Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Got out this aft for a round with @MagicSpell. I shot a 79 today and the first time breaking 80 on this course. I have tried many times and today was the day. My driver was on fire again today. I used the driver 14 times today with only 2 drives that I didn’t like. One I just got a bit under but still had a clean shot for my 2nd on a par 5 and hole 18 I really tried to crank one down the right side. I hit it well but too far right and had to wedge back into the FW.

I had a mix of fw and some just left and some just right. No balls lost at all. I smashed a driver on 13 and cut the corner on a par 5 over the palms and came out 165 from the green! It was almost point and shoot today. Usually there are 3 holes I would use my 3 wood but why use that when I am hitting my driver well!

With the Velocity in my driver I am keeping the ball in play and giving myself chances. We we’re having so much fun I forgot to have @MagicSpell try the driver. Will let him try it sat at league! LOVE THIS SHAFT in case you can’t tell!

Had a fun day playing in a scramble yesterday. I had a lot of great drives that put us in the FW but did manage to pull 2 left into the desert. The group was already safe in the FW so it was go all out on the swings. Next rounds are Sat and Sun!

Got out for another 9 hole testing & practice round. I was trying all kinds of stuff. Driver heads, shafts, a new hybrid, new putter, wedges and even some iron shafts just out of curiosity. Was basically riding around with three balls and a wrench in my pocket all day. :LOL:

Anyways... After last week's report I thought I'd commit to something different today and only played the Velocity in my gamer driver, the standard Mavrik 9˚, set at +1/D, which is what I play with my gamer HZRDUS Yellow. Hit multiple drives off of most every tee just to get a good feel for the on course performance.

Distance today was definitely there when my swing was. Hit a couple of good long ones that set me up pretty well. Drive of the day was on #2. Hit it past the cart markers for the first time I can remember in a good while. Perfect push draw down the right side that caught the hill and bounded down to the flat area 70-80 yards from the center of the green. I usually hit hybrid on this hole, but I was testing drivers so why not?

2597A47A-81DD-4D88-85A9-3231F179ED2C_1_105_c.jpeg

Also hit great drives on 3 & 6. On 3 a fade that started in the center and ended up inside 5 feet into the rough, that allowed me to take a shot into the wind with a 4H at a par 5 (rolled off the back). On 6 I hit one down the left side that left me about 90 to the center. Another hole I rarely hit driver on but testing demands otherwise!

Flight-wise my initial thoughts were that this shaft was just a straight high launcher. After my last two outings with it, trying two different driver heads, I'm starting to walk that back a bit mentally. Does it fly a little higher than the HZRDUS Yellow on similarly struck shots? Seems to just a little bit, but at this point I'm seeing no loss of distance and on swings where I'm trying to keep it down a bit, I have about the same success rate as my gamer setup (50/50 lol).

Direction-wise, I was convinced that I could only hit fades with this shaft. I proved that wrong today once on purpose, and a couple of times not on purpose when my hook swing showed up to play. I do think that this shaft responds better for me when I just aim down the middle and let it fade just a little bit, but that could probably be said for any shaft with my current driver swing.

I also found that the Velocity really did respond better when I didn't hold back and took a larger swing with it. I still think that it requires a bit of a smoother transition than I have all the time, and my best results were when I took the closest semblance I can produce to an Ernie Els swing if that makes sense. I focused on letting the driver head go a little long and accelerating through the ball vs. from the top and the results were fantastic. I did put a couple of smother hook swings out there, but even only one of those got me in tree trouble. Everything else was very playable.

Overall I'd say as someone who struggled with this profile in the beginning that it's really starting to come around for me. I can almost certainly attribute my struggles to my bobo swing. Based on the last couple of times out I'm excited to keep going with this one and see how much better it gets. Potential is there as it's now starting to align itself with my gamer in distance and is probably a little better with dispersion. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Popped the Velocity into my son’s 9* TSi3 head this morning and played a solo nine. It produced the flatter ball flight that I expected vs my 10* TSi2 head. Probably gained a few yards in total distance and had the same 71% FIR as I did last time out with the 2.

The difference in how the two heads are weighted was noticeable but I don’t think distance or dispersion was significantly different.

Wish I had a (lighter) TSi1 head just to further test different combos with this shaft.

The main thing is I’m in sync with the Velocity now and feel like I can hit various shots and shapes on command.

This (D30+) in the Radspeed appears to be a hell of a match for me.

Seeing a high flight, but not sacrificing anything as soon remains low-mid.

Even all these months in, the feel wrecks my head. It’s just truly mind bending. This is an AMAZING driver shaft though.

Got out for a quick 9 this evening and used the Velocity 7 times. 4 FW hit 2 just to the right and 1 OB. I just left the face open and it was not my best effort. Do you guys grin every time you grab your driver!

Got out for a quick 9 this evening and used the Velocity 7 times. 4 FW hit 2 just to the right and 1 OB. I just left the face open and it was not my best effort. Do you guys grin every time you grab your driver!
I've been struggling with my driver lately (my swing, not the club/shaft itself), but even so my FW percentage is still up from what it used to be (9/14 FW last two times out, 11/14 the round before that, GHIN says my average is 53%). If my swing was as stable/predictable as this shaft I'd be golden!

The Kinetixx in the XXIO X will get played this weekend in a shortened driver. Looking forward to having some fun.

I was able to play the back 9 this aft since we played the front 9 yesterday. I pulled the driver 3 times and had 3 balls in the FW. After that 9 I had enough time to play hole 1 and 9. I played 2 balls on each hole with all 4 drives in the FW. I know the TSI2 is forgiving but this shaft is contributing and helping me stay In play.

I have to get serious and figure out which FW wood shaft to try. My trouble today was with my 5 wood pushing it right. If I can get the consistency with a Kinetixx FW wood shaft like my driver I’ll be pumped!

The Kinetixx in the XXIO X will get played this weekend in a shortened driver. Looking forward to having some fun.
That should be fun!

Interested to see how this works out for you with the shortened driver. Think tomorrow's round will be net free. Going with the Velocity in my Mav for the entire round.

Played in our league today. The course was wet with no roll out and we played the white tees at 6610 yards. I used the TSI2 with the Velocity 12 times today. 8 times I was I the FW with 2 just right and 2 that were more right then I like but in play. No lost balls or OB off the tee today. The Velocity just performs. I need to not rush my set up and make sure I get a good rotation. i Am playing tomorrow and will get to the range a little earlier than normal to see if I can stop the little bit of right push I had today on a few.

10/14 fairways yesterday with the Velocity in my Mav Max. Really liking this shaft.

Played the Velocity in my weekend round with my Mavrik. Out of the whole 6 times I hit driver, I only hit 3 fairways. That doesn't sound great, but I'm not really upset with the results at all. I always hit driver on 8 because I like to be as close to that green as possible, and anything reasonably well struck rolls through the fairway. The misses I did have were all in play. Other than one really bad push on 10 they were all either online or just barely off the fairway, which is a pretty decent result for me.

Distances were about on par with what I expect from my gamer setup. I stll feel like my absolute best strikes might be a touch shorter with the Velocity, but overall I think it's really close across the board. I'm kind of digging the feel of this thing now that I figured out my tempo with it.

Played the Velocity in my weekend round with my Mavrik. Out of the whole 6 times I hit driver, I only hit 3 fairways. That doesn't sound great, but I'm not really upset with the results at all. I always hit driver on 8 because I like to be as close to that green as possible, and anything reasonably well struck rolls through the fairway. The misses I did have were all in play. Other than one really bad push on 10 they were all either online or just barely off the fairway, which is a pretty decent result for me.

Distances were about on par with what I expect from my gamer setup. I stll feel like my absolute best strikes might be a touch shorter with the Velocity, but overall I think it's really close across the board. I'm kind of digging the feel of this thing now that I figured out my tempo with it.
Figuring out the tempo was key for me too, but I think it's as much about my swing in general as it is about the shaft. Hit 9/13 FW yesterday, another good day with it. I'm not sure what magic pixie dust Paderson put into this shaft, but it's working out very well for me!

getting back on the course tomorrow. in practice this shaft has been pretty great. the last range session was maybe one of the best. high soft draws that were amazingly consistent. we’ll see what shows up on the course when it matters.

10/14 fairways again today with the Mav/Kinetixx combo. I haven't changed any settings from what I was using with the previous shaft, but continue to have nice mid/high ball flight and am consistently hitting more fairways than before.

getting back on the course tomorrow. in practice this shaft has been pretty great. the last range session was maybe one of the best. high soft draws that were amazingly consistent. we’ll see what shows up on the course when it matters.
High soft draws 💥:cool:💥:love:💥

i made a handful of good swings, and the results were fantastic. all this swing gobbledygook in my brain is still an issue, but it was nice to see this perform when it mattered, particularly on the hardest driving hole on the course.

i don’t love the head i have the shaft in. i think i will retip it for something else.

My instructor got his new trackman and it is up and running. Going to get some swings in with the driver tomorrow at my lesson to look at some numbers!

Had a good lesson this morning. Working on my hips not stalling today and getting the path in to out. That might be the hardest thing for me to do. We hit some drives at the end of the lesson. For some really old range balls I hit some nice drives. I have 4 rounds coming up between now and Wed so will get tons of driver time! It is cool having the trackman info available at the lesson to confirm what you are feeling. I got into a groove with the irons on an in to out path and i would tell him yes or no on the path before the data popped up. I hope everyone is getting on the course this weekend!
trackman4.jpgtrackman3.jpgtrackman1.jpgtrackman2.jpg

Another great day with the Kinetixx Velocity yesterday. Pulled the driver 8 times with 7 FW and one just off a few feet. Didn’t get to ply the last hole I got caught in a huge monsoon and it was almost dark. I can’t wait till I can hit a consistent draw off the tee!

Woke up to pouring rain this morning I didn’t think I would be able to play. It cleared up enough that I headed out about 11 to Starr Pass. They were not busy and let me play solo which was super cool. No score kept just wanted to work on alignment and good swings.

I used my driver 7 times with no OB balls and 6 if the FW with one a bit out. On the last hole I hit 2 drives. I think consistent needs to be added to the description we all use for this shaft. I put two right down the middle setting up a nice 2nd shot for the par 5. With all the rain the course was wet so no roll out at all today. The first pic is the tee box on 18 going over the desert.
8D4B8ADD-5443-4CB4-944D-D9B31F847CD8.jpeg6CCC3902-D83C-45B4-8E62-A133FBFB53B8.jpeg

Woke up to pouring rain this morning I didn’t think I would be able to play. It cleared up enough that I headed out about 11 to Starr Pass. They were not busy and let me play solo which was super cool. No score kept just wanted to work on alignment and good swings.

I used my driver 7 times with no OB balls and 6 if the FW with one a bit out. On the last hole I hit 2 drives. I think consistent needs to be added to the description we all use for this shaft. I put two right down the middle setting up a nice 2nd shot for the par 5. With all the rain the course was wet so no roll out at all today. The first pic is the tee box on 18 going over the desert.
View attachment 9030330View attachment 9030331
Hope you filled those or @Canadan will freak out! 😉

Back