Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Cleveland Golf lineup came back with a bang a couple of weeks ago with the launch of their new Launcher XL drivers and fairway woods. Following that up was the Launcher XL Halo irons and we had a full video breakdown of that set. Today, the lineup becomes complete with the preview of the new Cleveland Launcher XL irons.

Untitled-18-1024x692.jpg

A couple of years ago, Cleveland released the UHX irons and we dubbed them one of the most underrated sets of the year. The new Launcher XL takes some cues from that set, but builds a different animal, one that after...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, difference groove distance depending on the iron long vs scoring. As you hit the other irons did you notice a difference because of the grooves or didn't you have the opportunity for it to really showcase? Also, now I can't unsee the swing trigger.

Great video @canadan

Very interesting, difference groove distance depending on the iron long vs scoring. As you hit the other irons did you notice a difference because of the grooves or didn't you have the opportunity for it to really showcase? Also, now I can't unsee the swing trigger.

Great video @canadan

The groove changes will be subtle to the eye, but are there to assist with the different shots that one encounters. Much like we have seen with wedges the last few years.

MAINFRAME!

This addition is big time.

Also, @Canadan the video is excellent, great rundown of the applied tech and how it impacts performance.

In hand shots.

That is a nice profile. I don’t care for the badging on a personal preference level, but it fits what they’re doing segment wise perfectly.

That is a nice profile. I don’t care for the badging on a personal preference level, but it fits what they’re doing segment wise perfectly.
I'm with you on the badging. I have a 4-DW (gap) with their now previous generation UHX irons and like them a lot as I've played with them all year. The sound off of them is fantastic and it's nice to see they've kept that up with these. I do like the they've made the top line profile better. I can see the back of my irons from the 6i on up to the 3i (I purchased their 3 utility with the Recoil stiff shaft later on) and while I hit the stink out of the ball with my long irons they aren't "good" looking clubs. Luckily for me style points don't matter and only the score :). I do wish they kept simple on the back of the club though purely for aesthetics.

Great video @canadan
Ugh that trigger :ROFLMAO:

I really didn't spend a ton of time with the different irons in the set as we were grinding through quite a bit of content, but visually I had to be told by a computer screen that it was occurring (aka I didn't see it even with the three heads there). Just not really something I'd notice I guess.

I'm with you on the badging. I have a 4-DW (gap) with their now previous generation UHX irons and like them a lot as I've played with them all year. The sound off of them is fantastic and it's nice to see they've kept that up with these. I do like the they've made the top line profile better. I can see the back of my irons from the 6i on up to the 3i (I purchased their 3 utility with the Recoil stiff shaft later on) and while I hit the stink out of the ball with my long irons they aren't "good" looking clubs. Luckily for me style points don't matter and only the score :). I do wish they kept simple on the back of the club though purely for aesthetics.

It is a very interesting discussion when it comes to the badging that exists. On one hand, we hear it over and over how simple, clean and plain irons are preferred. On the other hand, literally just about every top seller in golf has badging that is more bold. So is it an internet golfer thing or is it a price point thing or is it more of "that's what is available" thing.

Sometimes I wonder if I should switch to irons like this.

The performance is there but I’m not a big fan of the looks but with an increase in forgiveness with my long irons I could possibly overlook that.

Really enjoyed that video @Canadan. These look like they could be a real hit for those looking for that profile. I think the badging looks pretty good actually.

I do have a question regarding the 8g weight in the grip. Is it in the grip or the butt of the shaft? Will this cause regripping issues I guess is what I'm getting at...

Really enjoyed that video @Canadan. These look like they could be a real hit for those looking for that profile. I think the badging looks pretty good actually.

I do have a question regarding the 8g weight in the grip. Is it in the grip or the butt of the shaft? Will this cause regripping issues I guess is what I'm getting at...
Good question. In this diagram it sort of suggests it's separate of the shaft..

1631107290800.png

It could, and we are checking to see if their best course of action, but I believe it is a pretty simple solution.

These look much better than the first version. And the badging reminds me of Tour Edge a little bit.

The first version I refer to are the launchers with the black on the back. Those didn't look so good even though black is slimming.:ROFLMAO:

It could, and we are checking to see if their best course of action, but I believe it is a pretty simple solution.
Awesome. Will be curious to see how that works. Its all minor in the grand scheme this sounds like a fantastic offering from Cleveland.

Cleveland is pulling a lot of tech from their sister companies, Srixon and XXIO, and integrating it into their clubs! Dollar for dollar, it’s kind of hard to beat! Cleveland and Tour Edge seem to be leading that budget friendly but high tech market. I like the looks of these. I think CBX and UHX looked a little better. Now, the million dollar question would be do you go Launcher XL or Launcher XL Halo?

Great video @Canadan Love the Cleveland V Sole. Looked at the Cleveland web site and wondered if you noticed any difference in performance with the short irons as they are cavity back versus hollow body for the longer irons?

Great video @Canadan Love the Cleveland V Sole. Looked at the Cleveland web site and wondered if you noticed any difference in performance with the short irons as they are cavity back versus hollow body for the longer irons?
If I get a chance to hit them again, I'll let you know. We actually recorded this some time ago, so my memory is pretty cloudy on them.

If anyone has an extra minute and wouldn't mind liking the video on YouTube, and even leaving a comment it's incredibly helpful.

Thanks so much!

I am playing the UHX and like them a lot. It surprises me, that Cleveland added Plastic and blue color to the clubs. Aesthetically, I like the UHX better but will check when they are available.
It will be interesting at what price point the set will be for sale. The UHX were really competitive, I paid $600 for six clubs.

How do these compare in size to other GI irons?

This video was really well done

Thanks Dan. Video was informative.

Great video Dan. They do sound pretty darn good which is honestly not what I would have expected. I was curious about the 8 gram weight in the grip also, specifically dealing with regripping, so I'm glad that is already being addressed.

Back