great time today with @OITW we went around in 3:20 and pushed a team match. A lot fun today.

@OITW sry about that on #18 second shot. He has a club in his hand and I go “you sure you want to hit that? You’ll be in the parking lot.” I thought he had a 3/5 wood in his hand, didn’t know he carried a 7W. Of course I got in his head and he shoved it towards the trees. 😬

@OITW sry about that on #18 second shot. He has a club in his hand and I go “you sure you want to hit that? You’ll be in the parking lot.” I thought he had a 3/5 wood in his hand, didn’t know he carried a 7W. Of course I got in his head and he shoved it towards the trees. 😬

mind games are evil

Had a great time today with @OITW we went around in 3:20 and pushed a team match. A lot fun today.
Always fun teeing it up. I thought we ended up winning? Definitely didn’t want to break a window with all those houses there ha

Always fun teeing it up. I thought we ended up winning? Definitely didn’t want to break a window with all those houses there ha

Condo bashing always fun.

Funny how these things go in cycles...I recall 10 years ago (or so) when I thought how strange it was that there were 3 Golfsmith stores within a 30 min drive for me. And then of course it turned out they went out of business (probably over-expanding!). Suddenly there was nothing around except Dick's and one golf store in Auburn that was really small and cramped.

Now I'm watching Golf Channel and they mention the new Golf Galaxy Performance Center in Framingham. And of course there's a PGA Tour Superstore just down the street in Natick. Nice to have some options once again.

Played Granite Fields in Kingston NH today. Interesting 18. Some tight holes, some forced carry and four really long transitions between holes. Overall in very nice shape but the greens had recently been dressed which made the early holes sandy putting. It stuck to the ball and putter. One interesting feature of the course are the wood carvings on certain holes.
3506886ec6239d1e0019b6a8a52f5853.jpg
80eec40fd2fc2accad5b461f2516cecc.jpg
246039a870625d04ae97ba901f698aaf.jpg
df5205757c589b54a798a3d797baebbe.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Back