Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I am getting OL Cobra Irons, but need a 58 degree wedge as the SW in the set is 54.

I was thinking of buying the 56 or 60 OL Snakebite and then having it bent weak/strong to make a 58. I know the bounce will change as a result but my local courses are fairly soft so don't mind extra bounce.

Which would be better?

56/10 bent to 58/12
60/8 bent to 58/6

Also I haven't been able to find a retailer who stocks these that offer the loft bent. I assume a local pro-shop would be able to do this?

Every round I continue to come away impressed with how these handle around the greens. I have them a work out today and they responded. I didn’t alway have the right read, but kept hitting my spots and trajectories. And this was either out of thicker rough or some of those late summer bare patches

I am getting OL Cobra Irons, but need a 58 degree wedge as the SW in the set is 54.

I was thinking of buying the 56 or 60 OL Snakebite and then having it bent weak/strong to make a 58. I know the bounce will change as a result but my local courses are fairly soft so don't mind extra bounce.

Which would be better?

56/10 bent to 58/12
60/8 bent to 58/6

Also I haven't been able to find a retailer who stocks these that offer the loft bent. I assume a local pro-shop would be able to do this?
I’m not a club fitting expert, but with the way the scallop allows the leading edge to sit down I’d go with the extra bounce. I have the 58/8 bent to 59/9 and have been really pleased. Plenty there to handle bunkers but no issues of tight lies.

I think I'm going to sell my 52&56 VL for a OL 56. I just feel more comfortable with my gap wedge OL.

Snakebite is real! I am seeing some great spin with these wedges. Working a bit on my full shots with these. The pitching and chipping have been fantastic

Used the 54* snakebite today for my round (left 58 at home on accident) it saved my bacon numerous times today... great wedges

I ended up with Versatile grind in my wedges (50, 56, and 60). I tried a bit more of the classic grind, but I couldn't get a good feel on them. I get everything I need with the Versatile grind (same grind that I had in my MIM Wedges from last year, so I knew what I was getting with these).

Two things really jump out for me with the King Wedges

• Spin is real - When I'm chipping, it is fantastic to be able to look up after hitting the ball and seeing that nice flight and watching the dimples on the ball as they spin backwards and knowing the ball is going to land soft on the green
  • Full face grooves - It's a small detail from the MIM wedges, but it promotes such confidence in the 56 and 60 degree

Do not sleep on these if you are looking for new wedges

Spent some time on the chipping green today. When I got to the 25 - 30 foot chips, drained three in a row. 2 on one pin and 1 on the opposite side of the green. The spin control on these wedges is remarkable. Snakebite grooves and versatile grind is great!

Which would be better?

56/10 bent to 58/12
60/8 bent to 58/6

I went 58* straight up in the wide low. Amazing out of the sand. I have played an older Cleveland rtx 2.0 for years as my sand wedge and the snakebite has replaced it no doubt.

Did okay with the OL today. Still adjusting to this club compared to my MD4. This was from 30 yards out…
6BAF8BD3-0FD1-4360-A687-06B0B9123825.jpeg

I’m jealous. Would love to try these. Where are you guys trying these? No one around me in Nashville carries them, that I can find.

I’m jealous. Would love to try these. Where are you guys trying these? No one around me in Nashville carries them, that I can find.
For most in here, Morgan Cup!

Ordered mine direct from Cobra on release day, then waited… and waited some more. I knew finding one in LH OL was going to be impossible. My Local PGASS does have VL in LH and RH on the shelf.

Which would be better?

56/10 bent to 58/12
60/8 bent to 58/6

Just spoke to my local proshop who is a Cobra dealer. He rang them and they said they wouldn't offer a 56 or 60 bent to 58, but a 58 for OL will be coming next year.

Strange as I can go on Cobra's US site and they offer the Snakebites bent 2 degrees.

Will probably either buy a 60 when my irons arrive, or just wait until next year.

Just spoke to my local proshop who is a Cobra dealer. He rang them and they said they wouldn't offer a 56 or 60 bent to 58, but a 58 for OL will be coming next year.

Strange as I can go on Cobra's US site and they offer the Snakebites bent 2 degrees.

Will probably either buy a 60 when my irons arrive, or just wait until next year.
Is that a UK thing? You can custom order a snakebite in -1 or -2, I custom ordered my OL 56 to -1*. I just double checked the website and you can get any SB bent -/+ 1 or 2 degrees.

Is that a UK thing? You can custom order a snakebite in -1 or -2, I custom ordered my OL 56 to -1*. I just double checked the website and you can get any SB bent -/+ 1 or 2 degrees.
Not sure. I assume all custom stuff comes from the US any way.

I've emailed them about it so we'll see what they say.

I'm wondering if a 60 is THAT much different from a 58 any way, other than on a full shot.

Not sure. I assume all custom stuff comes from the US any way.

I've emailed them about it so we'll see what they say.

I'm wondering if a 60 is THAT much different from a 58 any way, other than on a full shot.

i actually had the 60v grind before I got the 58 and could only tell on full shots

So tempted to order a 60 for the Morgan Cup.

Im getting pretty comfortable with these…

So tempted to order a 60 for the Morgan Cup.
I have a 60 and wouldn't be without it. A lot of the greens here are raised with pretty steep run offs around the back and sides with deep rough, so this works perfectly out of that. Bunker type swing and up it pops.

How does the cobra wedges compare with vokeys? Thinking of replacing my 52 SM7 Wedge with cobras. Struggling with fullshots...

I don’t have Snake Bite wedges but the raw tour wedges and these might be…no they are my favorite wedges from the last few releases. The rust part of them kind of bothered me initially but performance is trumping that. They are soft feeling and plenty spin

How does the cobra wedges compare with vokeys? Thinking of replacing my 52 SM7 Wedge with cobras. Struggling with fullshots...
Quite different. The scallop on the back of the wedge allows the club to sit a bit lower to the ground, leading to a leading edge that can help promote some clean contact.

Back