Should You Consider a Putter Fitting?

I got putter fitting at CC this year and just wanted the data. I was surprised. The guy basically said I did not need anything. Said my putting stroke was money. Must say I was shocked at that, but glad it was good. Just wished I could make more putts :ROFLMAO:
I feel that. Super nice to get that validation though, I'm sure.

I feel that. Super nice to get that validation though, I'm sure.
It definitely was. I was super glad the data was good and also helped with the confidence, however it meant I needed to buckle down and work harder on putting practice.

Im personally not a fan of putter fitting. To me, it just comes across as yet another way to sell people on a new club. To anyone who has done it and felt like it helped their game, great. Im not a believer though.
So loft, lie, length, weight, etc have no bearing on your putting? I’m jealous.

Fittings for putting aren’t about sales, just as i mentioned in the article you read. ;)

I got putter fitting at CC this year and just wanted the data. I was surprised. The guy basically said I did not need anything. Said my putting stroke was money. Must say I was shocked at that, but glad it was good. Just wished I could make more putts :ROFLMAO:
Isn’t it nice to have that comfort thought?

great write up, I just had a putter and shhort game fitting today. Saw results right away , distance and direction was much better after the fitting

Isn’t it nice to have that comfort thought?
Yes, in my opinion it was gold. Added some confidence and took some of the focus off of am I doing the right thing thoughts whirling around in my head with my putting.

great write up, I just had a putter and shhort game fitting today. Saw results right away , distance and direction was much better after the fitting
That’s awesome!!!

The short answer is yes I should. I have done one but it would be worth doing again.

That’s awesome!!!
I will put it to the test this weekend at a tough track with multi tier greens with lots of speed.

I will put it to the test this weekend at a tough track with multi tier greens with lots of speed.
Love it dude. Be sure to report back!

I totally want to do a putter fitting at some point. I know what I like in a putter, but I would love to know from a professional what I should play. I will make it happen at some point, just gotta figure out when/where.

Completed a putter fitting at Club Champion in southern AZ yesterday during their free fitting if you buy a putter. It was an extremely eye opening experience. The data revealed the exact opposite of what I thought I already knew. The fitter was honest and wasn't trying to push anything on me. I was so surprised I'll be back in two weeks for a full bag fitting.

Completed a putter fitting at Club Champion in southern AZ yesterday during their free fitting if you buy a putter. It was an extremely eye opening experience. The data revealed the exact opposite of what I thought I already knew. The fitter was honest and wasn't trying to push anything on me. I was so surprised I'll be back in two weeks for a full bag fitting.
What were you fit into?

Ooh! Now I’m curious! What shape did you end up in? What were you expecting to end up in?

What were you fit into?
Ooh! Now I’m curious! What shape did you end up in? What were you expecting to end up in?

LAB DF 2.1. Fitter said the blade would work too but during the session the mallet was rolling better and I preferred the feel. I went in with zero expectations honestly and was just going to follow the data to the putter that worked best with my stroke.

I think it was the center shaft that changed it all for me. I was using a single bend SC Squareback and my eyes were not on top of the ball they were before (between toes and ball). When he had me address the ball with my putter and eyes on top of the ball, I had the sensation I was going to fall face first onto the floor.

Soon as he put the center shaft LAB in my hand and I addressed the ball, the falling sensation went away and I felt comfortable.

I was fitted at club champion in may. I was amazed at the amount of information that was given. One of my questions to my fitter was ,like jman length of putter. I tried 33 to 34 , everything else being equal, I went with 34 inches, my length i've always used. My putting has improved especially my lag putting.

My putting has has improved tremendously since I had a fitting and impromptu lesson at Club Champion a couple months ago.

and I mean I have NEVER putt this well.
I have made more putts over 10 feet in the last month, than I did all of last year combined.

Last edited:
My putting has has improved tremendously since I had a fitting and impromptu lesson at Club Champion a couple months ago.

and I mean I have NEVER putt this well.
I have made more putts over 10 feet in the last month, than I did all of last year combined.
What was the key for you in that experience?

What was the key for you in that experience?

I had a very consistent putter swing, but found that I flipped a bit at impact, throwing a lot of loft, and could over rotate the face.
I don’t have a large arc, so any excess rotation amplified a miss.

so my fitter recommended:

- minimal to no toe hang (face balanced mallets worked best)
- less pressure with my right hand (let the left hand do the work)
- forward press a little

I had a very consistent putter swing, but found that I flipped a bit at impact, throwing a lot of loft, and could over rotate the face.
I don’t have a large arc, so any excess rotation amplified a miss.

so my fitter recommended:

- minimal to no toe hang (face balanced mallets worked best)
- less pressure with my right hand (let the left hand do the work)
- forward press a little
or if you tend to throw loft get a Cobra Sik faced putter #companyman :cool:

Back