TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedges

Hit these today at a GG and was amazed. I had t considered a TM wedge in years! I really enjoyed it today.
What did you think of the look, sound, and feel?

The look is boring to me, but that’s a good thing. Nothing exciting here. The feel wasn’t soft but solid. I hit a 50° and everything felt super solid. Nothing clicky. Feel was softer than i expected. It had a good muted sound.

Obviously haven’t hit the Mizuno T22 yet, but I love my Glide 3.0. Have been wanting the Zipcore but I think I like these more than the zipcore. Would love to try the Snakebites but don’t know where to hit them. I’m not normally a fan of TM stuff. I’m kinda anti-TM really but love the new p790 and the MG3. Surprises me.

I like the shape of the MG3 compared to the other two.

For your classic none high to wedge. These and the Mizuno T-22 look the best and it’s not close.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to the T-22. It'll be a fun sound and feel comparison, because as much as I love the shape of these, I've found the sound to be a little interesting. I had to put them away to get dialed in for some things, but this next week I'm going to take them out a couple times again with my gamer balls. I was kind of bouncing around different balls trying to get a feel for them before.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm really looking forward to the T-22. It'll be a fun sound and feel comparison, because as much as I love the shape of these, I've found the sound to be a little interesting. I had to put them away to get dialed in for some things, but this next week I'm going to take them out a couple times again with my gamer balls. I was kind of bouncing around different balls trying to get a few for them before.

they do have an interesting feel. One thing for sure, the MG3 shred balls like wedges pre groove rule.

1631938005611.jpeg

they do have an interesting feel. One thing for sure, the MG3 shred balls like wedges pre groove rule.

View attachment 9028505
Woof. And I thought I worked balls hard with wedges! :LOL: I'm afraid to even ask what ball's cover that is there, but I have found them to get plenty of bite on fuller swings too.

Woof. And I thought I worked balls hard with wedges! :LOL: I'm afraid to even ask what ball's cover that is there, but I have found them to get plenty of bite on fuller swings too.

prov

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to the T-22. It'll be a fun sound and feel comparison, because as much as I love the shape of these, I've found the sound to be a little interesting. I had to put them away to get dialed in for some things, but this next week I'm going to take them out a couple times again with my gamer balls. I was kind of bouncing around different balls trying to get a feel for them before.

Hmm, what sound difference did you hear?

very consistent results with the MG3s. Approach shots within 130 yards is an area
of my game that could be improved - will be interesting to see whether the MG3s will help out in this matter.

Hmm, what sound difference did you hear?
It's unique to me. Unexpected. Crisp, but a little different. Every company has their thing with that though. I'm taking them out in a little while here to hit some approaches with them and my gamer ball and wedges.

:LOL:. Little spicy to start on the MG3 fun.

The TMs look nice, but the line is light on low bounce options.

Had fun with these today. I really do like how compact they look over ball in black. They're really not small, but the look is nice to me. Really enjoy the milled through the turf, and the sound is closer to preferred for me with my regular ball (TP5x). Still a little different on shorter ones, but much more pleasing on fuller shots than when I originally took them out. I know I was trying a variety, but I forgot my main ball for that stretch was CSX, and that I immediately didn't like the sound of that combo.

Stuck a bunch of approaches (hit pin, 3', 5.5'..), and did pretty well on compact sand after it rained, but that's where I said I will always wish for more grinds. Overall all really really good.

I love that the stock shaft is my wedge shaft, but another forumer and I were talking about the length, and I said they seem short. Checked. Turns out they might be. At least compared to what I think is a stock Vokey I have here. About 5/16". I don't think I've re-shafted that one. Will have to confirm. Anyway, for someone who plays +1/4" if at all possible, it isn't awesome. So to keep the grip and look I'll probably have to do what I've done in the past - buy a GW, and move all the shafts down one club, with the GW getting an iron set shaft.

20210922_000913.jpg

And playing in some rain today definitely kicked off some rust spots.

Last edited:
What did you like about the black vs the satin?

What did you like about the black vs the satin?
If you're asking me, I just like black, first of all. I think it looks good in the bag, and these look really good there. Black tends to make them look a littel smaller too, which I like. The color separation on the face from the raw grooves to back outside it help narrow my focus a little bit too. Just a personal appreciation. The satin chrome ones look really good imo too.

If you're asking me, I just like black, first of all. I think it looks good in the bag, and these look really good there. Black tends to make them look a littel smaller too, which I like. The color separation on the face from the raw grooves to back outside it help narrow my focus a little bit too. Just a personal appreciation. The satin chrome ones look really good imo too.

Thanks. And yes that’s for you. I really like both and am having a hard time deciding

Been a huge fan of MG in the past and can't wait to try these.

20210927_024001.jpg20210927_024034.jpg

Keyword headweight.

And they're no slouches on the scale. Remind me of the SM7's a bit.

How do the faces look on a rusted up black wedge? I’m still struggling on satin or black.
I can take a picture when I get home. I don't actively rust mine, because I don't like rust, but they inevitably start showing spots, and I think it looks better against black personally.

I can take a picture when I get home. I don't actively rust mine, because I don't like rust, but they inevitably start showing spots, and I think it looks better against black personally.

Thanks. I don’t either and wonder how it will bother me. The good news for me is it’s just the face. My OCD kicks in on full clubs rust and I can’t takes it.

Four these on Rick Sheils MG2 wedge review on YT.

760397a4a435d46ba6dc4b4130f4a9b3.jpg

0f35552a205d816ad558061c5ba683ff.jpg

279eec0c2800715a57f4777648380e93.jpg

MG3.png

Picked up my custom order of the MG3s today! Season is starting to come to an end here aldready but had to give them a try in the practice area.
Got myself a 52 & 58 in satin and all I got to say is Wow - consistency really is A+ with these wedges :love:
Above is some humble bragging and praise of the wedges - red flag was full shots from 90 yards and bascially 4 easy putts out of 8 shots.
Blue flag was low flighted spinners, one-hop stop shots from 50 yards, dispersion side to side is phenomenal.

Hopefully it isn't just honeymoon phase and they will actually be a real tool in becoming stronger within scoring distance <120yards

I've had a hard time finding fault with these so far, aside from stock length and the heads being so heavy it's hard to go longer. I've been comparing stats on recent stuff and my greenside and sand numbers with these are RIDICULOUS. Think I'm going to play them pretty exclusively with my i59s for a while.

The TM MG3 look really good. I like the raw finish insert on the face. Seems like it is a great design to flight the higher lofts down and lower lofts up to get more optimal trajectories. For me that is a big selling point. For me, trajectories on partial wedge shots is really important. However, not sure how they will perform and they are $179.99 which $20 more than Vokeys which is a tall order to compete. Perhaps the design/performance warrants the higher price. I haven't used TM wedges for years since the TM ATV years because I personally didn't like how those performed. However, I just bought a new TM MG1 as a experiment. Been a loyal Vokey guy for years. Vokeys sole grinds just fit my short game really well. I would like to give the MG3s a go though.

Last edited:
Back