I was one of the few with an MP-001.

Thought it was a great driver for circa 2005.
I was just about to post that! It was a GREAT club for me, i used an NV65 stiff. The club was money!

i fell for all the R this and R that and ugh what s mistakes all those Rs were for me.

I know everyone is different and mileage may very. For me personally this driver is pretty low launching and spinning. So consider that when you go to try it. That is neither good nor bad. It just is. Generally that is a positive on the ball speed side.

I know everyone is different and mileage may very. For me personally this driver is pretty low launching and spinning. So consider that when you go to try it. That is neither good nor bad. It just is. Generally that is a positive on the ball speed side.

Have you measured or seen changes when you move the weights front to back in that area?

Have you measured or seen changes when you move the weights front to back in that area?

I did try it and made a little difference. I think there is a shaft change needed and actually already in progress as well. I think that will make some difference.

Mostly it is my fault. I am always on the low side. This is just a bit too low.. I also probably should have gone with a 10.5 head.

Agree.

I went with a lighter, higher launching shaft to generate more spin and speed (I have the need) while leaving loft at 9 degrees. My AOA is about +6, so that helps. I am going to attempt to get more data on Friday during a lesson.

Putting an adapter on a new Graphite Design shaft for some fun testing coming up.

I had to do a double-take to see if that post was really written under your name.
It might be the no-sleep talking. I reserve the right to alter my opinion next year. Calendar year. And it’s September.

looks like it would be a lot of fun to tinker with

I wish I could comment more on this one then I have but as I noted earlier in the thread my shoulder is just not allowing me to swing a driver much right now. What swings I have tried have all been on the range and judging from what I see knowing my current limitations I have been impressed.

A bit skeptical. Not sure there could be much improvement over the X/G. The sound would have to be even better for me to consider it, but have to admit the price point is inviting.

A bit skeptical. Not sure there could be much improvement over the X/G. The sound would have to be even better for me to consider it, but have to admit the price point is inviting.
I don’t necessarily it is about improvement but rather fitting. X and Z offer one that is a bit draw biased snd one that is a bit fade biased. This one has max adjustability to fine tune.

Yes, I relent, that is certainly a consideration when choosing a driver.

Hit the Mizuno yesterday on the course for about nine holes and I find it forgiving but I am not launching it high enough and/or do not have enough spin. I appear to hit it well but lower then I want: My weights are in the MOI and draw position. The shaft is a Fuji Atmos Red and I do not get along with Fuji shafts for the most part. I am going to put both weights in the high MOI position And then look for another shaft

Wow. I forgot just how LOW EFFING SPIN this driver is. :oops:

I like this head, huge ball speed and feels great. But honestly it is too low spin for me. Its an absolute cannon when I can get it airborne. If there was a 10.5 it would be a beast.

I like this head, huge ball speed and feels great. But honestly it is too low spin for me. Its an absolute cannon when I can get it airborne. If there was a 10.5 it would be a beast.
It’s SO low. I was seeing 1600 today. :oops:

It’s SO low. I was seeing 1600 today. :oops:

I have seen the same. For many this could be a godsend. for me, its neck high bullets.. haha.

DUDE. Remember when I was hitting it at HQ? I had to switch heads because it was so low

I have seen the same. For many this could be a godsend. for me, its neck high bullets.. haha.

Just think about me and my 96 SS... :oops:

I placed both weights in the High MOI position and have a high launch shaft but would like more spin.

I am perplexed why they do not have a 10.5* option. Maybe later? 9* really narrows down the market.

I am perplexed why they do not have a 10.5* option. Maybe later? 9* really narrows down the market.

I hope they do. I will swap out for that and hit some “don’t be nasty” bombs!!

So they are low, low spin but I can put a high fade on this driver but it fades too much, meaning I lose distance. I can put a low fade on it but it is a low flight and that decreases distance and carry. A normal stock shot of a slight draw is low mid for me.

The next question is "Will a light, softer tip work?" Well, it's in there already - Fuji Atmos 5 R flex. Possibly going to 45.5 inches may help loosen the spin up.

This is a great candidate for the Auto-Flex Shaft.

But I keep on thinking TPT Golf Shafts - because I swing them, they have no flex rating, you can go softer and lighter in them - it's what fits. But they are costly.

G220 - it is an excellent driver with a fit shaft for you. Perhaps a third weight for more swing weight to loosen up the shaft and get it to D4-5.

Thankfully, I've come to the conclusion that this driver will not be a good fit for me. Especially, considering how well I hit my ST-X today. I went back to the stock riptide cb shaft. Really not sure why I pulled it now(???).

Perhaps, I'll give a look to the new X driver next year, but for now the current ST-X has a secure spot in the top of my bag.

Thankfully, I've come to the conclusion that this driver will not be a good fit for me. Especially, considering how well I hit my ST-X today. I went back to the stock riptide cb shaft. Really not sure why I pulled it now(???).

Perhaps, I'll give a look to the new X driver next year, but for now the current ST-X has a secure spot in the top of my bag.
ST-X is a BEAST!

Yup, I’m thinking it’s not me either haha

Back