Anyone own the Optic Quarter Zip in Phantom Grey. I am wondering if it's a true grey or comes across greenish. I can't tell from the pic.

SD emailed to tell me that Phantom Grey is more Grey than Green With that knowledge I bought the 1/4 zip in Indigo. Looking forward to having it.

Bought my first SD 1/4 zip yesterday. Walked into the pro shop at Turtle Point on Kiawah and there was the exact item and some polos. This is beautiful stuff.

I only own one Straight down shirt. I like it...

These two I picked up at True Blue last week are SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

They had the Diddley polo at the shop I was at. Really fun design.
I wish their website was a little better. I think it doesn’t show you how nice this stuff is. Pictures are kind of small or my old eyes don’t work as well.

This.

And mine has now been washed and worn 5 times since writing this piece, and still no issues with snags or seams.

@Jman 🤣

You’ve been very consistent with the number of times worn versus washed throughout, 😂

It may not have ever been mentioned on this website (and that is newsworthy!, lol) but generally if I’ve worn something 18 times it’s been washed 18 times? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣.

That said I’ll wait for a sale to try, my clothes for the year revolve around Budget Golfs Summer Clearance. I don’t even know what size to even think of trying either. I currently have an undershirt in medium on and a Polo that is an XXL. It’s a little droopy but a hanger on since I killed the fat guy this past year. Waist is down to 32” but I can’t wear that size pants as my thighs are too big. I have on a pair of Puma pants on in 34” and I like the 36” ones better. The 32” ones look comical as far as how tight they are on the rest of my legs.

Weight wise I’m probably a large? But I’m pretty broad so some companies an XL in shirts makes sense. Some companies a Medium is loose. It just depends on if they put the room in the chest and shoulders or the belly. I only have 2/3 now.

I saw the company weighing in. Is there anyone in the Mansfield/Ashland OH area that carries them so I could check one out? At that price point I don’t order blind. Sure, for $20 on Budgets summer clearance, I’ll just kinda guess and take my chances. But for close to $100 for a shirt I’m a different Customer. I want to to see and feel and make sure I get a size that works.

I was looking at the mixer polo. Fun stuff.

The ace of spades has my name all over it

They had the Diddley polo at the shop I was at. Really fun design.
I wish their website was a little better. I think it doesn’t show you how nice this stuff is. Pictures are kind of small or my old eyes don’t work as well.

I got this Straight Down Diddly polo a couple of weeks ago as a tee prize in a member/guest tourney. It has become my favorite golf shirt....EVER !
I like the guitars and banjos on it, but I wish they did one with drums !

Straight Down Diddly.jpg

Now you have me checking the tracking on my order..... Here tomorrow,

I got this Straight Down Diddly polo a couple of weeks ago as a tee prize in a member/guest tourney. It has become my favorite golf shirt....EVER !
I like the guitars and banjos on it, but I wish they did one with drums !

View attachment 9021229

I have this one in white. It's one of my favorites.

Just saw the Straight Down package at the door. The presentation is outstanding. From bag they sent it in to the return info to the actual product. Love the 1/4 zip. It’s like 99 in the shade so I’ll try it another day. I’ll be buying more.

Attachments

• AAD6E1F4-8DCD-42FF-99A6-53CD69D70CE8.jpeg
    AAD6E1F4-8DCD-42FF-99A6-53CD69D70CE8.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
So happy to see the love for Straight Down, they are a local brand and are very popular around here. Mike, the owner is also a hell of a stick, so it’s definitely a golf company owned by folks that are passionate about the sport.

I used to get my company logo on polos and 1/4 zips, I’m pretty sure they still offer that service. I’ve had some of their items for years and they hold up incredibly well. Probably the best collar on a polo I’ve ever found.

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t buy more. Fast. Please. :LOL:

I got a couple new Straight Down polos from my Dad for my birthday. I need to grab some pictures to show you guys.

One of them has dogs riding surfboards on it. I did not know i wanted that, but turns out, YES!

I got a couple new Straight Down polos from my Dad for my birthday. I need to grab some pictures to show you guys.

One of them has dogs riding surfboards on it. I did not know i wanted that, but turns out, YES!

I wore two this past weekend and they continue to be one of my favorites for quality.
I still lean back a little towards the latest Puma stuff though for all out comfort.

I want it but wish it was in another besides dark blue. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Is 12 (and 5 navy) too many blue shirts?

I want it but wish it was in another besides dark blue. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Is 12 (and 5 navy) too many blue shirts?

Nope. My wife won’t allow me to buy another shade of blue shirt. It’s all I own from Carolina blue to navy and everything in between.

Good news is she’ll never know, what’s another shirt among 20 blue shirts?

Back