It sits so level with the ground, impact seems easy. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is the best descriptor I have.
That's a good way to describe it from my experience. To me I feel like the scallop plays a big part of it. It sits clean on tighter lies with the relief but allows the bounce to work when you need it.

I had one last night I thought I nipped too long but it checked up fast just a few feet past the hole.

I used one of these yesterday around the greens and still think it spins as much or more than anything I have tried this year. It sits so level with the ground, impact seems easy. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is the best descriptor I have.

Variable or OL?

I think it’s a great looking wedge.

9FDFB9DA-0428-48C6-A7B3-4B923189B8B6.jpeg

I really love mine, especially since I have transitioned to only chipping with my 52*. 58* also works great if I really put myself in a bad spot greenside

Switching from the Recoil 95 graphite to Modus 120 steel has made a big difference for me with chipping. The snakebites are very consistent for me.

With the 54 deg which handles the majority of my work, graphite was up/down at a 28% clip with an average distance of 22' to the pin. With steel, up/down increased to 47% with the same average distance. (if you take out a wet, soggy course that I lost all confidence and chili-dipped my way around all day, the proximity to the pin jumps to 12').

Comparing the wedge overall to my old gamers, my up and down percent was 29% last year.

Jumping from 29% to 47% speaks to the consistency of these wedges. Some of that is an increase in putting to be sure, but the number of putt/round haven't moved much.

Reactions: JB
That’s a great looking wedge.
I kinda want to put some translucent red paint around the snake eyes, might be a winter project once the snow shows up

I kinda want to put some translucent red paint around the snake eyes, might be a winter project once the snow shows up
Oh you wild. I dig it!

I love this wedge. Easy to open up. Very consistent. It took a few swings to feel like it was my best friend.

I’ve been playing these for a few months now, and have found them to be super reliable and predictable from a variety of lies. The wife and low 58 with full face milling is absolutely phenomenal from a green side bunker.

These are really good wedges. Wedges are kind of wedges, but these do have a couple of things that stand out from the pack. The scallop allows the wedge to present really nicely behind the ball, especially on tight turf. The full face grooves going to the 56* allow golfers like me that have absolutely no need for a lob wedge to get the versatility benefit at a SW loft. This frees up another spot in my bag to help with long distance shot making.

These are really good wedges. Wedges are kind of wedges, but these do have a couple of things that stand out from the pack. The scallop allows the wedge to present really nicely behind the ball, especially on tight turf. The full face grooves going to the 56* allow golfers like me that have absolutely no need for a lob wedge to get the versatility benefit at a SW loft. This frees up another spot in my bag to help with long distance shot making.
What lofts did you go with again Dude of the Data?

Reeeeeeally excited to get to work with these, will need to do some bending to hit my gaps how I like, but thats easy peasy.

I finally caved and picked up a 60 deg wide low. Don't think it will make Vegas but have enjoyed the 58 versatile full face enough that having it's sibling for courses with conditions I need a little more pop or the low bounce will provide benefit.

Went with a few custom specs and got the shipping notification in two days. Great work by the Cobra custom department to get it turned around.

A few months back Cobra released the King Cobra wedges with SnakeBite Technology. If you missed that announcement, we have you covered with a full preview here. Early reviews from THP Forum members have been stellar, so we brought them into the Tech Studio for another episode of TESTED!

In this video we start off with some technology talk, then hop into the hitting bay for some swings. Finally, we will walk you through the information that the Foresight GCQuad presented and give you some final thoughts.

This episode is full of information and data. Can the King Cobra wedges stand up to the competition? Do they offer quality feel and sound that one expects out of their scoring and short game clubs?

Continue reading...

Today….is wedge arrival day….and this kick ass video from my guy @Canadan need a bump!

I finally got to see the Snake Bite wedges in person yesterday. I think I wouldn't mind the full grooves in a 58* or 60* but also have to admit...the rusty raw wedges are growing on me :oops:

I finally got to see the Snake Bite wedges in person yesterday. I think I wouldn't mind the full grooves in a 58* or 60* but also have to admit...the rusty raw wedges are growing on me :oops:
Whoa whoa whoa.... slow down with the rusty stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa.... slow down with the rusty stuff.
Helps with glare?:ROFLMAO:

I still think it looks dirty and I try to clean it but its better than being blinded by the light

Back