Well, it’s Labor Day weekend, so no one is in the office until Tuesday. It's Wilson/Staff so, they’re slow on the uptake….Thursday propbably!

they'll catch it AFTER they ship...

Back to normal price now.

i don’t expect them to take a bath, but i wouldn’t be mad if they honor my order!!!
Maybe they honor the sales to try and get the clubs in more people’s hands which may lead to word of mouth sales from players who end up raving about the irons

Maybe they honor the sales to try and get the clubs in more people’s hands which may lead to word of mouth sales from players who end up raving about the irons
That would make too much sense.

And cost them too much.

in all honesty i thought of that too. no way they’re making a profit at $150, but maybe at twice the price?

in all honesty i thought of that too. no way they’re making a profit at $150, but maybe at twice the price?
When your biggest knock by people is being a big box brand, going with 300.00 iron sets probably doesn’t help that :LOL:

This thing is being shut down... I feel you @J.B. Cobb III you want to keep quiet, but also don't want to spread it. I hit checkout fully knowing there was 0% this gets shipped. Oh well did some video watching and these seem like the real deal. Very similar to 7s made by a company that rhymes with Trixon

This thing is being shut down... I feel you @J.B. Cobb III you want to keep quiet, but also don't want to spread it. I hit checkout fully knowing there was 0% this gets shipped. Oh well did some video watching and these seem like the real deal. Very similar to 7s made by a company that rhymes with Trixon
You know you can just say Srixon, right?;)

When your biggest knock by people is being a big box brand, going with 300.00 iron sets probably doesn’t help that :LOL:
Maybe the decided to embrace that brand image now 😄

Could just write it off as a grassroots marketing campaign, probably show better results from that than their current marketing campaigns

Could just write it off as a grassroots marketing campaign, probably show better results from that than their current marketing campaigns

they have current marketing campaigns? news to me.

they have current marketing campaigns? news to me.
Lol.

Something along the lines of including a note in the box saying “We know there was a pricing error on our site, but we decided to honor all orders. All we ask is that show them off to your playing partners and friends on social media, and/or let fellow players know what you think of them via online golf forums.” The customers who took advantage of the pricing error could also end up becoming repeat Wilson customers.

Last edited:

As soon as the pricing error was posted on Facebook groups in the 150k territory any chance of shipping these out was dead. I would wager that they don’t even have the inventory to fulfill all of the orders that came in even if they wanted to. And that’s fine by me. Never really expected to get them when I placed the order.

Can you imagine the person who got the phone call that people were buying hand over fist. Kinda like “Office Space” checking the account balance at the ATM.

And yet now people are pissed at Wilson saying they’re making a huge mistake not honoring it 😂😂.

Can you imagine the person who got the phone call that people were buying hand over fist. Kinda like “Office Space” checking the account balance at the ATM.
Pricing of the set vs. single club was just a Monday detail!

I do think Wilson could make this a win by asking if the customer is still interested at 500$ instead of a refund.

I know most would just say refund but some may stick with it and then there’s some good customer service out there dor then. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

I do think Wilson could make this a win by asking if the customer is still interested at 500$ instead of a refund.

I know most would just say refund but some may stick with it and then there’s some good customer service out there dor then. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

i’d buy at $500

I have been thinking about this since yesterday afternoon when I learned of the obvious pricing error. I think fulfilling the first few would be a good move. Could get some clubs into the hands of golfers who might not otherwise have given them consideration. And I think that’d be a good move considering I can’t remember ever seeing anyone playing Wilson clubs that were released within the last 10 years.

I wonder if they’ll honour any sales at all… I’d be surprised, to be honest.

Good looking iron by my eye.

You know you can just say Srixon, right?;)
Haha yeah but why be boring...
Ove the comments on all the buyers who are butt hurt about buying into a fake price and never recover unless wilson delivers. They are threatening to bought the product. Pretty sure, myself included outside of dozen balls and a wedge, no one has bought a Wilson product. Even more Wilson will be better off if they never do buy vs taking the L on these irons.

This stunt got me interested again.

Back