I’d guess that the orders won’t be honored and a dozen golf balls will be sent out as a consolation for the error.
Id guess they aren’t sending people shite for trying to take advantage of an error. :LOL:

Id guess they aren’t sending people shite for trying to take advantage of an error. :LOL:

The smart move if it were several hundred would be to cancel orders and send them a small gift card for their troubles of charging the card. When it hit every social media outlet there is and thousands of orders came in, it would be hard to do that. Especially considering how fast they would be devalued in the pre-owned market the minute people got them and were selling them or trading them in.

Then again, they have made some really bizarre decisions, and this is an honest mistake, that they let go way too long to allow this many to come in. It's certainly "on brand" it seems as of late though, which is a shame.

It would be interesting to see if they just rolled with it.

then their social media posted “number 1 selling iron over labor day “! Haha

Especially considering how fast they would be devalued in the pre-owned market the minute people got them and were selling them or trading them in.

this. anyone who thinks they can flip these for retail needs to re-take economics 101.

i wouldn’t flip. i’d give them a fair shake. they’re gorgeous clubs, albeit beyond my skill. and heck, maybe it would change my perception of the quality wilson is still capable of producing.

The smart move if it were several hundred would be to cancel orders and send them a small gift card for their troubles of charging the card. When it hit every social media outlet there is and thousands of orders came in, it would be hard to do that. Especially considering how fast they would be devalued in the pre-owned market the minute people got them and were selling them or trading them in.

Then again, they have made some really bizarre decisions, and this is an honest mistake, that they let go way too long to allow this many to come in. It's certainly "on brand" it seems as of late though, which is a shame.
That’s what’s the most mind blowing about it to me, not that a mistake was made, that happens, but that it was up SO long.

It would be interesting to see if they just rolled with it.

then their social media posted “number 1 selling iron over labor day “! Haha
They’ve already said there will be refunds, and can’t blame them considering it’s thousands of orders

Last edited:
They’ve already said there will be refunds, and can’t blame them considering it’s thousands of orders
Yes of course. That is honestly the only decision that makes sense. I am just thinking about the funny alternatives.

Shaking my damn head at you
Hope it doesn’t unscrew and fall off. I take these types of mistakes as them accepting returns plus a 20% restocking fee.

I can’t believe how ridiculous people are being on social thinking they should get the irons for peanuts. That they’ll never look at Wilson again if it’s not honored.

first, I bet well over half the sets would be for sale as soon as they got them.

second, what a ridiculous expectation to get a full set of irons for the price of one club.

finally, I doubt these people have/would give Wilson a shot anyways.

I do think Wilson could make this a win by asking if the customer is still interested at 500$ instead of a refund.

I know most would just say refund but some may stick with it and then there’s some good customer service out there dor then. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
It’s a great idea, but how tell mr opportunity that these irons are available for 500 and the guy who actually wants them and/or isn’t about to flip them that they need to pay full price…

not to mention they are flooding the secondary market with the same number of irons sets that could be sold lifetime 🤣

In good news, it’s bumped this thread 70+ times in a day and provided some steam to a lackluster release! Maybe, this was Wilson’s plan all along?!🤔

Just got this email:
C8622C90-698C-4B82-843B-9A204C33EEC4.jpeg

everybody getting the email canceling their order? i haven’t received one yet but expecting it any minute.

For how long was the erroneous price posted?

OH THE HUMANITY OF CANCELLING MY ORDER.... Just kidding i knew it was coming and 100% back the company for doing so.

1631052710314.png

I would offer every "purchaser" a single CB iron of their choosing. "test it for yourself"

that would require a marketing savvy Wilson has never shown

Has anyone received their refund from Wilson? I have not!

That is not a good resolution.

100% agree. i don’t fault them at all for canceling. totally get it. but to keep my money this long makes no sense.

100% agree. i don’t fault them at all for canceling. totally get it. but to keep my money this long makes no sense.
The concerning part to me is lack of response, but hopefully that changes with the message we put out. I would like to think it is an oversight, but when money is involved, that is a tough one. I was super hopeful that this would have been resolved quickly, easily and they might have even made some fans out of it.

It continues to go back to the take about messaging and communications.

The concerning part to me is lack of response, but hopefully that changes with the message we put out. I would like to think it is an oversight, but when money is involved, that is a tough one. I was super hopeful that this would have been resolved quickly, easily and they might have even made some fans out of it.

It continues to go back to the take about messaging and communications.

When I purchased these irons, I whole-heartedly knew that chances were I wouldn't get the clubs for that insane price! But, I just wanted to "test the water" and see what happened. When Wilson Golf cancelled the orders, I was 100% ok with that. Not a big deal really. I figured it would probably take 7-10 business days for my credit card to be reimbursed. Wilson was flooded with orders and I understand that it was Labor Day weekend, so I'm ok with the delay. But, now we are going on 2 weeks and radio silence! I am a big fan of Wilson. Friends of mine are the biggest Wilson fitters in NC. But, it's hard to promote their products when the administrative side is just so incompetent!

Back