Golf Twitter Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes THP Staff Writer James Miles to the show and it goes way off course including a fun conversation about Golf Twitter.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but James joins the show to discuss social media including Golf Twitter, Ping’s unique direction with pricing, Wilson Golf’s massive predicament and so much more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as James goes Off Course.

Episode 73 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.
Golf Twitter
The Direction of Ping
Wilson Golf’s Predicament
And so much more

Continue reading...

Wow a lot going on in this one. The Wilson conversation is such a tough one, because as you guys mentioned it was nearly 2 days of staying up. Their processes with DTC are flawed at best ad just terrible at worst. That needs attention and hopefully this is a wakeup call to do it.

Wow a lot going on in this one. The Wilson conversation is such a tough one, because as you guys mentioned it was nearly 2 days of staying up. Their processes with DTC are flawed at best ad just terrible at worst. That needs attention and hopefully this is a wakeup call to do it.
We got into the thick of it all for sure, some convos sure to illicit some emotional responses.

Great episode.
Tons of equipment discussion.
Wilson doing Wilson things.
People being irrational and angry.
Quote of the show! "...screw that company, even though they we're literally trying to screw that company."

Great episode.
Quote of the show! "...screw that company, even though they we're literally trying to screw that company."
I’m happy to be of service. Hahahaha!

Great episode.
haha, it was super fun to record. @Jman usually does a nice job getting me fired up.

Glad you enjoyed it!

This was an interesting segment to me, because it really has become a "wilson thing" the last 2 years to the core golfer audience, right? Basing that on the posts here and that we receive on social media.

To use an analogy, if you trip playing soccer, you tripped. If you step on a soccer ball and fall ass over feet, you "Wilsoned". Not my take personally, but that is the appearance on the surface from the mass amount of opinions by the hardcore golfer.

Good episode boys.

And I remember that moment in Orlando like it was yesterday. Dan had just casually rolled in another 6 footer for birdie (6 or 7 under through 9 or 10 holes) and as we both sat back in the cart he had a massive sh!t eating grin on his face. He knew what was happening. At that point I was trying so hard to not "get in the way" that I didn't know how to act or speak and was definitely going to get in the way haha!

Good episode boys.

And I remember that moment in Orlando like it was yesterday. Dan had just casually rolled in another 6 footer for birdie (6 or 7 under through 9 or 10 holes) and as we both sat back in the cart he had a massive sh!t eating grin on his face. He knew what was happening. At that point I was trying so hard to not "get in the way" that I didn't know how to act or speak and was definitely going to get in the way haha!
My Guy!!

I absolutely love re-living that day knowing it was you in the cart with me hahaha - so perfect.

This was an interesting segment to me, because it really has become a "wilson thing" the last 2 years to the core golfer audience, right? Basing that on the posts here and that we receive on social media.

To use an analogy, if you trip playing soccer, you tripped. If you step on a soccer ball and fall ass over feet, you "Wilsoned". Not my take personally, but that is the appearance on the surface from the mass amount of opinions by the hardcore golfer.

Agreed.

I dont blame Wilson for not honoring an obvious pricing error, but if there's a mistake made or what seems to bad marketing plan...it seems to always be Wilson.

They do have, or are getting, that reputation. Maybe they should just build that into their marketing with some humor.

If you step on a soccer ball and fall ass over feet, you "Wilsoned" :ROFLMAO:

Fun listen. I didnt get to watch any of the Solheim though I wish that I had. Like watching the girls play their consistency and accuracy is amazing and they are not short hitters anymore..

Fun listen. I didnt get to watch any of the Solheim though I wish that I had. Like watching the girls play their consistency and accuracy is amazing and they are not short hitters anymore..
Man, that game has changed SO much. It’s wild.

I watched a lot of it, I liked it because it's different. I didn't see anyone talking about trying to overpower a course. They still hit it much further than I do but not 150 yards further on occasion. Pro athletes always have great touch and control but it's easier to see when they are also not trying to muscle a course.

Good episode boys.

Thanks dude!

Going to see if the wife will allow me to turn this on on our drive to Missoula this afternoon :LOL:

If not, this will be a for sure listen this weekend!

Going to see if the wife will allow me to turn this on on our drive to Missoula this afternoon :LOL:

I hope she makes you listen to it with headphones on and you start shouting in agreement or disdain halfway through hahahaha

Great episode!

What was the verdict MM?

Thank you @Canadan and @Jman for keeping me entertained on my 4 hour drive for weekend golf.

yes Dan come back to the Gram. Tw@tree will still be there for you.

Thank you @Canadan and @Jman for keeping me entertained on my 4 hour drive for weekend golf.

yes Dan come back to the Gram. Tw@tree will still be there for you.
I am going to take a bunch of pics this weekend golfing and see if I can get it rolling again haha

Great episode.
I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard when I heard that quote. And no, they don't deserve anything in compensation for Wilson not honouring the mistake - they should be ashamed of themselves.

I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard when I heard that quote. And no, they don't deserve anything in compensation for Wilson not honouring the mistake - they should be ashamed of themselves.
Haha! This made my day!

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but what the #%$@* is Ping thinking? The boys were spot on here - our fathers may have played Ping, but the current generation knows technology when we see it.

What was the verdict MM?
I actually tried to listen lol all she wanted to do was talk. I have to wait till tomorrow 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB
"almost a company for every style of play"

That was well said, and an interesting thought. I get asked a lot why I haven't played some things that I truly think are really great, and all I can ever say is that they're just not for what I do. It probably keeps me away from some brands more than I'd like.

Back