I do think Wilson could make this a win by asking if the customer is still interested at 500$ instead of a refund.

I know most would just say refund but some may stick with it and then there’s some good customer service out there dor then. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
i’d buy at $500
That’s exactly the type of exposure I’m talking about. I bet a lot of people would be buyers at that price.

That’s exactly the type of exposure I’m talking about. I bet a lot of people would be buyers at that price.

exactly. I was up their mistake give the people who put in some purchases a break if they can handle the amount of orders and it’s a win-win. You make money on your product and you’re getting good reviews. Plus people are getting your clubs at a good price which they are amazing. Very good iron as they usually make.

I have to imagine it costs them money to refund credit card purchases that already went through, right? I’m sure it isn’t a lot for each one, but multiply that by potentially 1,000+ orders and it may add up.

i’d buy at $500
Samsies. Even so aren’t these still sub $1k irons when others are $1200 plus for the same configuration?

Samsies. Even so aren’t these still sub $1k irons when others are $1200 plus for the same configuration?
$1100 for set of 7

I have to imagine it costs them money to refund credit card purchases that already went through, right? I’m sure it isn’t a lot for each one, but multiply that by potentially 1,000+ orders and it may add up.
I have to imagine they received a ton of orders based on the number of people in the groups this pricing error was disclosed to

at 149 or whatver it was, they’d be losing a ton on irons. Way more than just refunding. But that’s why I can see them trying to get people to buy in at a different price to keep some of the sales. At least, that’s what I would do.

I believe they are around 999?

Maybe there is a possibility they will ship. Afterall the MSRP wou be the retail to the buyer. Assuming this 1000.00 set of clubs would fo to the retailer at 500 net. This means its possible that Wilson may have a market cost at the 250 range. Perhaps they got a hot deal on something and wanted to make a turn this into a marketing campaign.

Perhaps im hoping, lol. Jus5 got a seconed email from wilson an hour ago confirming my purchase, but i wont be surprised if it gets canceled

Maybe there is a possibility they will ship. Afterall the MSRP wou be the retail to the buyer. Assuming this 1000.00 set of clubs would fo to the retailer at 500 net. This means its possible that Wilson may have a market cost at the 250 range. Perhaps they got a hot deal on something and wanted to make a turn this into a marketing campaign.

Perhaps im hoping, lol. Jus5 got a seconed email from wilson an hour ago confirming my purchase, but i wont be surprised if it gets canceled
The markup for golf equipment in retail is not 100%. In fact it’s a fraction of that.

Speaking specifically of the golf industry, That i don't know of but for the last 20+ yeare have worked for two manufacturing organizations with their own distribution channel, both are Fortune sub 600 companies, and imported product cost iw incredibly low. Especially when they have their own vehicle of distribution.

In my first meeting that involved quarterly forecast i saw a product that sold for 270.00 on the open market with a net of 16.00. Now that didn't include overhead and redistribution but huge gains are out there.

I can't see how they don't honor the sale since they offered the price. I'd bet your local state Attorney General would have a field day with them, as would the BBB.

I can't see how they don't honor the sale since they offered the price. I'd bet your local state Attorney General would have a field day with them, as would the BBB.
You would be wrong, doing that would be a complete waste of your time

CE616107-70C1-42A4-A154-50B0FE439F0D.jpeg

I bet it would depend on state and how aggressive they would be. I'd be sure to not purchase anything from them in the future.
I don’t really understand that line of thought, so not getting an 8 iron set for the price of 1 iron is whats going to cause you to never buy from Wilson again?

I don’t really understand that line of thought, so not getting an 8 iron set for the price of 1 iron is whats going to cause you to never buy from Wilson again?

They set a price, someone paid, they backed out of the deal. Its the same as buying a car. If I agree on the deal and then they back out afterwards I walk, no talk. Not my problem they priced it.

They set a price, someone paid, they backed out of the deal. Its the same as buying a car. If I agree on the deal and then they back out afterwards I walk, no talk. Not my problem they priced it.

obvious pricing errors are typically protected by law, but the company can choose to honor if they please. personally i have no problem with wilson canceling these orders. it would be awesome if they didn’t!

obvious pricing errors are typically protected by law, but the company can choose to honor if they please. personally i have no problem with wilson canceling these orders. it would be awesome if they didn’t!

I always use the thought process of "If I don't pay will they provide service?" It works both ways. They have become a niche in the market with little direction. This error really doesn't surprise me very much.

Agree I. 100% fine walking away when I receive the whoops email this week. No hard feelings. 100% price error. Feel bad for the approval person in charge of this site/update.

When you buy a car you discuss price. This was a pricing error on a website. They didn't agree to sell you anything for a certain price.

I would love to get their irons at that price. But I wouldn't be shocked alarmed suprised or upset if they canceled my order.

I wouldnt hold them accountable to any of their egregious mistakes, anymore than I would want to be held accountable for mine.

I’m honestly amazed there’s any shock or disgust at all that the orders are being cancelled, it’s a price mess up, and a huge one at that, they don’t have to give away iron sets.

With these things it’s always, hope they honor it because you got a screamin steal, but expect them not to and that’s ok.

Shaking my damn head at you

I’d guess that the orders won’t be honored and a dozen golf balls will be sent out as a consolation for the error.

I’d guess that the orders won’t be honored and a dozen golf balls will be sent out as a consolation for the error.
My guess is refunds for everyone and the only consolation is a “sorry for the inconvenience” email lol

I’m honestly amazed there’s any shock or disgust at all that the orders are being cancelled, it’s a price mess up, and a huge one at that, they don’t have to give away iron sets.

With these things it’s always, hope they honor it because you got a screamin steal, but expect them not to and that’s ok.

no such thing as a free lunch..

Back