First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

There may or may not be one of these coming to compare against the fairway wood…
VERY different beasts to say the least ;)

VERY different beasts to say the least ;)

Good to hear as the fairway and I have had a tempestuous summer. Hoping this may be more harmonious as I have another utility iron that used to be my comfortable fairway finder before it got displaced by the MC clubs

Good to hear as the fairway and I have had a tempestuous summer. Hoping this may be more harmonious as I have another utility iron that used to be my comfortable fairway finder before it got displaced by the MC clubs
It’s firm, and fast.

It’s firm, and fast.
And quite lovely this evening off the tee. The ball ball just jumps off the power shell face.

I was also pleased with it when I found myself behind a tree. Typically my punch is a five iron but gave it a go (I’m set at 18.5 deg) and it performed perfectly. Kept the ball off the ground but below the tree maybe 25 yds away with good carry and roll to around 200 total. Any punch that does that is a winner.

And quite lovely this evening off the tee. The ball ball just jumps off the power shell face.

I was also pleased with it when I found myself behind a tree. Typically my punch is a five iron but gave it a go (I’m set at 18.5 deg) and it performed perfectly. Kept the ball off the ground but below the tree maybe 25 yds away with good carry and roll to around 200 total. Any punch that does that is a winner.

I love mine for punch shots! And agree about the face as well!

Yeah, I just have to bag this one for the MC. It’s more versatile for me and hits the gap I need it to in order to blend into my 5i.

Today was a MIGHTY affirmation that it’s just really effing good for me. And add in this LINQ hybrid shaft? Sheeeeeesh! :love:

So…this isn’t my favorite feeling utility, it’s quite firm imo.

But, it’s just excellent. For what I want, it’s always been the best performer for me when I go back and look at the data. Plus, the ability to dial it in helps there.

Tee and turf, it bridges a gap for me the best, so it’ll get the nod over a hybrid in that spot for the MC.

So…this isn’t my favorite feeling utility, it’s quite firm imo.

But, it’s just excellent. For what I want, it’s always been the best performer for me when I go back and look at the data. Plus, the ability to dial it in helps there.

Tee and turf, it bridges a gap for me the best, so it’ll get the nod over a hybrid in that spot for the MC.
How often is it used tee vs turf for you? I find I rarely hit it anywhere but the tee.

How often is it used tee vs turf for you? I find I rarely hit it anywhere but the tee.
Any time I need a 210-215 shot. So into a lot of par 5’s.

But, I am playing the 4 at 22.5 and not the 2 or 3.

But, I am playing the 4 at 22.5 and not the 2 or 3.
Ah ok that makes a little more sense. I have the 3, I think I've hit it off turf like twice

Ah ok that makes a little more sense. I have the 3, I think I've hit it off turf like twice
Yeah, that’s my Tec Hybrid or 5w gap, way easier off the turf.

This club is a really fun tee club for me, but it’s also proving dead useful off the turf. The gapping fits well, and it’s just been easy to hit for me.

The adjustability makes it super useful and easy to gap with the rest of the set

This club is a really fun tee club for me, but it’s also proving dead useful off the turf. The gapping fits well, and it’s just been easy to hit for me.
I agree, I used it off the deck yesterday for the first time with surprisingly good results. Might be less hesistant to pull it in the future. Gapping fits well between my 5i and 5w

I agree, I used it off the deck yesterday for the first time with surprisingly good results. Might be less hesistant to pull it in the future. Gapping fits well between my 5i and 5w

I’m not anymore flushed one yesterday 220 off the deck to a par 5 for an eagle putt. Did the same off a 220 par 3 for a birdie look. This club is a weapon and shockingly it has a stock shaft 😂

I’m not anymore flushed one yesterday 220 off the deck to a par 5 for an eagle putt. Did the same off a 220 par 3 for a birdie look. This club is a weapon and shockingly it has a stock shaft 😂
I tried to tell people…a year ago. :LOL:

That one was a beauty

I‘m not quite the stick @Jman and @jdtox are, but I agree that this club is a steady fairway finding machine off the tee. For me it’s a penetrating rolling tee ball, great for end of summer, early fall golf when the fairways dry out. It’s been fun to put in play in lieu of a fairway wood some days.

I’m glad that many of the Morgan Cup bags have this club in them… I’m more of a hybrid guy, but I’ve never seen a UT that I didn’t want to try. Can’t wait to hear the feedback.

I’m glad that many of the Morgan Cup bags have this club in them… I’m more of a hybrid guy, but I’ve never seen a UT that I didn’t want to try. Can’t wait to hear the feedback.
Its not the best feeling one I've tried but can't argue with the results I've seen. I wanted to put a hybrid shaft in mine but really no reason to, its bone stock and its fantastic.

Its not the best feeling one I've tried but can't argue with the results I've seen. I wanted to put a hybrid shaft in mine but really no reason to, its bone stock and its fantastic.
So straight up KBS $ Taper Lite?

Back