I think that is a very poor attempt at writing something to be controversial when there was no controversy.

But it was / is controversial! Some of us wonders why the colorful design of the clubs emerged. And the explanation was interesting.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

But it was / is controversial! Some of us wonders why the colorful design of the clubs emerged. And the explanation was interesting.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
If it were factual sure. Im not here to bash someone elses writing, I dont care where it came from or who wrote it (I honestly dont know). The quote is accurate, the summary, post quote is ******* nonsense.

I LOVE my UHXs, and I imagine these are a great option as well. I'm not a big fan of the badging either, which is odd because I usually like a more boldly badged club. This one just doesn't look right to me, but it certainly wouldn't impact a purchase decision.

I know the CB weight is in the shaft. Does that prevent tracking tags from working with the stock grips?

It is a very interesting discussion when it comes to the badging that exists. On one hand, we hear it over and over how simple, clean and plain irons are preferred. On the other hand, literally just about every top seller in golf has badging that is more bold. So is it an internet golfer thing or is it a price point thing or is it more of "that's what is available" thing.

Are most of the top sellers GI/SGI irons? I would imagine so, and I think that would explain why the big sellers are also boldly badged. The simple, clean look works well on a player's CB or blade style. When you add big cavities, undercuts, and chunky soles, though, a club looks weird without something to fill that space.

the sound in the video was really nice. these also look much better than almost any other gi iron i can think of. very good video, and very intriguing product.

Are most of the top sellers GI/SGI irons? I would imagine so, and I think that would explain why the big sellers are also boldly badged. The simple, clean look works well on a player's CB or blade style. When you add big cavities, undercuts, and chunky soles, though, a club looks weird without something to fill that space.
That is correct. Not entirely so, but in a general picture of the market, yes.

the sound in the video was really nice. these also look much better than almost any other gi iron i can think of. very good video, and very intriguing product.
Glad you enjoyed!

It's been really fun to see Cleveland flex with UHX and now these.

Update!

The AM CB is in the shaft, not the grip. Changing your grips will not be an issue.
I asked this question on Cleveland's Facebook page and their response was that it is under the grip not in the shaft.

I asked this question on Cleveland's Facebook page and their response was that it is under the grip not in the shaft.
That answer came straight from our call with R&D and communications today. I will cut one off tomorrow, but I’m pretty confident in their answer.

I'm pretty sure this is a set that I could game without any hesitation. Just look so good in all the video and photos I've seen. Although I feel like the ball will sound different when I hit it vs when Dan hits them haha

That answer came straight from our call with R&D and communications today. I will cut one off tomorrow, but I’m pretty confident in their answer.
I'm sure your contact is more reliable than a Facebook response but I guess cutting the grip off is the only actual way to know for sure.

Great write up and video! Really interesting set of clubs. I'm impressed by the sound of em from the video. Sounded really nice to me. Pretty sharp looking clubs over all and definitely seem to perform well. Very nice.

If anyone has an extra minute and wouldn't mind liking the video on YouTube, and even leaving a comment it's incredibly helpful.

Thanks so much!
Done. Nice job, @Canadan

Are these in stores yet?
was at maple Hill golf in Grandville, MI last night. Super large store. They had the Halos but not the Launcher XL.

I work part-time at a condo facility and I happen to be checking the Lockers in the garage and noticed a Cleveland set of irons they must have been the last generation of the Halos, those things are huge. It's like a complete set of hybrids

By the way I want that smooth swing Canada

I work part-time at a condo facility and I happen to be checking the Lockers in the garage and noticed a Cleveland set of irons they must have been the last generation of the Halos, those things are huge. It's like a complete set of hybrids
Yeah that is the Cleveland “Hibore/HB” mold.
the 4-7 irons are very hybrid like but it’s a progressive set. By the time you get to the 9-PW-DW they are more traditional in size.

this thread is about Cleveland’s more traditional game improvement club.

Per request. Next to the Halo irons and these are 7 irons.

FF8AB9BD-1891-4F4C-8D5C-1F9FB9FA01FE.jpeg

Mark Crossfield's You Tube has an on course video with the XL irons. Positive review, loves the impact feel & sound.

Mark Crossfield has a on course with the XL irons. Positive review, loves the impact feel & sound.
You can hear the impact sound and @Canadan talking about it in our THP Video that was put out yesterday. Its linked in the first post of this thread.

Back