I'm sure your contact is more reliable than a Facebook response but I guess cutting the grip off is the only actual way to know for sure.
Here ya go. Surgery was done.

Untitled design.jpg

Watched it yesterday. First thought after the 1st swing was "Wow, great impact sound."

Per request. Next to the Halo irons and these are 7 irons.

View attachment 9026630
Anyone carrying those clubs on the right in their bags had better be careful, I've heard of thieves stealing that much metal to recycle for cash :)

These irons are certainly on the brain. Might not be the most flashy, but the tech and shaping makes them very appealing to my eye.

These irons are certainly on the brain. Might not be the most flashy, but the tech and shaping makes them very appealing to my eye.

In a time when we there are multiple threads about price points rising, to see a set come out with Mainframe, AM CB, v-sole, etc and at this price point surely will make THPers happy. This is close to the price of a number of DTC brands with nowhere near the R&D available.

In a time when we there are multiple threads about price points rising, to see a set come out with Mainframe, AM CB, v-sole, etc and at this price point surely will make THPers happy. This is close to the price of a number of DTC brands with nowhere near the R&D available.

wholeheartedly agree. There is a lot going on here, in a good way.

When I ordered the XL irons, 5 thru PW with Elevate 95 reg shafts, I was told it would be 3 to 4 weeks since Cleveland was building these irons with graphite shafts. 6 days later as we were backing out of the garage to go to dinner I saw a box on the front porch. Put the box in the car and went to dinner. I figured this box wasn't the irons but couldn't remember any iron/s I had ordered. Got home, opened the box and there were the Cleveland Launcher XL irons. That was a fast 3 to 4 weeks. Ordered them in the standard length so as to keep the 8 gm shaft weight in the handle and the D3 swing weight. I'll just choke up a half inch since I like the 5 iron @ 37.75".

I'm not playing for a few weeks due to lower back nerve issues and left hip joint pain. Getting both issues looked into and should be back on the golf course early October, I hope.

Love the V sole on these irons. Sorry for the out of focus, my phone kept focusing on the grass.

V sole 9 16 21.jpg

The 5, 6 & 7 irons have less grooves and are wider spaced. The 8, 9 & PW have more grooves and are tighter spaced. 7 iron on top.

7 and 8 iron 9 16 21.jpg

The 5, 6 & 7 irons have solid backs. The 8, 9 & PW irons have cavity backs.

8 and 7 iron 9 16 21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure you meant 8 9 PW

When I ordered the XL irons, 5 thru PW with Elevate 95 reg shafts, I was told it would be 3 to 4 weeks since Cleveland was building these irons with graphite shafts. 6 days later as we were backing out of the garage to go to dinner I saw a box on the front porch. Put the box in the car and went to dinner. I figured this box wasn't the irons but couldn't remember any iron/s I had ordered. Got home, opened the box and there were the Cleveland Launcher XL irons. That was a fast 3 to 4 weeks. Ordered them in the standard length so as to keep the 8 gm shaft weight in the handle and the D3 swing weight. I'll just choke up a half inch since I like the 5 iron @ 37.75".

I'm not playing for a few weeks due to lower back nerve issues and left hip joint pain. Getting both issues looked into and should be back on the golf course early October, I hope.

Love the V sole on these irons. Sorry for the out of focus, my phone kept focusing on the grass.

View attachment 9028217

The 5, 6 & 7 irons have less grooves and are wider spaced. The 8, 9 & PW have more grooves and are tighter spaced. 7 iron on top.

View attachment 9028218

The 5, 6 & 7 irons have solid backs. The 7, 8 & 9 irons have cavity backs.

View attachment 9028220
If you get a chance, check out the video in the first post. Lots of good information on the design.

I hope your back gets better, I know how that feels. Several weeks is a long time for a brand new set of clubs to be sitting around. I'll be happy to help you out by playing them for a short time while you're recuperating. :)

If you get a chance, check out the video in the first post. Lots of good information on the design.
I've watched it a few times JB. Love the impact sound as well as the results and Canadan's swing.. Great video. (y)

Reactions: JB
@JB do you what a +2 on the Cleveland demo heads represents (2* strong or 2* upright lie)?

Finally played yesterday, 9 holes though. Been fighting a left hip bursitis issue and got a shot into the joint last week and it felt well enough to not hurt on the downswing. Our home course just opened yesterday too but is cart path only till next week. I quit after 9 holes so as to not work the left hip out too much since a lot of walking was involved to and from the cart to the ball. First iron swing with the new XL irons was a 5 iron. Nice center face with great impact, feel, sound and results. The rest of the irons hit during the 9 holes was just as good. Didn't notice the difference in impact feel/sound between the hollow and filled 5, 6 & 7 irons vs the cavity back 8, 9 & PW. Great straight and high launch with the TT Elevate 95 reg steel shafts. Playing next thursday when the cart path restriction is lifted.

Here's a pic of he impact on the 5 iron. Yes, it felt as good as it looks. :twist: (y)

10 1 21 5 iron impact.jpg

Finally played yesterday, 9 holes though. Been fighting a left hip bursitis issue and got a shot into the joint last week and it felt well enough to not hurt on the downswing. Our home course just opened yesterday too but is cart path only till next week. I quit after 9 holes so as to not work the left hip out too much since a lot of walking was involved to and from the cart to the ball. First iron swing with the new XL irons was a 5 iron. Nice center face with great impact, feel, sound and results. The rest of the irons hit during the 9 holes was just as good. Didn't notice the difference in impact feel/sound between the hollow and filled 5, 6 & 7 irons vs the cavity back 8, 9 & PW. Great straight and high launch with the TT Elevate 95 reg steel shafts. Playing next thursday when the cart path restriction is lifted.

Here's a pic of he impact on the 5 iron. Yes, it felt as good as it looks. :twist: (y)

View attachment 9031519
Show off. 👍

Has anyone owned the prior generation Cleveland's and now these, Are these that much better

Adding to this......has anyone compared the UHX to the Launcher XL ?

Is this Launcher XL a direct replacement for the UHX despite the smaller long irons? Do they launch as high as the UHX?

@Canadan
Adding to this......has anyone compared the UHX to the Launcher XL ?

Is this Launcher XL a direct replacement for the UHX despite the smaller long irons? Do they launch as high as the UHX?

@Canadan
I haven't been able to hit these yet because I have not found any in LEFT hand, locally or web hunting. I'm in Michigan. I emailed Cleveland support and learned that left handed Launcher XL iron heads won't arrive until late December. I do have the HY-Wood with the stock shaft (regular flex) and really like it's feel and performance.

Even though my son is a lefty he swings the club right handed also he's a switch hitter for baseball which the coaches loved. I guess it's a good thing he swing is right-handed otherwise he'd have a difficult time finding clubs like you do

I need to put a shaft into this as I think it would be a great driving iron

99B3ED94-4F20-4CAB-B48C-CEBA6C50D382.jpeg

My ego tells me these would be great irons but my scorecard tells me the Halo XL are the smarter option.

Back