Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

As a MotoCaddy user almost exclusively now, I find the device something I never thought I would use, until the first round with it and now cannot figure if I could go back if I had to? :D

You and me both. It was never something I thought I would use. Now, I don't want to walk without it.

Ok. Dean. That article has now officially pondering one. I’ll admit I scoffed at the idea, a lot, but I sort of get it now!

I have zero urge to walk without using this. The cooler months are about to start(in two months) and I’m pretty excited about this. I may also just be excited for not playing golf in the mid 90’s.

Ok. Dean. That article has now officially pondering one. I’ll admit I scoffed at the idea, a lot, but I sort of get it now!

As much as you play and walk...it seems like a no-brainer. You might need a 2nd batter though because you are a mad man

As much as you play and walk...it seems like a no-brainer. You might need a 2nd batter though because you are a mad man
Bahahahaha! I’ve been called less accurate things! :LOL:

James, I've actually bought several things from your recommendations on this forum. Seriously, this thing is awesome. For a not so old guy with a bad back I can honestly say this is MY golf game changer. If you read my comments, I've gone 4 rounds without a charge on a flat course, but I don't recommend it. So for you, I would say carry the morning round(s) and use this in the afternoon round(s). You will have more energy with the kids when they get home from school and such.

Umbrella holder: I tried it a couple times but I don't usually use it. I'm not an umbrella user. When I carried or had a push cart I didn't use an umbrella then either. I would definitely use the umbrella holder if I ever decided to get a USB-powered stroller fan (with the octopus arms that wrap around a pole for mounting) as the tube would be a perfect mount for the fan.

I've only used the umbrella holder twice for an actual umbrella. I am using it all the time to hold onto headcovers. I especially like it for my putter cover, since it tends to slide down into my bag when I am sending my cart toward the next tee.

It’s funny, I use my umbrella holder every round so I can always have a shady place to stand while waiting. Why wait in the sun?

It’s funny, I use my umbrella holder every round so I can always have a shady place to stand while waiting. Why wait in the sun?
What is this sun you keep mentioning?

I've been meaning to do this for a little while but I haven't yet, so now is as good a time as any. I wanted to mention which accessories I use...basically my M7 setup. The "essential accessory pack" we were sent has a cupholder, device mount, umbrella holder, and scorecard holder. We also received an XL cupholder when it became available.

Cupholder/Cupholder XL: I usually use the regular cupholder from the accessory pack. I have tried out both and both work for my needs. On-course beverage for me is usually 16.9 fl oz plastic bottle of water. Yep, the basic plastic bottles in the 24-packs you can get at almost any store. I put some bottles in the cooler pocket of the bag and switch them out as I drink them so when I get home I can just toss the empty ones in the recycle bin. The regular cupholder is good for that size bottle. The XL works as well but the bottle flops around a little more. The XL is great for the times I use my metal bottle but I must admit that's not as often. The XL seems stronger than the regular cupholder, but I haven't had issues with either one.

Umbrella holder: I tried it a couple times but I don't usually use it. I'm not an umbrella user. When I carried or had a push cart I didn't use an umbrella then either. I would definitely use the umbrella holder if I ever decided to get a USB-powered stroller fan (with the octopus arms that wrap around a pole for mounting) as the tube would be a perfect mount for the fan.

Device holder: My favorite accessory. I use apps on my phone while playing so having my phone right there in front of me is great. The device holder holds my phone securely and I haven't run into any issues with it. It's easy to turn the phone to portrait or landscape also. If I want to send the M7 ahead to the next tee before finishing a hole I take my phone out of the holder and put it in my pocket so that I can input the data for my putts while walking to the tee.

Scorecard holder: Ah the scorecard holder. Something so simple but yet I couldn't understand it at first. I showed earlier in the thread how I completely missed the drawer at the bottom of it. Since then it's been attached to the M7. I keep two balls and a few tees in the drawer. Scorecard and pencil on top, of course. Before I figured out the drawer I came up with a small bucket to use to store things while playing. The problem with the bucket was that I had to remove everything from it when I was packing up. The scorecard holder drawer I can leave the spare balls and tees in there.

Seat: There was some talk in this thread about if the Motocaddy had a seat since a competitor has one. Well, sure enough Motocaddy does have seats. It seemed too cool so I found one available at an online shop and bought it. Turns out having a seat is pretty cool and comes in handy when things are moving slowly. The seat also opens up for even more storage. Between the scorecard holder, seat, and the bag I have more than enough storage. I was worried about stability when sitting on it but that hasn't been an issue.

To sum up: regular cupholder, device holder, scorecard holder, and the seat are my go-to accessories for the M7.

I'm with you on the umbrella holder. I just don't need it. It's nice to have, and I'll use it while I hit my shot, but then I grab my umbrella and I send my cart way ahead.

Man this would be so cool to have, if I was a walker this seems like a no brainer!

Great review Dean!! #enjoythewalk

appreciate it. Also, shout out to the fellas in this thread who have done a solid job of answering questions and getting their experiences out there.

Well done on the review @ddec! And well done to all the THPers who have contributed in here. This thread has been a must follow for me and I don't even have one of these (yet)

Well done on the review @ddec! And well done to all the THPers who have contributed in here. This thread has been a must follow for me and I don't even have one of these (yet)
It's been great to follow. And all of the questions I had have been answered. Well done reviewers.

I am using it all the time to hold onto headcovers. I especially like it for my putter cover, since it tends to slide down into my bag when I am sending my cart toward the next tee.
Well now that's an idea I haven't thought of before! I'll have to put the holder back on and give that a try.

Well now that's an idea I haven't thought of before! I'll have to put the holder back on and give that a try.
I just always leave it on, and just align it with the center tube when I get ready to store it folded. Makes it so easy.

I've only used the umbrella holder twice for an actual umbrella. I am using it all the time to hold onto headcovers. I especially like it for my putter cover, since it tends to slide down into my bag when I am sending my cart toward the next tee.

dude. Dude. DUde. DUDe. DUDE!!!!!

Why did I never think of that?

I've mentioned it earlier in this thread too.

Whew, I'm not the only one haha.

That's the funny thing about that essential accessory pack. Before it arrived I was excited about the device holder and the cupholder, the other two things meh. Then found the scorecard holder is awesome as well and it never leaves the M7. Now I'm weirdly excited to try the umbrella holder again too. I'll have all 4 accessories on the M7 again.

Back