Tour Edge Hot Launch 522 Series

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
As a brand, Tour Edge has two very distinct product lines with Exotics and Hot Launch. While the former gains more attention from the gearheads, quietly, the Hot Launch lineup continues to perform very well at the cash register. These two product lines aim at two very different golfers, with the Exotics being more premium technology and material based, and Hot Launch brings in a high amount of performance for the price philosophy. Today, the Tour Edge Hot Launch 522 series is being announced, which will incorporate several key pieces of tech found in the Exotics line over to a more budget-friendly product. 

Tour-Edge-Hot-Launch-C522-series-1.jpg
Tour Edge Hot Launch C522 Series...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
DANG ! TOUR EDGE just keeps bringing it

Last edited:
This gives them a lot of options, but honestly I was expecting a bit less tech given the price point. Im not sure why based on the previous release, but these look pretty darn good.

This gives them a lot of options, but honestly I was expecting a bit less tech given the price point. Im not sure why based on the previous release, but these look pretty darn good.
I was about to post the same thing. For the price, I’m honest to goodness shocked at the tech they put into them.

Glad to see VIBRCOR in the Hot Launch C irons, and the Wedge. Add in the Diamond Face 2.0 in the C lineup woods and irons, and you have some tech packed into this package!

Oh! And excellent piece Deano.

• Staff
Pretty impressed with what they have crammed into a product at this price point

Pretty impressed with what they have crammed into a product at this price point
When I kept reading VIRBCOR, Diamond Face 2.0, I was also impressed. Good for Tour Edge to take this tech, which I can say works from first hand experience, and make it available to more golfers.

• Staff
Couldn't go crazy with photos in the homepage article. SO here are some more.

C522 Driver

C_Driver_Sole-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Face-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Front-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Top-X2.jpg

Reactions: JB
C522 Fairways and Hybrids

C_Fwy_Sole2-X2.jpg

C_Fwy_Front-X2.jpg

C_Fwy_Face-X2.jpg

C_Fwy_Top-X2.jpg

Hybrids

C_Hyb_Sole-X2.jpg

C_Hyb_Front-X2.jpg

C_Hyb_Face-X2.jpg

Is it weird that I see Vibrcor and immediately expect a solid product now?

Great to see Tour Edge building out their offerings for a LOT of golfers.

C522 Irons and Wegdes

C_Iron_Back-X2.jpg

C_Iron_Face-X2.jpg

C_Iron_Front-X2.jpg

SuperSpin Wedge

C_Wedge_Sole-X2.jpg

C_Wedge_Top-X2.jpg

C_Wedge_Front-X2.jpg

C_Wedge_Face-X2.jpg

Is it weird that I see Vibrcor and immediately expect a solid product now?

Great to see Tour Edge building out their offerings for a LOT of golfers.

I think it's awesome seeing that move over to the Hot Launch line.

Really dig the fairway and hybrid look they have going on with this release. Solid offerings for all levels

I think it's awesome seeing that move over to the Hot Launch line.
With how crazy low the prices are?

I think this needs to be represented as loud as possible, for all those out there looking for shiny and new on a budget.

I continue to believe that Iron Wood is a vastly underrated iron in the segment and the addition of that new sole actually makes me want to try it quite a bit.

Now for the E522 - which you will notice the difference in shaping throughout the lineup that was mentioned in the article.

Driver

E_Driver_Sole-X2.jpg

E_Driver_Front-X2.jpg

E_Driver_Face-X2.jpg

E_Driver_Top-X2.jpg

That Houdini sole is something else, how do you think it would perform on tight lies?

Really nice writeup Dean

E522 Fairways and Hybrids

E_Fwy_Sole-X2.jpg

E_Fwy_Front-X2.jpg

E_Fwy_Face-X2.jpg

E_Fwy_Top-X2.jpg

Hybrids

E_Hyb_Sole2-X2.jpg

E_Hyb_Top-X2.jpg

E_Hyb_Front-X2.jpg

E_Hyb_Face-X2.jpg

Pretty cool what they've done with these at that price. A couple guys in league are big TE guys and will be excited about this.

Minor rant - partly irrelevant because these aren't meant for me, but it's on their other stuff too. I will just never not hate seeing VIBRCOR on the clubs. I can handle it saying Houdini Sole even, lol, but that vibrcor thing has always looked so cheesy to me. So small and petty on what are always great clubs, but it just gets me every time.

Finally E522 Irons and Wedges

E_IW_Sole-X2.jpg

E_IW_Top-X2.jpg

E_IW_Front-X2.jpg

E_IW_Face-X2.jpg

Wedges

E_Wedge_Sole-X2.jpg

E_Wedge_Top-X2.jpg

E_Wedge_Front-X2.jpg

E_Wedge_Face-X2.jpg

That Houdini sole is something else, how do you think it would perform on tight lies?

Really nice writeup Dean
Actually way better than I ever imagined. I think both steep and flat players showed success when we tested it last year with the previous line.

With how crazy low the prices are?

I think this needs to be represented as loud as possible, for all those out there looking for shiny and new on a budget.

I think it was last year during a THP Live with Tour Edge that people really got surprised at just how well the Hot Launch line sells. And now the price is still uber attractive and the tech is improving.

After playing the Bazooka series that predated the Hot Launch line, I became a big fan of Tour Edge. This latest offering delivers even more bang for the buck. And you can get them fitted.

We get a fair number of inquiries along the lines of "I need a first set for my son/nephew" or "I'm getting back into the game after thirty years and I'm looking for an inexpensive upgrade to my Spalding Executives that can grow with me." I tell people to start with the Hot Launch. All that tech, custom fitted, at that price point? Why not?

Almost forgot - excellent writeup, @ddec.

Man. REALLY like the profile of the E522 wood...not sure I could do the offset though. Hard to tell exactly how much there is from the pictures.

Back