I love the T-22 wedges, but I really want some of these too....

Just got back from my first 18 holes with Adele. I got plenty of opportunities on the course today to test things out. Shots from 30-70ish out were almost automatic for me today. Each time I was able to get within around 15 feet. For where my game is right now that was huge and a giant upgrade from what life was like before Adele.

Chips on the other hand were really off for me today. Maybe I didn't notice as much when on the practice green yesterday but the ball jumps off the face a lot more than I'm used to with the 20ish yo wedge I used to use. I ended up smoking a couple all the way to the opposite side of the fringe today, ugh. It was really bad and caused a copule 'blow-up' holes. I'm not going to blame the wedge I just need to get a better feel for it.

For now, I have the weight in the toe of the club. I'm honestly not sure where I should put it so I'm going to change it around a bunch next time I go to the range to figure out which position feels best to me. I'll post more feedback as Adele and I continue to explore our idiosyncrasies.

She's still so very pretty..
IMG_1721.jpeg

As @Canadan mentioned at some point, the face is hot. That seems like the general consensus and something I noticed during my short chip session. I wasn’t hitting into a green so cannot comment on spin yet, but it felt very spinny off the face. I will definitely keep in mind how hot the face is when I put it into play on Friday!

Finally getting to swing this beauty.

2BE60F92-4AA2-4702-94E4-B69166F0BB37.jpeg7C0A745D-4901-4D41-9583-5584B3573507.jpeg5B6FE61D-2EEE-491A-BAC8-E8DBD65B2CBC.jpeg

Tell me everything.

i opted for the 50. I full swing my 50. And use it for most pitches / chips unless I need hight. I’m a let it run guy. Not a spinner.

weight in center port for firstround.
On the range it seemed to launch higher than my Hogans. Feel is not quite as soft as the hogan. On course I felt I’d hit something hot. But distance was spot on. It felt effortless through the grass on toe down chip/pitch. The is AZ so we don’t have real rough most of the time. But the Edel cuts through Bermuda. 😉

I found a reason to hit some full swings with it on course. When I poured it, I think it might prove a tisch longer than the hogan. I’m really impressed on first impressions. Looks are 🔥 🔥 🔥

I might move the weight to toe for Saturday’s round with @oumagic.

C grind for AZ and my swing.

Backyard Bermuda testing. Yep. Even in the rough, it cuts through cleanly.

AE25163F-039A-4841-AF4A-C183F97516ED.jpeg

After a bunch of testing, I've settled on leaving the weight in the heel. I took @Canadan advice and really paid attention to feels on 50-75% swings and I found the feel was much better for me in the heel than anywhere else. I really love this club. I'm seriously considering grabbing a matching 60 degree.

After a bunch of testing, I've settled on leaving the weight in the heel. I took @Canadan advice and really paid attention to feels on 50-75% swings and I found the feel was much better for me in the heel than anywhere else. I really love this club. I'm seriously considering grabbing a matching 60 degree.

The versatility of mine is impressive. I have the 50 deg C grind. I'm trying to use it everywhere. I had an unfortunate situation where i ended up in a bunker with only this wedge. so instead of walking back to the cart...I laid the wedge wide open and thumped the sand. the result was a very good recovery from the green side bunker with a 2-3 foot lip to clear. That is a shot I would have never attempted with a different 50 deg wedge. Weight is currently in the toe.

Getting a 58 C grind is really on my mind now. ;)

15 yard chip session in the yard today, I decided to do two buckets:

Weight in the heel VS weight in the toe. The winner? Weight in the toe. I was definitely more accurate and it seemed that I was hitting the ball slightly higher as well.

Between both locations I felt very accurate and have noticed my misses are more that of distance. Most misses were on line but long and I think this is due to the hot face and still trying to get to know the club.

We have a great video coming next week with @Koske breaking down the different grind options and who they might be best suited for.

We have a great video coming next week with @Koske breaking down the different grind options and who they might be best suited for.
Looking forward to hearing his thoughts. I, for one, am always interested in learning about the concepts/best uses for the different grinds at the amateur level.

I sooooo badly want to give them a test drive. I hit the ball sooooo well with my current Ping Glide 2.0 sticks, I am positive the Edel wedges would even be better after dialing in.
I am so jealous of each and every single one of you that has them
In hand. 😇

As @Canadan mentioned at some point, the face is hot. That seems like the general consensus and something I noticed during my short chip session. I wasn’t hitting into a green so cannot comment on spin yet, but it felt very spinny off the face. I will definitely keep in mind how hot the face is when I put it into play on Friday!
Can't wait to see how the spin compares to the Zipcore. If you want some longer range chipping, let me know, I might know a guy ;)

Backyard Bermuda testing. Yep. Even in the rough, it cuts through cleanly.

View attachment 9025887
Giving this pic a nudge and something I'd love to hear a lot about from each tester in their golf location/grass.

For Ohio, with the thick rough here, I really was shocked by how aggressively the ball jumped out of it. Loved that, rarely ever 'dead' out of the grass, especially when in a decent lie.

Great picture.

I am also in Ohio. Here in the SW the rough is quite thick. I’ve been going across the street to the field each morning to practice 50-60 yd shots out of it. I’m here now so might as well drop some pics and thoughts.
22ED3109-D253-40C4-83E5-3543E9B9F50D.jpeg
My ‘green’ is this area between the 3 trees. It’s about 60 yards away so a 50yd shot is just enough to bounce in there without clipping the trees.

6835ACF5-0E90-49D3-AFF8-AE378EE95E17.jpeg
I’m loving how smooth it get through the grass and now that I have the weight in the heel it seems to cut through like a knife thru butter. I can’t tell too much about spin since I’m landing in the same stuff but it feels like I’m still getting a decent amount.

Giving this pic a nudge and something I'd love to hear a lot about from each tester in their golf location/grass.

For Ohio, with the thick rough here, I really was shocked by how aggressively the ball jumped out of it. Loved that, rarely ever 'dead' out of the grass, especially when in a decent lie.

Great picture.

Most of the courses here in the desert do not have lush rough like what is in my backyard. There are places, but it tends to be thinner. This weekend i'm heading up on the high country to play in a charity scramble at a private course. I'm sure that the rough up there will be great for testing!

I took one swing with @mtbloco edel wedge on Saturday and gave it back after I hit the pin. I don’t have the budget for new wedges and didn’t want more temptation. That one swing felt fantastic and it is a beautiful club.

Most of the courses here in the desert do not have lush rough like what is in my backyard. There are places, but it tends to be thinner. This weekend i'm heading up on the high country to play in a charity scramble at a private course. I'm sure that the rough up there will be great for testing!
So what is the rough like? Very thin? Hardpan base layer?

How's the Edel doing out of that?

I took one swing with @mtbloco edel wedge on Saturday and gave it back after I hit the pin. I don’t have the budget for new wedges and didn’t want more temptation. That one swing felt fantastic and it is a beautiful club.
It's crazy how fast you can fall in love with it - I saw my buddy say the same thing after hitting one flush.

So what is the rough like? Very thin? Hardpan base layer?

How's the Edel doing out of that?

Typical is hardpan and thinner grass and shorter than your Ohio rain forest. In the practice area, I was playing around with opening the face way up and hitting higher trajectory shots. I don't have the skill set of that on course (yet), but I had decent success with it. The C grind really helps keep the leading edge low and yet not dig.

Where this wedge is really shining for me is when I have the face square and use a wide sweeping chip stroke with my weight forward. it is very predictable at getting the ball to on the green and rolling. A lot of that has to be how efficiently it glades through the grass.

It's almost overseed season, so the switch from bermuda to Rye will add another opportunity to experience versatility of this wedge.

You have much more willpower than I do. If I had one of these wedges in hand I would be begging forgiveness from the CFO. :oops:

Back