Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes Craig Ramsbottom from Bag Boy to the show to talk about where the company came from and where they are headed.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Craig joins the show to discuss Bag Boy push carts, changes to walking the course and so much more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Bag Boy goes Off Course.

Untitled-7-1024x692.jpg

Episode 72 is here and Dan and Craig discuss the following topics.

75 Year...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a fun show. Craig certainly knows the brand and listening to the changes that have been made over the years as well as the golf bag discussion were great.

Good stuff. Enjoyed listening prior to my walking round today. Now it’s time to get ready to roll.

Fun listen, I think there was a big perception change 5-6 years ago I think when it was deemed that push/pull carts were ok to be used in junior and AM events. Then more started to realize how much more fresh they stayed not having to carry, pick up, put down, twist, bend and otherwise work to move the bag around for the day.

Fun listen, I think there was a big perception change 5-6 years ago I think when it was deemed that push/pull carts were ok to be used in junior and AM events. Then more started to realize how much more fresh they stayed not having to carry, pick up, put down, twist, bend and otherwise work to move the bag around for the day.

I didn't even think about that, but you nailed it. That makes so much sense and there was a pretty big boom in that area of sales I believe.

I wanted to go down that rabbit hole, but knew it wouldn't add much to the conversation..

It's insane that pushing your bag is/was seen as a weakness.

I wanted to go down that rabbit hole, but knew it wouldn't add much to the conversation..

It's insane that pushing your bag is/was seen as a weakness.

I think he touched on it and would be interesting to actually see what the results of research would be. See what the difference in stamina and strength at the end of a round pushing vs. carrying.

I think he touched on it and would be interesting to actually see what the results of research would be. See what the difference in stamina and strength at the end of a round pushing vs. carrying.
It's got to be significant.

Forget about the part where lugging that kind of load around a golf course does to your body over time haha - can't be good.

One of my favorite takeaways what that he suggested they would be taking a more collective approach to golfers, which I think includes the potential for a big boost on carry/stand bags that work with and without their carts.

I'm excited to see what becomes of that.

It's got to be significant.

Forget about the part where lugging that kind of load around a golf course does to your body over time haha - can't be good.

I am too old for that kind of nonsense lol..

Chiller or Revolver? Spicy colorways. Tough choice but today I would lean Chiller.

Good pod to pass the time in physical therapy. After looking at the bags, I started looking at all of the push cart accessories and if all all would fit in the cart at once.

Chiller or Revolver? Spicy colorways. Tough choice but today I would lean Chiller.

Good pod to pass the time in physical therapy. After looking at the bags, I started looking at all of the push cart accessories and if all all would fit in the cart at once.
Im such a fan of the Chiller bag.

I am excited to see how they expand their bag lines moving forward. I myself would prefer to go to a hybrid bag over a cart bag.

Im such a fan of the Chiller bag.

I just used the Chiller that I one in a THP giveaway. That cooler insert is awesome. Great all around cart bag.

Just finished listening to this, this morning. Great show all together once again. My favorite part has to be that you want spicy bags/colors then it was countered (either before or after) by saying black with trim sells the best.

Spicy bag and loud shirts! Let's make golf a more visually appealing sport!

Great show….never knew Bagboy had the “Gotcha” as part of their lineup. I have one in the basement that is probably 15 years old that the shaft broke and never could replace. At the time I lost a lot of balls. Very entertaining listen, tons of content about equipment, luv it!

Just finished listening to this, this morning. Great show all together once again. My favorite part has to be that you want spicy bags/colors then it was countered (either before or after) by saying black with trim sells the best.

Spicy bag and loud shirts! Let's make golf a more visually appealing sport!
haha, I know it's a relatively niche market right now to go wild with bags, but I really think we see more of it down the line.

I'm curious about the upcoming bag that functions just as well on a cart vs. carry.

My current carry bag is great for walking but at times a bit of a pain to strap to a cart. It doesn't fit well or rotates then pockets are hard to access, etc.

I will see shortly if my Morgan Cup bag solves this issue, but a dual purpose bag is appealing to me.

Back