First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

How many here are gaming this around the 4 iron slot? I don’t really want it as low as a 2 irons because I don’t think I’d get any height and the Tour Fairway is perfect (on paper) Going to play a 7 wood and the adjustability makes the utility seem perfect. (The hybrids in the RADSpeed line are great but they seem to upright)

Anyone else gaming one of these? I have the 3u with a Catalyst 80 shaft in it and its basically a 4 iron replacement for me. I hit this on a 220 yard par 3 into the wind that landed about 6ft short of the pin and ended up on the fringe. I have been wanting to try a hybrid shaft in it but may not need one for anything other than some fun testing. Typically this will be a tee club for me but did hit it off the fairway this morning with some success, not sure I'd want to pull it from anything more than the first cut thought. Distance wise It seems to slot well right between my 5i and 5w which is exactly what I was looking for.

Anyone else gaming one of these? I have the 3u with a Catalyst 80 shaft in it and its basically a 4 iron replacement for me. I hit this on a 220 yard par 3 into the wind that landed about 6ft short of the pin and ended up on the fringe. I have been wanting to try a hybrid shaft in it but may not need one for anything other than some fun testing. Typically this will be a tee club for me but did hit it off the fairway this morning with some success, not sure I'd want to pull it from anything more than the first cut thought. Distance wise It seems to slot well right between my 5i and 5w which is exactly what I was looking for.

i got it in my 4 iron spot. Been enjoying it so far! Lofted it up 1* and really enjoying it!

i got it in my 4 iron spot. Been enjoying it so far! Lofted it up 1* and really enjoying it!
Hit my 3u twice yesterday with great success. Really enjoying it as a tee club. What shaft do you have in yours? Considering switching to a hybrid shaft.

Hit my 3u twice yesterday with great success. Really enjoying it as a tee club. What shaft do you have in yours? Considering switching to a hybrid shaft.

I have the kbs $ 130 in it. I have been thinking of a hybrid shaft as well. It’s a rocket off the tee

Well hello old girl. Time to come out of retirement and get back to work….

4F7F4A30-66A4-4A50-93A7-409132ACF998.jpeg

Such a great under talked about (like most everything Cobra) club
Yuppers! I’ve put up some fiiiiiiltthy numbers ei the this one in the past!

Well hello old girl. Time to come out of retirement and get back to work….

View attachment 9025148
I really wished I could have found somewhere to test this club out before I put my Morgan Cup order in. I liked my old Callaway Utility but couldn't pull the trigger on this vs the hybrid which I eventually changed out. :unsure:

Got this one built out and headed to a course I should need it 3-4 times off the tee (y)

Got this one built out and headed to a course I should need it 3-4 times off the tee (y)
Can't wait to hear how the LinQ works out in this

7DEDC334-37F6-4297-AFE8-E04EFCEAF973.jpeg19067218-3D32-4689-A6D4-07E26BC053BB.jpeg7685D16F-A79F-442E-9539-0118F5B70925.jpegB0EDB9BD-60B4-4DA7-BA16-3E01AA4BE1F1.jpeg
For anyone that followed this thread in the past, you know this was a hell of a club for me. I moved away out of lust, but coming back has been a ton of fun. It’s not the best feeling UT out there, it’s on the firm side, but it’s effective and hot.

I’m going to put a Rad hybo up against it to test total versatility for the bag before the Morgan Cup, but in Vegas on that track this could be a weapon on some of those par 4’s. :unsure:

View attachment 9025911View attachment 9025912View attachment 9025913View attachment 9025914
For anyone that followed this thread in the past, you know this was a hell of a club for me. I moved away out of lust, but coming back has been a ton of fun. It’s not the best feeling UT out there, it’s on the firm side, but it’s effective and hot.

I’m going to put a Rad hybo up against it to test total versatility for the bag before the Morgan Cup, but in Vegas on that track this could be a weapon on some of those par 4’s. :unsure:

pfft layups mare for sissies 🤣

Screenshot_20210912-161506~2.png

1iron utility coming soon?
Would be a fun club to put in the bag

Been hitting this off the tee quite a bit lately working on a fairway finder for the desert. Such a fun club to hit. Crazy to see an iron go so high!

Been hitting this off the tee quite a bit lately working on a fairway finder for the desert. Such a fun club to hit. Crazy to see an iron go so high!
What shaft you rocking?

It’s dead useful. And why I’m having a hard time taking mine out of the bag.

There may or may not be one of these coming to compare against the fairway wood…

Back