Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Well it is August 31st and still no Motocaddy to use. I did contact and finally receive a call from you and followed your instructions. I waited a week for the box to return the item and shipped it back to you the following day. I waited another week for an update and received nothing. I emailed you again for a status on Friday and received a message this past Sunday saying it will be fixed early next week. I am at the point where I would either like a refund or a substitute (like the MGI Navigator I bought for my wife) for this caddy. I purchased this on June 5th and still do not have a working unit. The seller said they would do nothing for me since it has been more than 30 days since I bought it, so I am asking you to resolve by the end of this week. Otherwise, I will contact my credit card company and report it for a refund.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this because I was expecting a lot more from Motocaddy.
Perhaps the MCI Navigator Quad will be in my future next year... you know that you can rely on Costco will make thing right when needed.

Well it is August 31st and still no Motocaddy to use. I did contact and finally receive a call from you and followed your instructions. I waited a week for the box to return the item and shipped it back to you the following day. I waited another week for an update and received nothing. I emailed you again for a status on Friday and received a message this past Sunday saying it will be fixed early next week. I am at the point where I would either like a refund or a substitute (like the MGI Navigator I bought for my wife) for this caddy. I purchased this on June 5th and still do not have a working unit. The seller said they would do nothing for me since it has been more than 30 days since I bought it, so I am asking you to resolve by the end of this week. Otherwise, I will contact my credit card company and report it for a refund.

A)That stinks, so yeah I understand the frustration.
B)I'm not sure this is the place to give an ultimatum
C)Why didn't the wholesaler send you a new unit instead of just a new controller box?

A)That stinks, so yeah I understand the frustration.
B)I'm not sure this is the place to give an ultimatum
C)Why didn't the wholesaler send you a new unit instead of just a new controller box?
Putting comments on this forum is the only epway I receive a timely response from Motocaddy.
They contacted me the day after saying they “fixed” the unit and are sending back to me again. Stay tuned.

The dizziness/lightheaded feeling is gone (apparently inner-ear infections brought on by other problems can make you feel like a college student during homecoming week, but without all the fun) and I was finally able to go to the course and smack a few balls around. 😄

Took the M7 out for 9-holes. While it took a few holes to get swinging OK again the M7 was a joy. This weekend was perfect weather so it was good getting out for a nice walk around the course. I didn't bother to charge the battery before I went out because I had charged it just before I got sick a couple weeks ago and well, I had no issues with the battery. The only bummer of the day was I forgot to bring my Motocaddy seat. Not having a seat on the course wasn't the issue...but I've been keeping my gloves and a few other things in there (the seat opens up for storage). Luckily I found a spare glove in my Dry-Series bag.

I certainly had some reservations about using one of these heading into this testing. Some are silly, but still concerns....

1)Getting it into and out of the car - Non-issue for me. The two vehicles we have are a Tacoma and a Rogue. Easy in and out for both. With the Tacoma I have to make sure the phone mount is collapsed down so it comfortably fits under my tonneau cover. Weight-wise, yes it's heavier than my normal carts. I don't know if my father would be up for doing it day in and day out, but I was good for it.

2)Running out of battery - This is definitely more on the user end and I don't trust myself. I got pretty diligent about charging the battery after each round. The remote charges quickly enough and I started usually doing it in the car on the way to the course. Knowing I can use the USB port on the cart to charge is cool.

3)Would I really see a difference? - YES. I felt so much better after rounds using this. Who would have thought pushing took that much out of you haha

4)Would I tip it or drive it into a lake? - Thankfully, no lake. I did tip it once and it was in a spot where I would have never thought it would happen. Just kind of hit a bump while I was turning and over it went. Going up hills? No issues.

5)Would I get teased? - Ok this one is funny, but there is always some sort of self-confidence part when changing to something "different." The reception of me using this in league play and random play was so overwhelmingly positive. People were pretty much in awe of seeing it go. So many questions about it that I felt like I was a salesman at times.

I have more, but I'll just leave it at these for right now...

I certainly had some reservations about using one of these heading into this testing. Some are silly, but still concerns....

1)Getting it into and out of the car - Non-issue for me. The two vehicles we have are a Tacoma and a Rogue. Easy in and out for both. With the Tacoma I have to make sure the phone mount is collapsed down so it comfortably fits under my tonneau cover. Weight-wise, yes it's heavier than my normal carts. I don't know if my father would be up for doing it day in and day out, but I was good for it.

2)Running out of battery - This is definitely more on the user end and I don't trust myself. I got pretty diligent about charging the battery after each round. The remote charges quickly enough and I started usually doing it in the car on the way to the course. Knowing I can use the USB port on the cart to charge is cool.

3)Would I really see a difference? - YES. I felt so much better after rounds using this. Who would have thought pushing took that much out of you haha

4)Would I tip it or drive it into a lake? - Thankfully, no lake. I did tip it once and it was in a spot where I would have never thought it would happen. Just kind of hit a bump while I was turning and over it went. Going up hills? No issues.

5)Would I get teased? - Ok this one is funny, but there is always some sort of self-confidence part when changing to something "different." The reception of me using this in league play and random play was so overwhelmingly positive. People were pretty much in awe of seeing it go. So many questions about it that I felt like I was a salesman at times.

Oh these look like fun. I’ll play!

1. I had a little issue getting the cart out of my trunk. Yes it is heavy, but it is quite lighter when you remove the battery during transport, like you were supposed to anyway. It is a little cumbersome, but it is still lighter than a travel bag when you are going to the airport.

2. I let it run three rounds once by accident, and that was about as low as I have ever let the battery get. Thankfully, it gets better than described battery life so even though I was clearly playing with fire, I was still OK.

3. I absolutely saw a difference with regards to my stamina and fatigue after the round. I could contemplate going another 18, I was just smart enough to never do so :)

4. I haven’t been worried about driving it into a lake, because I never let it get that far away from me just the same. The only time it has tipped over was when I actively tested if I could even tip the thing over. That wheelie bar really does some nice things to save it from going for a drop.

5. I have had many people comment on the cart, making fun of it was never what was said. A lot of it has been praise, and some of it has been questions about where I got it. Politely, what’s to make fun of? I’m actively exercising and doing it in a way easier and more fun way. Enjoy your cart path only day!

I love it! Like @MWard I play too.

1)Getting it into and out of the car - I have a Hyundai Genesis and a Prius V. Zero issues with the Prius with it being a hatch back. With the Genesis it gets a little tricky with room for the golf bag and the rest of my stuff. I can see how it would be a little heavy for some, but I had no issues with the weight. That doesn't mean I would want to carry it across the parking lot, but it wasn't too bad.

2)Running out of battery - Never happened, and I pushed it. I think I've gone 54 holes once without charging it and it was pretty much done by the time I got it back to the car. I don't use the USB charger and in Coastal NC it's flat. My course is pretty short at 6500 from the tips, so that helped. I would recommend charging it every other round, but again, it would be based on distance and terrain.

3)Would I really see a difference? - Absofreakinlutly! I play a lot of solo rounds and use a push cart. My back won't let me carry and I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for carts, especially for a solo round. I've said it previously in this thread that I wouldn't buy this. Now that I own it, yes, I would make the investment and not feel bad about it a single bit. After a round I'm not nearly as beat and I still have energy to play with my kids, and help the wife out around the house.

4)Would I tip it or drive it into a lake? - Lake? Nope, not a chance. My home course has 13 holes with water, and some of them are two ponds on the same hole. Didn't have it close enough to even worry about it at all. Tip it? Yes I did. Full disclosure I DID IT ON PURPOSE (sort of) to test out what it took to make it tip. Will it tip under normal use? Not a chance.

5)Would I get teased? - Everyone that has seen it so far wants it. The most comments I get is "That thing is cool!" I'm the guy every walker at my course is jealous of.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I love this thing. The only down side I have right now is my wife cleaned the house, and I can't find the charging cable for it. Thankfully it's sitting at a full charge right now.

I'll have a go with the same questions and hopefully post a few different ones later on.

1. Getting the cart in/out of vehicles was easier than I thought it would be. Somewhere in the first few pages of this thread I posted photos of the M7 in my vehicles (smallish sedan and truck). While, yes, I have to turn some of the accessories when putting it in my car the M7 folds up small enough that I can fit both the cart and my bag in the trunk, which I couldn't do with my old pull/push cart (think BagBoy M-350 style). I still have my routine (turn cart, then pull it out) for the car trunk but truck I just fold up and lift it in. I pick it up with both hands, set on tailgate, then roll into place.

2. I'm really a slacker about charging the battery. I haven't gotten burned yet but when I do it will be no one's fault but my own. Battery does last much longer than I thought it would and I think that's why I became slacker about it haha. Remote charges quick with my iPhone power adapter. One thing I thought about going into testing is how awful it would be for the battery to die mid-round and having to push the cart the rest of the way. While that hasn't happened yet I will say the few times I've pushed it (parking lots or into my garage while unloading etc etc) it hasn't been the awful experience I thought it'd be, so I no longer fear having to push it during a round if need be.

3. Hehe, yep I noticed a difference. I think the best part is arms/shoulders. I do feel better after rounds.

4. I was worried about tipping it over...I still haven't tipped it. Water I'm not worried about. I fully trust the remote. When rolling past hazards (like water) I do prefer to be behind the cart though. I must admit when the cart is coming towards me I still get the right/left buttons vs. direction mixed up sometimes.

5. I wondered about this when I started testing. Courses where I live, nope I haven't been teased or anything. I've gotten plenty of questions about it usually followed with a "cool." I also play courses in my hometown where my parents still live and I have found a few jokers there, but I fully expected that. My favorite one still is "how much did you pay for that?" "Nothing, I'm testing it for THP, a golf website." *guy takes a better look at it and my bag, then my irons* "huh, you probably should have asked them to test new clubs instead." Overall it's been pretty positive in the comments department though. People enjoy seeing new toys.

I'll have a go with the same questions and hopefully post a few different ones later on.

1. Getting the cart in/out of vehicles was easier than I thought it would be. Somewhere in the first few pages of this thread I posted photos of the M7 in my vehicles (smallish sedan and truck). While, yes, I have to turn some of the accessories when putting it in my car the M7 folds up small enough that I can fit both the cart and my bag in the trunk, which I couldn't do with my old pull/push cart (think BagBoy M-350 style). I still have my routine (turn cart, then pull it out) for the car trunk but truck I just fold up and lift it in. I pick it up with both hands, set on tailgate, then roll into place.

2. I'm really a slacker about charging the battery. I haven't gotten burned yet but when I do it will be no one's fault but my own. Battery does last much longer than I thought it would and I think that's why I became slacker about it haha. Remote charges quick with my iPhone power adapter. One thing I thought about going into testing is how awful it would be for the battery to die mid-round and having to push the cart the rest of the way. While that hasn't happened yet I will say the few times I've pushed it (parking lots or into my garage while unloading etc etc) it hasn't been the awful experience I thought it'd be, so I no longer fear having to push it during a round if need be.

3. Hehe, yep I noticed a difference. I think the best part is arms/shoulders. I do feel better after rounds.

4. I was worried about tipping it over...I still haven't tipped it. Water I'm not worried about. I fully trust the remote. When rolling past hazards (like water) I do prefer to be behind the cart though. I must admit when the cart is coming towards me I still get the right/left buttons vs. direction mixed up sometimes.

5. I wondered about this when I started testing. Courses where I live, nope I haven't been teased or anything. I've gotten plenty of questions about it usually followed with a "cool." I also play courses in my hometown where my parents still live and I have found a few jokers there, but I fully expected that. My favorite one still is "how much did you pay for that?" "Nothing, I'm testing it for THP, a golf website." *guy takes a better look at it and my bag, then my irons* "huh, you probably should have asked them to test new clubs instead." Overall it's been pretty positive in the comments department though. People enjoy seeing new toys.

1. Loading and unloading. Not. A. Problem. Subaru outback and there is plenty of room for my clubs, tools, and the tonneau cover goes over everything just fine.
2. Running out of battery. Not. An. Issue. I am pretty good about charging the battery before league nights. I had an 18 hole round where I wasnt expecting to use my cart and it made it through that no problem. I just finished walking 18 and here is the battery meter.
20210908_163235.jpg
I am playing 9 more and will update again.
3. Have I noticed a difference? You bet. I got a light weight bag for Christmas so I could walk and save on cart fees at the club. The motocaddy has made it even better. Once I figured out how to secure the bag so it didn't twist, it was the bomb. No tension or fatigue in my shoulders or back. I love this freaking thing.
4. Was I worried about tipping it over? You bet. Our course is pretty hilly. I have tipped it on wet grass going uphill. Tipped it into a bunker. But the thing is a tank. No damage.
5. Would I get teased? I was worried a touch, but everyone has loved this thing. My wife teased me a bit, but when we walked and she drove it, she loved it. I have had many members ask me about it, and have expressed interest in buying one. Now I'm robot cart guy haha.

had this in the cart today at Budget. Didn't click buy with who knows how much season is left here depending on how long the weather holds out. But this is an absolute purchase next season because of this thread

had this in the cart today at Budget. Didn't click buy with who knows how much season is left here depending on how long the weather holds out. But this is an absolute purchase next season because of this thread
I say this to not add any pressure at all but rather just for information. I’m not entirely sure that the coupon will continue to work next year. With that said maybe they go down in price.

I’m not entirely sure that the coupon will continue to work next year
Well why the heck not :ROFLMAO: If you can tell me it will work till December, I may buy myself a luxury Christmas present lol

Same here, for weeks and weeks. I'm really anxious to read the feedback from @Snickerdog on whichever electric caddy he buys and reviews. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Same here, for weeks and weeks. I'm really anxious to read the feedback from @Snickerdog on whichever electric caddy he buys and reviews. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Oh it's going to happen this winter. Used my pushcart the other day in the heat and by the time I was done, I was already adding electric cart to the christmas present list.

I wish it had a speed 4.5 for my short legs. I can catch it on 4, and 5 is just a bit too fast for me.

See I'm between 5 and 6 just the same. I find it probably better for me energy wise to walk a little slower than to keep up with it at 6. Or when in doubt, just let it go ahead a bit and then just slow it down and let it catch up.

I wish it had a speed 4.5 for my short legs. I can catch it on 4, and 5 is just a bit too fast for me.
See I'm between 5 and 6 just the same. I find it probably better for me energy wise to walk a little slower than to keep up with it at 6. Or when in doubt, just let it go ahead a bit and then just slow it down and let it catch up.
I'm between 4 and 5 as well. I find myself doing what mward does...let it get a little ahead of me on 5 then slow it down to 4 when I get closer to the ball so I can catch up.

Dont ask me how I know, but this thing is bulletproof. Tipped it again into a... hazard of sorts... and it didn't skip a beat.

I've been meaning to do this for a little while but I haven't yet, so now is as good a time as any. I wanted to mention which accessories I use...basically my M7 setup. The "essential accessory pack" we were sent has a cupholder, device mount, umbrella holder, and scorecard holder. We also received an XL cupholder when it became available.

Cupholder/Cupholder XL: I usually use the regular cupholder from the accessory pack. I have tried out both and both work for my needs. On-course beverage for me is usually 16.9 fl oz plastic bottle of water. Yep, the basic plastic bottles in the 24-packs you can get at almost any store. I put some bottles in the cooler pocket of the bag and switch them out as I drink them so when I get home I can just toss the empty ones in the recycle bin. The regular cupholder is good for that size bottle. The XL works as well but the bottle flops around a little more. The XL is great for the times I use my metal bottle but I must admit that's not as often. The XL seems stronger than the regular cupholder, but I haven't had issues with either one.

Umbrella holder: I tried it a couple times but I don't usually use it. I'm not an umbrella user. When I carried or had a push cart I didn't use an umbrella then either. I would definitely use the umbrella holder if I ever decided to get a USB-powered stroller fan (with the octopus arms that wrap around a pole for mounting) as the tube would be a perfect mount for the fan.

Device holder: My favorite accessory. I use apps on my phone while playing so having my phone right there in front of me is great. The device holder holds my phone securely and I haven't run into any issues with it. It's easy to turn the phone to portrait or landscape also. If I want to send the M7 ahead to the next tee before finishing a hole I take my phone out of the holder and put it in my pocket so that I can input the data for my putts while walking to the tee.

Scorecard holder: Ah the scorecard holder. Something so simple but yet I couldn't understand it at first. I showed earlier in the thread how I completely missed the drawer at the bottom of it. Since then it's been attached to the M7. I keep two balls and a few tees in the drawer. Scorecard and pencil on top, of course. Before I figured out the drawer I came up with a small bucket to use to store things while playing. The problem with the bucket was that I had to remove everything from it when I was packing up. The scorecard holder drawer I can leave the spare balls and tees in there.

Seat: There was some talk in this thread about if the Motocaddy had a seat since a competitor has one. Well, sure enough Motocaddy does have seats. It seemed too cool so I found one available at an online shop and bought it. Turns out having a seat is pretty cool and comes in handy when things are moving slowly. The seat also opens up for even more storage. Between the scorecard holder, seat, and the bag I have more than enough storage. I was worried about stability when sitting on it but that hasn't been an issue.

To sum up: regular cupholder, device holder, scorecard holder, and the seat are my go-to accessories for the M7.

I've been meaning to do this for a little while but I haven't yet, so now is as good a time as any. I wanted to mention which accessories I use...basically my M7 setup. The "essential accessory pack" we were sent has a cupholder, device mount, umbrella holder, and scorecard holder. We also received an XL cupholder when it became available.

Cupholder/Cupholder XL: I usually use the regular cupholder from the accessory pack. I have tried out both and both work for my needs. On-course beverage for me is usually 16.9 fl oz plastic bottle of water. Yep, the basic plastic bottles in the 24-packs you can get at almost any store. I put some bottles in the cooler pocket of the bag and switch them out as I drink them so when I get home I can just toss the empty ones in the recycle bin. The regular cupholder is good for that size bottle. The XL works as well but the bottle flops around a little more. The XL is great for the times I use my metal bottle but I must admit that's not as often. The XL seems stronger than the regular cupholder, but I haven't had issues with either one.

Umbrella holder: I tried it a couple times but I don't usually use it. I'm not an umbrella user. When I carried or had a push cart I didn't use an umbrella then either. I would definitely use the umbrella holder if I ever decided to get a USB-powered stroller fan (with the octopus arms that wrap around a pole for mounting) as the tube would be a perfect mount for the fan.

Device holder: My favorite accessory. I use apps on my phone while playing so having my phone right there in front of me is great. The device holder holds my phone securely and I haven't run into any issues with it. It's easy to turn the phone to portrait or landscape also. If I want to send the M7 ahead to the next tee before finishing a hole I take my phone out of the holder and put it in my pocket so that I can input the data for my putts while walking to the tee.

Scorecard holder: Ah the scorecard holder. Something so simple but yet I couldn't understand it at first. I showed earlier in the thread how I completely missed the drawer at the bottom of it. Since then it's been attached to the M7. I keep two balls and a few tees in the drawer. Scorecard and pencil on top, of course. Before I figured out the drawer I came up with a small bucket to use to store things while playing. The problem with the bucket was that I had to remove everything from it when I was packing up. The scorecard holder drawer I can leave the spare balls and tees in there.

Seat: There was some talk in this thread about if the Motocaddy had a seat since a competitor has one. Well, sure enough Motocaddy does have seats. It seemed too cool so I found one available at an online shop and bought it. Turns out having a seat is pretty cool and comes in handy when things are moving slowly. The seat also opens up for even more storage. Between the scorecard holder, seat, and the bag I have more than enough storage. I was worried about stability when sitting on it but that hasn't been an issue.

To sum up: regular cupholder, device holder, scorecard holder, and the seat are my go-to accessories for the M7.
Thanks for taking the time to share this, @rumstove . Much appreciated!

As a MotoCaddy user almost exclusively now, I find the device something I never thought I would use, until the first round with it and now cannot figure if I could go back if I had to? :D

Back