BIG MAX Dri Lite Hybrid Tour and Dri Lite Seven Golf Bags

I like this line. It's different from what I see in stores With their strength in the UK I am sure they will find their way in the U.S.

Like I stated earlier, I have the Hybrid 14 version of this bag. It replaced the prior gen version of this bag.

There is a lot to like about this bag, and somethings that could have been updated better.

A look at the two versions of the bag:

80373D04-DAAC-419D-BCE0-397FCEA1D7A8.jpeg
The Black is the prior Gen, the material that Big Max uses is very durable and handles rain and other adverse weather conditions extremely well.

FEF08F2A-E799-45B0-BFEE-8D6E16DB1DD3.jpeg
DA5AB76D-CB18-4C37-BF0B-8A28F4915CC6.jpeg
The new version of the bag is bigger in both width & depth. This is welcome, because it helps with the way the clubs fit in each slot making it easier to get clubs in and out of the bag. The 14 Way top is the same design, however, it is slightly larger than the prior gen.

The strap system is very comfortable, and remains unchanged from the prior gen.

9E0A586F-251A-4444-8772-74B03D8D9D98.jpeg
25CB5302-39F9-4FEC-9E93-194BD1DB63FB.jpeg
While the new version is bigger, it contains less pockets to segregate items within the bag.

The cooler pocket is way bigger in the new version, and the front pockets also are deeper & bigger. The Ball pocket is so much bigger that you can hold more than 4 dozen balls in the pocket no problem.

86DADD30-675E-4690-BEA8-100A5422B2BF.jpeg
C576B363-645D-4C3C-A096-1009DB685D28.jpeg
The same story on the opposite side of cooler pocket, the pockets are bigger and more cavernous, however, the new version excludes the long vertical pocket near the handle area. This is a real miss in my opinion.

What I do like, is the towel hook addition & the ability to Velcro a 3rd glove to the outside of the bag to dry the glove out. The prior gen only provided two such slots.

Also, the valuables pocket is now larger than the prior gen.

56583890-F5A3-4340-B8EE-ACC962F163F8.jpeg

In conclusion, I’m a big fan of Big Max and their product. I like the Hybrid bag concept, and there are many benefits to this bag, especially if you play in inclement weather conditions.

I do have some criticism with the decision to reduce the ability to segregate storage within the bag. The increase size and space helps offset the decrease in the total number of pockets, but the removal of the long vertical pocket on the right side of the bag is puzzling to me. The reason that you go with a Hybrid bag, is you want the benefits of a stand bag w/ the increased storage of a cart bag. This bag provides the storage space that you are looking for in a hybrid, but doesn't provide the segregation of the storage space. I can fit even more stuff in this bag than before, it just drives my OCD crazy.

With all of that being said, I think that Big Max has a winner here due to the fact that the net improvements out weight the amount nit picky complaints that I have about the bag. The price point is very competitive for this type of bag, and the color options are top notch. If you are in the market for a new bag, give this line a look.

Last edited:
great pics. I'd be having a strong ponder if there were some more personally pleasing colors.

not huge on the big announcement of where the valuables pockets is either, that's kinda weird.

great pics. I'd be having a strong ponder if there were some more personally pleasing colors.

not huge on the big announcement of where the valuables pockets is either, that's kinda weird.
On the colors, the color I chose matched my Headcovers really well…

The prior gen didn’t highlight the valuables pocket as much as this one does, agreed.

Order about to be submitted for the DriLite Hybrid Tour…

Black or Charcoal / Red?

I think having the valuables pocket on the side would prevent it from being directly exposed to inclement weather. But can see if you are carrying the bag or on a golf cart it would be difficult to access.

Anyone know how many bottles of water or canned beverages the cooler pocket can hold?
Or is this the same size as the previous generation bag?

Anyone know how many bottles of water or canned beverages the cooler pocket can hold?
Or is this the same size as the previous generation bag?
It’s bigger than the previous gen, you can hold a lot of canned beverages in this new cooler pocket … See my post above .

It’s bigger than the previous gen, you can hold a lot of canned beverages in this new cooler pocket … See my post above .
How did I skip over that write up? I blame where I am at currently. Thanks for the details.

E1898ACD-912A-4C39-A06D-FB191B5DA214.jpeg
Here is an demonstration of the 3 different glove spots on the bag.
As someone that likes to cycles through gloves during a round, this was an awesome addition to this bag.

Here is a video from Big Max’s YouTube site. I don’t use a push cart, but the base is designed for push cart usage.

There is an umbrella holder on the leg side, I don’t have a umbrella to demo.

I also have put my rain gear in this bag with no problem, if that is important to you.

The Big Max looks like a true staff bag with legs! I dig the design.

I think having the valuables pocket on the side would prevent it from being directly exposed to inclement weather. But can see if you are carrying the bag or on a golf cart it would be difficult to access.
If I'm going to carry, I'm switching to a lighter bag than this one. I rarely walk.

@JDax in here killing the feedback. Appreciate the pictures of one fully loaded. Been pondering a hybrid bag for a while, mainly targeting the C-130S but these look like a good option. I don't come close to using all the pocket space in my C-130 but I've definitely been spoiled with the amount of pockets and having easy decisions around what goes where (slightly OCD myself).

You mentioned that the top has been expanded somewhat. I'm guessing it's not as large as the 15-way C-130 but how is it in practice fully loaded? Any binding? Are the dividers full length?

I think a hybrid tour with a more open layout, maybe 4 or 5-way, would hit the sweet spot for me. I don't hate the 14-way at all though.

@JDax in here killing the feedback. Appreciate the pictures of one fully loaded. Been pondering a hybrid bag for a while, mainly targeting the C-130S but these look like a good option. I don't come close to using all the pocket space in my C-130 but I've definitely been spoiled with the amount of pockets and having easy decisions around what goes where (slightly OCD myself).

You mentioned that the top has been expanded somewhat. I'm guessing it's not as large as the 15-way C-130 but how is it in practice fully loaded? Any binding? Are the dividers full length?

I think a hybrid tour with a more open layout, maybe 4 or 5-way, would hit the sweet spot for me. I don't hate the 14-way at all though.

The dividers are full length, no binding if you put your putter in the larger middle spot near the legs. The ease of getting clubs in and out is a positive note for this bag.

7A5FBFAB-9BFD-42A7-A71C-0703D173CE63.jpeg
Example of how this bag does a great job of repelling water as it’s raining to start the round today…

6C73AD0C-5634-4475-9ED1-9AD761D0060F.jpeg
Rain gear fit into the right side pocket no problem.
Was able to get Rain Gear, Rain Gloves, 2 spare gloves, and Callaway wrench into this pocket with room to spare.

Like I said you can store a lot of stuff in this bag….

Awesome feedback @JDax looks like an awesome bag!

CF29106F-7E39-48E0-8EC1-F0D5BCDEA1ED.jpeg
One more thing, if you have an external rain towel cover like pictured above, the towel hook in in a place where you can cover your clubs with the towel still attached to the hook. That is another positive about this bag and it’s functionality…

Last edited:
Hey @JDax or anyone else in the know,

I'm in hard ponder mode with a Big Max 14- way stand bag. Does anyone know the difference between the Dri Lite Summit and Dri Lite Hybrid Tour? Is the Summit the previous version or a newer model?

1655141438071.png1655141469645.png

Hey @JDax or anyone else in the know,

I'm in hard ponder mode with a Big Max 14- way stand bag. Does anyone know the difference between the Dri Lite Summit and Dri Lite Hybrid Tour? Is the Summit the previous version or a newer model?

View attachment 9096262View attachment 9096263
The Summit is the newer version of the Hybrid.
It appears they have addressed some of the small issues that I had with the Hybrid with the release of the Summit.

Back