Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The new Honma TW-W21 wedges are here and in this episode of TESTED! we put them through their paces. This classically shaped wedge has some unique stuff going on and we explain it all.

In this video, we start with some overhead tech specs and explanation of what the Honma TW-W21 wedges are. Then hop into the hitting bay for a few swings and then sit down at table view and breakdown whether or not they performed to expectation.

Continue reading...

Best part is after swing 2 or 3 when @Canadan starts laughing as he nearly holes out multiple times in a row.

Great looking clubs. Wish I could hit like that!

Nice dispersion @Canadan but how long is that face going to last?

The consistency in Dan's numbers was very impressive!

Now THAT is a consistent data set. Pretty impressive overall here, a lot of pin seekers!

So Dan did you put that straight into your bag? Impressive performance there.

watching right now. other than @Canadan's god-level consistency here, what jumps out to me is that high heel visual. is it as pronounced as it looks in the video?

watching right now. other than @Canadan's god-level consistency here, what jumps out to me is that high heel visual. is it as pronounced as it looks in the video?
Personally I think so. It was not much of a polarizing topic though honestly. Once in hand and at setup, it blends nicely.

Personally I think so. It was not much of a polarizing topic though honestly. Once in hand and at setup, it blends nicely.

that high heel is something that pops out to me often in jdm clubs

Nice work.. the new robot in the studio seems to be working well.

It stayed at the Tech Studio hahaha! Super fun to hit though.
It’s one of my biggest surprises of the weekend, it’s a damn solid wedge

I just couldn't help but keep poking my head in the frame so that I can see if one of these was going to drop in the hole.

Thx for the breakout review, Mr. Consistency.

And at least you showed a pic of the face and leading edge at address at 1:39. That's better than Honma, who does not show the face on their website. Someone might let Honma know that golfers like to see the face and leading edge. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. The shape is attractive and the leading edge is straightish.

The 3 sole options are great - I am sure many will be pleased with these wedges. Check the specs as to length as they may be slightly different than the typical standard when ordering.

As to my experience with Honma, not all is good.

Honma irons, I have a set of TW-X, which just came in after I waited 4.5 months for TR-21x heads (which never arrived). But logistics aside, the TW-X have a more compact blade length, not much offset, but wide soles, which are the only off-putting part of the club. They do pack a solid, forged punch with MMT 85g shafts. Instead of my 141/148 7i, I am getting 151/158 7i carry/total on Trackman with only 1 deg stronger lofts. Range balls. It's a nice combo. Sacrificed one RXS ball to the Trackman god and received better spin numbers and distance.

Honma - if they can get availability figured out, it's worth a long look. Just wish I had the TR-21x heads b/c the soles on that iron are not as wide; and it's what I wanted. Oh, I did email Honma about getting the heads to my builder and they sent me a link to a golf article citing supply side issues... lol. Not exactly great CS, and no answer on when, so I have the TW-X, at least the builder took pity on my wait and discounted them nicely.

Last edited:
Standard deviation “0”! 😳 Holy Consistency Batman!

Thx for the breakout review, Mr. Consistency.

And at least you showed a pic of the face and leading edge at address at 1:39. That's better than Honma, who does not show the face on their website. Someone might let Honma know that golfers like to see the face and leading edge. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. The shape is attractive and the leading edge is straightish.

The 3 sole options are great - I am sure many will be pleased with these wedges. Check the specs as to length as they may be slightly different than the typical standard when ordering.

As to my experience with Honma, not all is good.

Honma irons, I have a set of TW-X, which just came in after I waited 4.5 months for TR-21x heads (which never arrived). But logistics aside, the TW-X have a more compact blade length, not much offset, but wide soles, which are the only off-putting part of the club. They do pack a solid, forged punch with MMT 85g shafts. Instead of my 141/148 7i, I am getting 151/158 7i carry/total on Trackman with only 1 deg stronger lofts. It's a nice combo.

Honma - if they can get availability figured out, it's worth a long look. Just wish I had the TR-21x heads b/c the soles on that iron are not as wide. Oh, I did email Honma about getting the heads to my builder and they sent me a link to a golf article citing supply side issues... lol. But no answer on when, so I have the TW-X, at least the builder took pity on the wait and discounted them nicely.
I was definitely eager for some extra visuals, but hey, that's what we're for!

Glad you liked the overhead. I think it's a great way to share the features of the head rather than basic overview looks.

I was definitely eager for some extra visuals, but hey, that's what we're for!

Glad you liked the overhead. I think it's a great way to share the features of the head rather than basic overview looks.

You did an excellent job, Mr. Consistency. Nice shooting and description of grinds. I like Honma clubs, they pack a really good punch and blade length is attractively compact -- just waiting for the right set of irons to give to my younger son, as I wait for ya' know, those others to arrive early next year.

Watching @Canadan stripe shot after shot was impressive. They apparently have some nice sharp new grooves too haha. As far as looks I think they look good, the gold isn't my thing but this usage is well done. To me they looked like a traditional wedge and had pretty good feel as well. Overall a nice package and offering from Honma

Watching @Canadan stripe shot after shot was impressive. They apparently have some nice sharp new grooves too haha. As far as looks I think they look good, the gold isn't my thing but this usage is well done. To me they looked like a traditional wedge and had pretty good feel as well. Overall a nice package and offering from Honma
You mean this?

BBCF42EB-8651-4C36-9ACF-CA2FCDF05DB8.jpeg

This may have been one of the more impressive things tested this weekend. Both in the consistency, but just how good it was performing. Would have love to have seen it on course, but nooooooooo it had to pour buckets 🙄🙄

Back