Introducing King Cobra Wedges

i actually had the 60v grind before I got the 58 and could only tell on full shots
Cheers. Full shots is my concern as my SW is 54.

I managed to find an online retailer who have confirmed they can get it bent to 58 by Cobra in their custom fit. Just ordered it today. Not due until 15th Oct though.

I never really try to play different shots with my wedges until today. I played low running wedge shots today with ease. No issues with digging in other than me clowning around and hitting a shank. (only one of the day) Shots were easy to control when I didn't make poor decisions in shot selections (today was one of those day).

I’m jealous. Would love to try these. Where are you guys trying these? No one around me in Nashville carries them, that I can find.
Amazingly, Cobra/THP sent me my Snakebite wedges for the Morgan Cup!!!!!!
They are great wedges and you should definitely give them a try.
The grooves really do make these wedges an asset inside of 50 yards

I never really try to play different shots with my wedges until today. I played low running wedge shots today with ease. No issues with digging in other than me clowning around and hitting a shank. (only one of the day) Shots were easy to control when I didn't make poor decisions in shot selections (today was one of those day).

Ive actually started only hitting low running chips with my 53* around the green if it is possible. Even started bouncing balls into fringe grass to keep it on the ground.

I have flirted with it in the past but went with one shot and have gotten pretty solid with it though its not always the safe play. The 56 versatile is bent to 55 degrees and gives me everything I need. Some of the wedges on the market may be more forgiving sole wise, but a good swing is very rewarding with these.

The consistency of spin around the greens on chips and pitches seems to be higher than my old gamers. I’d put it 60% on the scallop that helps me with contact and 40% snakebite grooves

The consistency of spin around the greens on chips and pitches seems to be higher than my old gamers. I’d put it 60% on the scallop that helps me with contact and 40% snakebite grooves
I’d say that’s a fair breakdown!

I do agree with this. I am skulling far few chips and pitches with these then I did before. They are also very consistent spin wise. There isn't much unexpected when it comes to these.

I do agree with this. I am skulling far few chips and pitches with these then I did before. They are also very consistent spin wise. There isn't much unexpected when it comes to these.

I echo this for sure, I had the same with the MIMs last year. The scallop relief is very forgiving. I’ve spent more time this year on my chipping than ever before. These wedges can be absolute weapons around the green

Anyone on thoughts of these vs the MIM? Cobra still offers both, I believe.

I have both, I prefer the snakebite full face grooves, but like the black finish better on the MIM. Both are great and feel really good

I have both, I prefer the snakebite full face grooves, but like the black finish better on the MIM. Both are great and feel really good

Thank you

Hmmmmm. For me, there’s enough evolution in the design and application to make the jump to snakebites worth it. But, the MIM remain one of the most dense feeling wedges I’ve ever hit, they good.

Not completely sold on OL for my wedge just yet. Noticed that the VL clubs are available in 52 for Lefty’s, not just 57/60 like the OL. Going to order a 52 and 56 VL next payday and put some of this OT to use. Going to pull my 56 OL and Rad SW (54) and see if my short game improves.

Have I mentioned I like these?

#notstaged😎
#clevercropping😉

838BDB4E-9AFF-4006-97D7-F2E69ED4FB28.jpeg

I just enjoy these wedges every time out….

I just enjoy these wedges every time out….
They are a lot of fun to play. I am trying to figure out that 40 to 50 yard shot. I seem to be short on those. I have been experimenting, just not finding that right touch.

I realized this weekend how perfectly the 50 degree gaps with the FT PW for me. They work extremely well, I'm getting around 100 yds with PW and about 85 or so with a full swing with the 50

These wedges continue to surprise and inspire me. Really been bearing down the last three rounds to gain confidence with my wedge play around the green. Really paid dividends today as I had 7 one putts. Just trying to get that ball in a 6 foot imaginary circle.

Really really good wedges. Some shots just make me smile!

My 56 OL Snakebite wedge bent to 58 has arrived!

Only took 13 days from order to delivery. It was a stock shaft though. They apparently had no midsize grips in stock so just went standard +4.

Got to wait until tomorrow to hit it now though as I've been struck down by a cold 😕

Obviously it says 56 on the sole, so is there any simple homemade way to check that it's the correct 58 degree loft? A protractor?

Might be time for some paintfill to add to my rusty wedges:unsure:

Been experimenting with my OL 56 -1*, and my Rad SW +1*. I’m not sold on them yet. Just ordered the VL Versatile 52* to replace my Rad SW, and VL 56* +1/4” to match the length of the 52, with recoil shafts. Now to hurry up and wait…

I changed my bag setup based on the full face grooves of this wedge. I found myself pulling lob wedge around the green way to often and it lead to me skulling shots and just poor results. The full faced grooves in the 56 versatile (bent to 55) have been excellent. The scallop makes it user friendly to open the face and not worry. These should be toward the top of the list for anyone in the market for new wedges.

I love these Snakebite Wedges. They have a good amount of bite. Full face on the 56* is money. Ready to put them to the Vegas test. Also Recoil 95 is a very good wedge shaft.

Back