Scotty Cameron Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black Putter

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Earlier this year, Scotty Cameron expanded their line of Phantom X putters by releasing the Phantom X 5, 5.5, 11, and 11.5. Today, after receiving plenty of feedback from the world’s best players, Scotty Cameron unveils a new limited-run model, the Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black.

Scotty-Cameron-Phantom-X-9.5-Triple-Black-Putter-1.jpg

Phantom X 9.5 carries over many of the design cues taken from the models released earlier this year, only now they have a little extra flair. Instead of the satin glare-resistant steel look found within the Phantom X series, the 9.5 Triple Black features a matte black finish, as you probably guessed by the name. Another change is that three red dots, one of the many signatures of Scotty Cameron putters, are...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dig that putter. I love the 3 red dots on the top. At that price I likely won't own one but its one sweet looking putter

That is really a nice looking putter head. I prefer the 3 red dots on the top line and no painted alignment lines on the flange.

• Staff
I really dig that putter. I love the 3 red dots on the top. At that price I likely won't own one but its one sweet looking putter

I much prefer the red 3 dots on this one compared to the other 3 dots used on other Phantom X models. Red on black just looks sweet.

love the look. Smaller head shape than the x11.5 is screaming my name.

ill be in Carlsbad/encinitas that weekend already and was gonna stop at the gallery store....must be fate!

Definitely one I would have to try out and see if it was markedly better than what I already have as the look does not appeal at all to me.

That finish looks filthy, but then again so does that price. I would have enjoyed seeing one red sight dot vs 3 little ones, but that's whatever in the scheme of things. I'm not spending $750 on a putter either haha.

• Staff
That finish looks filthy, but then again so does that price. I would have enjoyed seeing one red sight dot vs 3 little ones, but that's whatever in the scheme of things. I'm not spending $750 on a putter either haha.

that makes 2 of us. Matter of fact I mentioned to GG last night that if I brought home this putter I'd be getting some serious death stares from my wife.

I think the key word here is a a $750 production putter - if it was some insane 1 of 1 Machine Putter that had some exotic materials and touches that made it 100% mine, I could theoretically get into it, but not one from a mainstream company with other iterations of it.

that makes 2 of us. Matter of fact I mentioned to GG last night that if I brought home this putter I'd be getting some serious death stares from my wife.

It's not for me, it's for the baby. I hear that works sometimes.

I think the key word here is a a $750 production putter - if it was some insane 1 of 1 Machine Putter that had some exotic materials and touches that made it 100% mine, I could theoretically get into it, but not one from a mainstream company with other iterations of it.

I agree. If this was a true custom putter, one could make the argument a little bit better. This isn't that, so it's way more than I'm interested in at the moment.

It's not for me, it's for the baby. I hear that works sometimes.

she did ask me the other day if I found him a putter for Christmas. This could be it.

Good looking putter. But, it is too rich for my blood.

That is a beautiful putter love the all black. No chance i am spending that much though.

Looks funky to me, but I also kinda see what he was going for. Pass at that price though even if limited.

I think they nailed the looks and the price is in line with what most of their limited offerings go for at launch. If I was a betting man, I would say between 3-4k pieces total will be made.

Not feeling the look of that one.

I’m not a huge Scotty fan but that putter looks fantastic. Matte Black, the three red dots on top...I like everything about that putter. The price is out of my reach but it’s definitely cool.

Here, everyone, I just saved you $745.00
1632252378117.png

Just can't game that big head. Nice design job, though.

If Batman or Darth Vader had a putter, this is the one.

i had the H20 11.5 triple black putter. i sold it for retail to my buddy. same place where i get all my limited putters has my name down. maybe the shop miss quoted me, but he said it was $700

Back