I've been using Cleveland wedges for a long time now, and am more familiar with their sole-grinds. My 50* has their V-Sole grind, works well for me on full swings and bump-and-run shots around the greens. My 55* and 60* are both 12* bounce with their S-Sole grind, which I've found to be the most versatile for my swing. I also have a low-bounce 60* with their C-Sole grind, which is a somewhat specialty club for me, that works great on hard lies, especially hard-pan bunkers with little or no sand (something really common around here).

Thank you for sharing the video. I own several wedges by several different companies (Scratch, SCORE, Hopkins, W/S, Cleveland, Callaway) and my "choice" of grind is based on what sounds like should work or more frequently whatever is offered on the loft I want.

Reactions: JB
For those that missed this on Friday, wanted to bring it back to share it again.

Thanks. I was traveling for golf on Friday so wasn't able to watch until today.

For my tester, I went with a C grind in my 50. I'm a shallow swinger and AZ tends to be firm conditions. I'm really impressed with the versatility of this wedge. It has quickly become my go to wedge. I learned a new trick from @MSEASU to leverage that toe relief when im around the green and have a tight lie, but need to carry the ball over something before I get it rolling. Slight closing of the face, toe down, and putting stroke. 🤯

Good video. My grind selection has been based on trial and error and building in some variety for different situations.

Good video. My grind selection has been based on trial and error and building in some variety for different situations.
Thank you. We had fun shooting this one because the top down view adds the element of really being able to explain the subtle and not so subtle differences.

I don't know what the grinds are on my wedges as I have just bought them off the rack and by their loft and bounce. I prefer less bounce.
Now that I have seen this very informational video, the C grind would be the best for me as I have a pretty shallow AOA and don't take much of a divot.

Thank you very much for this !!

Back