Tour Edge Hot Launch 522 Series

Excellent write up and great pics.

I like that the E522's are designed like they are and I understand that previous sales figures are taken into account when production runs begin... I guess the higher lofted drivers and woods aren't in enough demand by lefties to warrant their production? (I'm not looking for clubs at all so this isn't even a complaint. Just a whine):LOL:

But the article says the C522 driver and woods aren't lefty at all? Neither are the irons? Yet the wedge is.

That E522 wedge looks very forgiving to me... along the lines of a Smart Sole maybe? But not as specialized as the S or C... more like a do it all in a very forgiving manner wedge.:confused2:

Couldn't go crazy with photos in the homepage article. SO here are some more.

C522 Driver

C_Driver_Sole-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Face-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Front-X2.jpg

C_Driver_Top-X2.jpg
That looks stellar.

Assuming the crowns are gloss?
TE's renderings always make them look matte/satin finished.

Also like that the e522 iron wood is all black and lost the blue in the colorway. Might try and make it my bridge club this year between my 5h and 6i.

Very nice write up!
The sole on the fairways are very interesting, I wonder if it has a tendency to dig into the ground on slightly fat shots?

Aaaaaand the c522 combo set may knock the HL4 outta the bag.

These look awesome, I love where they've taken this line of clubs

Tour Edge continues to impress with tech and value at a fantastic price. There is something to that Houdini sole too!

Tour Edge isn’t something I considered a year or so ago. They have really caught my eye this year. I don’t have access to test the clubs locally but the C522 could be the “fun” set of clubs I’ve been looking for just to have fun and experiment with.

Nice job, @ddec -- Tour Edge continues to impress (except for the colored badging on the irons)

Nice write up @ddec. I like the looks of the C series the most. The E series would be a mind block with that sole I don’t think I could get my mind off of it.

At first glance that houdini sole on the fairway woods seems like something that would dig in with a swing, however i probably actually swing toe down so it would probably work out well.

I’m very curious about this line. Would it be out of place to request a smash session review from @Canadan ?

These are really good looking clubs regardless of price point. No doubt they hit as good as they look.
So many price driven clubs look goofy. These look wicked.

Those look as good as other companies and their GI / SGI products. I don't know about all of the technology but it sounds like they have things to help the high cappers get the ball moving. But OOHH that price point, sure seems nice.

Those look as good as other companies and their GI / SGI products. I don't know about all of the technology but it sounds like they have things to help the high cappers get the ball moving. But OOHH that price point, sure seems nice.
VIBRCOR is a material that fills the hollow spaces in the irons. I play the C721 irons, and the feel and sound from that type of iron is really, really good thanks to VIBRCOR. It's not quite Forged feel, but it's pretty close!

As for Diamond Face 2.0, I've seen the advantages in both the C721 driver, as well as the irons. It's both fast and forgiving across the entire face.

With the combination in the driver, I've increased my distance, but more importantly my FIR. Same with the irons. I've increased both my distance as well as my GIR.

So I have no reason to think that this lineup, with that tech, would indeed help all golfers get the ball moving.

Nice write up @ddec and man, these are nice looking sets.
Perfect for the golfer just getting in to the game.

The veterans/military discount makes them even more attractive

The iron woods are soooooooo much better looking in black.

C series hybrids look 🔥

Last edited:
So, will these be at the PGATSS October 1st?

Thanks for the thorough and extensive write up regarding the new offerings from Tour Edge. Lots of tech and performance for such a good price.

Looks great, better than last release, any players of the e521's, how are they? Wow, so many budget friendly choices now for the high capper thanks, to TE, Cleveland and Wilson.

Anyone seen or hit these in the wild yet?
Looked yesterday. No 522 at my local shop. Bring we’re in OH I feel like Tour Edge always delays shipment on fall/winter releases here.

I just received the E522 iron woods & they are awesome. I really like the sleeker look & the Houdini soles are less protruding than the E521’s. I’ve owned every version of the Hot Launch series & the E522’s are the best over-all iron woods so far. Great job Tour Edge!

Back