I am playing the UHX and like them a lot. It surprises me, that Cleveland added Plastic and blue color to the clubs. Aesthetically, I like the UHX better but will check when they are available.
It will be interesting at what price point the set will be for sale. The UHX were really competitive, I paid $600 for six clubs.
The price is listed in the article linked in the first post on our home page as well as our full review.

What blows my mind is the price point for these irons. With all that tech only $799 sounds like a steal to me

I think the profile looks really good. No surprise that the sound is pretty good for what they are based on what they did with UHX and working to improve. Still bugs me I couldn't convince more friends to try those criminally underrated clubs.

Good stuff. The CB part is.. interesting. I look forward to seeing them in person.

I'd game these. Always had a soft spot for Cleveland, probably dates back to wanting a 460 Launcher (that GOLD shaft) so bad, but not having the budget to make it happen. Glad to see them back in the hunt!

I play Cleveland irons (had the CBX iron set before upgrading shafts and deciding to get new clubs in my current UHX) based solely on the price to performance ratio. I don't think there's much between game improvement clubs as long as you get a shaft that works for you. Why would I want to spend more for basically the same concept of forgiveness and distance with another brand? I don't really care how they get there tech wise, it just has to work. I'm getting better and if I keep on this path I might upgrade to Srixon or whatever clubs in a year or two but as long as I'm in the GI club lane in the golf highway I'll be sticking with Cleveland. I totally get the Tour Edge comparison too, good on these companies realizing the game should be fun and not as expensive as other major brands.

This is a direct quote from another site. ““That was a correction we had to make,” admits Brunski. “The UHX irons were all metallic and monochromatic. Retailers told us customers thought they looked more like player’s distance irons than game improvement irons. We’re trying to do everything we can to signal that the Launcher XLs are really forgiving.””
They basically said the UHX irons looked too good, so people didn’t think they were GI irons, resulting in poor sales. So, Cleveland golf has intentionally made these irons less attractive to sell better?! Thoughts?

This is a direct quote from another site. ““That was a correction we had to make,” admits Brunski. “The UHX irons were all metallic and monochromatic. Retailers told us customers thought they looked more like player’s distance irons than game improvement irons. We’re trying to do everything we can to signal that the Launcher XLs are really forgiving.””
They basically said the UHX irons looked too good, so people didn’t think they were GI irons, resulting in poor sales. So, Cleveland golf has intentionally made these irons less attractive to sell better?! Thoughts?

I think that is a very poor attempt at writing something to be controversial when there was no controversy.

I think that is a very poor attempt at writing something to be controversial when there was no controversy.

Like the v sole... the cavity is not that appealing to me as I am not a big fan when OEM's use colors other than black, gray and white on their irons. I prefer black, white, gray so it matches any bag setup.
Looking forward to hitting it and the Halo irons.

Interesting! Worked for me and I do find the UHX appealing -apart from the backside visually in iron 6 and 5.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Interesting! Worked for me and I do find the UHX appealing -apart from the backside visually in iron 6 and 5.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Absolutely a deal breaker for many players visually. I can't stress enough how I absolutely nut those clubs. I hit the even worse looking 3 utility UHX with its dump truck ass end so good off of the tee. It's my 220-230 yard club when I need it to be a safe tee shot on a few tricky holes at my club. At the end of the day it's the score that counts and it's pissing my buddies off that I'm scoring better than them with unconventional looking irons LOL :)

Absolutely a deal breaker for many players visually. I can't stress enough how I absolutely nut those clubs. I hit the even worse looking 3 utility UHX with its dump truck ass end so good off of the tee. It's my 220-230 yard club when I need it to be a safe tee shot on a few tricky holes at my club. At the end of the day it's the score that counts and it's pissing my buddies off that I'm scoring better than them with unconventional looking irons LOL :)

it is not a surprise to me though that a company would add a little bit more mass in the back of the club for the irons that most people have the most amount of struggle getting airborne hitting with confidence.

End of the day though, all about lower scores. I do wonder how high I would launch these, and the laughs that may ensue.

Another nice offering from Cleveland! Great video, @Canadan.

My takeaways: I really like the v-sole - it's one thing I'm glad to see transferred between the Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO brands. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the lofts offered - For whatever reason, I was expecting them to be much stronger. And like others, I'll be interested to see what re-gripping looks like with the Action Mass CB.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that I REALLY like seeing the iron loft listed right on the club!

Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Grind off that blue backing and they're not half bad looking

Update on the questions some of you had:

If you go with a custom grip or a custom shaft in the build, it will not include the Action Mass CB. I am not entirely sure what that means when it comes time to re-grip.

Update on the questions some of you had:

If you go with a custom grip or a custom shaft in the build, it will not include the Action Mass CB. I am not entirely sure what that means when it comes time to re-grip.
Looks troubling for anyone using screw in club sensors via the butt end of the grip like Shotscope, Garmin, Arccos...

Update!

The AM CB is in the shaft, not the grip. Changing your grips will not be an issue.

Are these in stores yet?

Back